• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody got no words of wisdom?! <deleted>?!

Unfortunately it's mostly just reacharounds and jibber jabber in here...

double negation means affirmation wink.png

See...?

if you want advice, do the opposite of what the loudest adviser says. they all change their minds fortnightly anyway.

Unfortunately it's mostly just reacharounds and jibber jabber in here...

double negation means affirmation wink.png

See...?

if you want advice, do the opposite of what the loudest adviser says. they all change their minds fortnightly anyway.

Yes, go with those who consistently point out that down is up.

There was a rush to liquidity last week on the part of all central banks in fear of a run on the banks in southern Europe, thus risk off on copper, gold and silver. Coupled with the declining manufacturing numbers from China, EU and USA further depressed the metals.

any input from the resident precious metals experts on "why is silver that weak?"

please no conspiracy theories! there must be a tangible reason for the prevailing AU/AG ratio.

Don't know his reasons but ....remember I mentioned a short while back the cyclist

said Silver was done till Feb 2013

He has also stated that 60/1 GSR will be tested

He stated that will be the signal

" if breaking through that level,for an outright deflationary drop in the markets.So beware for the upcoming liquidity crisis if the ratio goes through the 60"

Sorry I know that is not to be considered tangible but as you know

I do enjoy reading his projections.

Well, the cat has been caught in the Canary cage.

Central Banks Manipulate Gold Markets

THU 21 JUN 12 | 09:40 PM ET

Chris Powell, Secretary & Treasurer of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee says central banks are manipulating gold markets as they are interested in supporting government bonds and keeping interest rates low.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000097894&play=1

Well, the cat has been caught in the Canary cage.

Central Banks Manipulate Gold Markets

THU 21 JUN 12 | 09:40 PM ET

Chris Powell, Secretary & Treasurer of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee says central banks are manipulating gold markets as they are interested in supporting government bonds and keeping interest rates low.

http://video.cnbc.co...00097894&play=1

yeah right! "gold anti-trust action committee" = coffee1.gifsaai.giflaugh.pngbeatdeadhorse.gif

addendum: the same applies for publications from the "World Gold Council" and the "Union of Papua New Guinea retired Ladyboy Headhunters".

Edited by Naam

any input from the resident precious metals experts on "why is silver that weak?"

please no conspiracy theories! there must be a tangible reason for the prevailing AU/AG ratio.

Don't know his reasons but ....remember I mentioned a short while back the cyclist said Silver was done till Feb 2013

He stated that will be the signal " if breaking through that level,for an outright deflationary drop in the markets.So beware for the upcoming liquidity crisis if the ratio goes through the 60"

Sorry I know that is not to be considered tangible but as you know I do enjoy reading his projections.

i mentioned already that your cyclist impressed me. but where's the logic in ">60 = liquidity crisis"?

why not 58.75 or 62.30 or humpteen-dumpty point eight zero? huh.png

There was a rush to liquidity last week on the part of all central banks in fear of a run on the banks in southern Europe, thus risk off on copper, gold and silver. Coupled with the declining manufacturing numbers from China, EU and USA further depressed the metals.

"depressed metals" was not the issue. AU AG ratio was.

There was a similar pattern around 2008 where the price looked like about to fall but then it skyrocketed to more than double. Similarly in EUR. Not everyone buys in USD, however, even in USD this proves to be a good investment in the long term (if you plan to buy and sell in a few months, there are better options, I agree, but the main reason to buy gold is to protect the value in the long term, not a short term speculative investment).

Whoever questions the value of gold, especially here in Thailand, just have a good look at the history of gold price in THB. If you still deny it, go back to the basic school.

-whoever questions that the value of gold does fluctuate in Thailand is an ignorant person.

-whoever thinks that Thailand is the center of the world has my sympathy.

-who denies the fact that gold prices in Thailand do nothing else than reflect international gold prices based on the exchange rate of USD THB should learn the basics.

