Where Is Gold Going In This Market

But China is telling its citizens to buy metals.

any official statement besides those in goldbug blogs?

I think this is what the hype is referring to. It's the only primary source I've seen. Has anyone seen something else?

a lot of people have seen something else. just ask them what they saw and still see in their wet dreams. notwithstanding the fact that precious metals may indeed rise i think it is deplorable what blatant lies are spread in the gold pusher blogs. an excellent example is the twist from "China offers its people to buy silver" to "Chinese government telling it's citizen's to buy GOLD/SILVER!" plus the bullshit that Chinese were until recently not allowed to buy gold.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, there could be a "flight to safety" to the US$, but only by the uninformed. Depending on what the US does the US$ could easily go the same way as the Zim dollar.

As is stands the US has only two options.....renege on their national debt or hyperinflation. Neither is a good option for the dollar. Both are good for gold.

The "uninformed" in March, accounted for $100s of billions. The Fed toolbox is not empty. It can also count on EU. CB's to back it.

No doubt the Yankee roosters head is on the chopping block, from an Eastern prospective. Is it in their interests? No. (although the newly formed Japanese Government threatened it (pre election)).

How far would the US go to protect it's 300 million citizens from Banana Republic status? :) This could be scary shit right here.

Who is in charge in Washington? They gave Obama a PS2 hand held.....and told him it was the "remote trigger". :D His kids are about to bomb China back into the stone-age. :D It's a Global Monty Python sketch. I'm waiting for Gordon Brown's funny walk.

For now, buy some small denomination gold and silver, rest in cash. AIMHO. DYOR.

Regards.

Your view that the same thing will happen that happend in March is not a contrarian play.

Gold, Precious Metals Real or False Breakout?

I think all those obsessed with looking in the rear view mirror instead of paying attention to the road ahead are missing a few things.

And the answer is, not a living soul knows, and there are probably about 6 Billion people on Earth that don't care either.

Edited by lannarebirth

I think all those obsessed with looking in the rear view mirror instead of paying attention to the road ahead are missing a few things.

And the answer is, not a living soul knows, and there are probably about 6 Billion people on Earth that don't care either.

even if they knew and care, most of the 6 billion people do not have the means to counteract whatever they might expect on the road ahead.

even if they knew and care, most of the 6 billion people do not have the means to counteract whatever they might expect on the road ahead.

And even if they have the means they make the wrong choices, or the right choice, then the wrong choice. Everything is in play.

This kind of talk applies to all investments, not just Gold.

What he said about US monetary policy and gold – this bit on the record – would appear to validate the long-held belief of gold bugs that China has fundamentally lost confidence in the US dollar and is going to shift to a partial gold standard through reserve accumulation.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambro...-price-of-gold/

where is VegasVic and his 1.15-1.20 ? :)

I was asking the same question to myself, yesterday, and checked his profile; he was last on line on August 2 and I hope he's in good health and on a holdiay trip or something but who knows, but him?

His last words, on August 2, were:

""Currently the velocity of money is at a standstill and inflation is about as tame as I have ever seen it in my adult life, so I will go on the record here and predict a fall in the POG to mid $800 levels or lower by the end of September :D "" .....................including the smiley.

So.......what can I say other than that all gold buyers should sell their shiny stuff before it's too late ? :D

LaoPo

I was asking the same question to myself, yesterday, and checked his profile; he was last on line on August 2 and I hope he's in good health and on a holdiay trip or something but who knows, but him?

""Currently the velocity of money is at a standstill and inflation is about as tame as I have ever seen it in my adult life, so I will go on the record here and predict a fall in the POG to mid $800 levels or lower by the end of September :D "" .....................including the smiley.

So.......what can I say other than that all gold buyers should sell their shiny stuff before it's too late ? :D

LaoPo

And maybe make note of the fact that it takes more Euros to buy an Oz. of Gold than it did the last time Gold was at this level.

LaoPo

And maybe make note of the fact that it takes more Euros to buy an Oz. of Gold than it did the last time Gold was at this level.

:D ..you mean less €uros ? (since the moment VegasVic wrote the above...) or do I misinterpret your sentence ?

LaoPo

LaoPo

:D ..you mean less €uros ? (since the moment VegasVic wrote the above...) or do I misinterpret your sentence ?

LaoPo

Just eyeballing it roughly, last time Gold hit these levels the Euro could buy 1.58 $USD, not it buys 1.46 $USD, so roughly Euro took 9% hit against Gold.

Just eyeballing it roughly, last time Gold hit these levels the Euro could buy 1.58 $USD, not it buys 1.46 $USD, so roughly Euro took 9% hit against Gold.

Interesting observation

Also interesting the mere mention of the VV name was good for a bump today :)

Why encouraging the population of

China to import gold makes sense

by Hugo Salinas Price

President, Mexican Civic Association Pro Silver

September 9, 2009

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/s.../2009/0909.html

Edited by flying

where is VegasVic and his 1.15-1.20 ? :D

LaoPo

What if I paid $300 for it ? :):D

only the lazy EUR which was hidden under a mattress. the hard working EUR can't see gold when he turns around.

:)

After 21 years, Barrick will finally wean itself off gold hedging

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/minewe...0&sn=Detail

Adrian Douglas: Barrick can't get gold needed to cover hedges

But Barrick is not eliminating hedges by actually delivering gold. The company is instead raising cash to pay off its obligations. This is technically a default on the delivery of the hedged gold.

http://gata.org/node/7773

For those that like AG as much as AU ( count me as one )

where can one keep a considerable amount (value) of physical silver? another bigger warehouse apart from the warehouse where one keeps the gold? :)

Are you kidding? I have seen pictures of your house & it has some really great spots. :D

For those that like AG as much as AU ( count me as one )

where can one keep a considerable amount (value) of physical silver? another bigger warehouse apart from the warehouse where one keeps the gold? :D

Naam, now that my gold is getting really valuable, can I store it in one of your closets? :) I will probably take it back when it hits 1500 later this year :D