-who does not accept that Gold in Thailand dropped in 1980 like a stone and as much as the metal dropped internationally proves that he has no idea.

Edited by Naam

Don't know his reasons but ....remember I mentioned a short while back the cyclist said Silver was done till Feb 2013

He stated that will be the signal " if breaking through that level,for an outright deflationary drop in the markets.So beware for the upcoming liquidity crisis if the ratio goes through the 60"

Sorry I know that is not to be considered tangible but as you know I do enjoy reading his projections.

i mentioned already that your cyclist impressed me. but where's the logic in ">60 = liquidity crisis"?

why not 58.75 or 62.30 or humpteen-dumpty point eight zero? huh.png

Yes I know & wonder also....but cyclist by definition do judge by turn dates & cycles.

So....& I am in no way sure....perhaps the 60/1 is the line or cycle turn point?

No idea & as always as I said read his projections out of curiosity.

For the past few years I have been amazed by his turn dates & how accurate they were.

Usually to the day.

Edited by flying

Yes I know & wonder also....but cyclist by definition do judge by turn dates & cycles.

So....& I am in no way sure....perhaps the 60/1 is the line or cycle turn point?

but most bicycles have three turning points. which one applies? huh.png

653px-USDOT_highway_sign_bicycle_symbol_-_black.svg.png

but most bicycles have three turning points. which one applies? huh.png

email sent :)

Naam, with all respect to you, comparing 1980 with the steady rise of gold for decades is silly. Or do you think that money in 1980 were of the same value as today, with all the quantitative easing a.k.a. printing money from the thin air? Be a realist, the prices of metals or any commodities are only going to rise in the long term as is rising the amount of money in the system. Temporary short-time movements are not important, it is a normal correction.

The inflation is a real killer and you can only dream to buy gold or any other metal for the same amount of papers called dollars or THB as a few years ago, it will never happen. Everything is getting more expensive, even som tam.

Naam, with all respect to you, comparing 1980 with the steady rise of gold for decades is silly. Or do you think that money in 1980 were of the same value as today, with all the quantitative easing a.k.a. printing money from the thin air? Be a realist, the prices of metals or any commodities are only going to rise in the long term as is rising the amount of money in the system. Temporary short-time movements are not important, it is a normal correction.

'Since the 1970s, however, the correlation between inflation and gold has disappeared. From 1983 through 2004, inflation averaged about 3%. Yet the nominal return on gold in Canadian dollars during this period was –0.3% annualized. That’s a real return of –50% over a period of 22 years. Not only was gold useless as an inflation hedge for more than two decades, it lost half its value along the way.'

'Since the 1970s, however, the correlation between inflation and gold has disappeared. From 1983 through 2004, inflation averaged about 3%. Yet the nominal return on gold in Canadian dollars during this period was –0.3% annualized. That’s a real return of –50% over a period of 22 years. Not only was gold useless as an inflation hedge for more than two decades, it lost half its value along the way.'

Where did that quote come from? www.naamsense.com ?

Where did that quote come from? www.naamsense.com ?

Here is the historical gold price including the period referred to: 1983-2004 followed by the Canadian inflation rate.

You will see that for the period referred to the statement is correct.

The essential point being made is that for a 20 year period gold was useless as a place of safety and cannot be relied upon to perform consistently, a story the gold bugs have to stand on, otherwise they are in tatters.

gold-chart-757127.gif

Now here is the Canadian inflation rate:

chart.png?s=cacpiyoy&d1=19800101&d2=20120630

I love the funny math that is thrown out to show that even though gold costs more now that it has lost (put in your value here) % in value.

And then they say.. "the gold bugs...blah blah bah..."

Don't think you are going to convince anyone here that the gold they bought in the 80's or 90's is worth less today. But if you want to keep trying it will only push you further to the "cool-aide" drinkers anonymous group.

Or as you friend so frequently puts it.....

not_this_shit_again.jpg

Edited by Jayman