Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whistleblower to CFTC in JPM Silver Manipulation Struck by Hit and Run Car

I am glad that although Mr. Maguire and his wife are shaken they will apparently be all right.

The related story on his allegations regarding manipulation in the silver market is here.

I hesitate to say anything more at this point, except curiouser and curiouser.

As reported by Adrian Douglas, the Director of GATA who has been the contact for Mr. Andrew T. Maguire, and on the GATA website

"On March 25th at the CFTC Public Hearing on Precious Metals GATA made a dramatic revelation of a whistleblower source, Andrew Maguire, who has first hand evidence of gold and silver market manipulation by JPMorganChase, and who had tipped off the CFTC in advance of manipulation in gold and silver some months ago.

On March 26th while out shopping with his wife in the London area, Mr. Maguire's car was hit by a car careening out of a side road. The driver of the vehicle then tried to escape.

When a pedestrian eye-witness attempted to block the driver's escape he accelerated at him and would have hit him had the pedestrian not jumped out of the way. The car then hit two other cars in escaping. The driver was apprehended by the police after police helicopters were called in and following a high speed chase.

Andrew and his wife were hospitalized with minor injuries. They were discharged from hospital today and should make a full recovery."

Whistle blowing was originally reported a few days back too....

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2...ps-forward.html

So we get a collapse in 'paper' gold and a rally in physical. That will be interesting to see.

All of this news in the last couple days with the silver market whistle blower and the LBMA news. Makes wonder if the Euro is using its nuclear option.

shhhhhh...! :) the Mrs has the hots again since she saw <1100 :D

:D :D Smart Girl

that is correct but only up to a certain extent. what i don't find smart at all is that she considers to buy paper gold in addition to physical gold :D

that is correct but only up to a certain extent. what i don't find smart at all is that she considers to buy paper gold in addition to physical gold :D

That is odd for such a smart girl eh?

Perhaps she has run out of hiding places for the real deal?

Tell her my idea about exchanging a few pool floor bricks :D

That is odd for such a smart girl eh? Perhaps she has run out of hiding places for the real deal? Tell her my idea about exchanging a few pool floor bricks :D

hiding places as well as bank lockers are only safe when located in safe countries.

hiding places as well as bank lockers are only safe when located in safe countries.

But I thought Patters was kinda like the Vatican? A country unto itself.... :)

edit: hey I just noticed you list Nongprue as home now?

Edited by flying

But I thought Patters was kinda like the Vatican? A country unto itself.... :) edit: hey I just noticed you list Nongprue as home now?

it was always Nongprue as well as Banglamung. to the best of my knowledge these are former villages (a lot more exist) which form the present "Greater Pattaya" the most hated, most loved and blessed Pearl of South East Asia.

it was always Nongprue as well as Banglamung. to the best of my knowledge these are former villages (a lot more exist) which form the present "Greater Pattaya" the most hated, most loved and blessed Pearl of South East Asia.

Never knew those till I looked them up....

Not gold but Plat.....Whats going on it has been jumping tonight in Asia

Ahhhhhhh hind sight eh? Still remember that brief time not long ago it was less than gold

Not seen gold up and DOW down in a long time. Might be this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...i1_y4&pos=5

Regards.

presently "gold up" is nothing but "dollar down".

Pretty much always the case $ down gold up.....Except looking at where the $ is now & the price of gold....

For Gold to be over 1100/oz USD with the dollar at 81 is a bit surprising no?

Quick check for me shows dollar at 81 last June- July & gold was 900-925/oz USD

Just noticing & yes I know it may be different in Euros :)

Edited by flying

Not seen gold up and DOW down in a long time. Might be this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...i1_y4&pos=5

Regards.

presently "gold up" is nothing but "dollar down".

Pretty much always the case $ down gold up.....Except looking at where the $ is now & the price of gold....

For Gold to be over 1100/oz USD with the dollar at 81 is a bit surprising no?

Quick check for me shows dollar at 81 last June- July & gold was 900-925/oz USD

Just noticing & yes I know it may be different in Euros :)

not always. today dollar is down vs. GBP and EUR and Gold fell in Hong Kong dramatically to 834 dollars.

not always. today dollar is down vs. GBP and EUR and Gold fell in Hong Kong dramatically to 834 dollars.

Yeah right.... even I know what date it is.

:) No Aprils fool it is 864 in Hong Kong Dollars...8646.4 :D

Edited by flying

sorry guys, just looking for a short answer here.

I have a gold chain that can get me a bit of money before i come to thailand (staying for 3/4 months).

i'm coming over in 8 weeks. Just wondering if i should sell now or wait until i leave?

i'm not too sure about gold prices.

thanks

And do you reckon all/none/some of Thailand is safe for this or? If not then where in Asia? HK? Singapore? Thoughts appreciated...

LIHR gold up 33% today, one of my stocks :) Anyway it looks like merger season is here for gold stocks.

It was $3.60 around November, could go further, now Ballarat is out the book.

Its undervalued but the market still doesn't like it. It has been a dog the last couple months, I was thinking about selling.

And do you reckon all/none/some of Thailand is safe for this or? If not then where in Asia? HK? Singapore? Thoughts appreciated...

seen from my personal perspective:

-i am an investor who is investing to achieve income, spend a part of it and reinvest the remainder,

-any capital gains are welcome but secondary,

-gold does not generate income,

-there is nothing wrong with holding a certain percentage of one's wealth in gold,

-my view is that holding gold is prudent in case of a crisis,

-in case of a crisis the afore mentioned gold should be available physically,

-physically means, if possible, in my (or my wife's) pocket or somewhere in my house,

-in my view the latter is not wise,

-keeping gold in a bank locker could mean (in case of a full blown crisis like autumn 2008) that neither accounts nor lockers are accessible and that might have applied to many countries.

LIHR gold up 33% today, one of my stocks :) Anyway it looks like merger season is here for gold stocks.

It was $3.60 around November, could go further, now Ballarat is out the book.

Its undervalued but the market still doesn't like it. It has been a dog the last couple months, I was thinking about selling.

I am holding mine; they have a huge stockpile of gold in reserve (in vault) and no debt, Ballarat just out the way, and new CIO

Newcrest offer is too low, depend how you think the gold will trade in the future.

LGL were doing much better few year ago, perhaps it could come back !

seen from my personal perspective:

-i am an investor who is investing to achieve income, spend a part of it and reinvest the remainder,

-any capital gains are welcome but secondary,

-gold does not generate income,

-there is nothing wrong with holding a certain percentage of one's wealth in gold,

-my view is that holding gold is prudent in case of a crisis,

-in case of a crisis the afore mentioned gold should be available physically,

-physically means, if possible, in my (or my wife's) pocket or somewhere in my house,

-in my view the latter is not wise,

-keeping gold in a bank locker could mean (in case of a full blown crisis like autumn 2008) that neither accounts nor lockers are accessible and that might have applied to many countries.

gold does actually generate a small income....

Interestingly and we can't yet say for sure, gold does seem to have now separated from equities/risk assets. Still likley to be inversely correlated to USD though and that still makes gold a risk asset whilever Dollars and T-Bills remain the safe haven - but maybe, just maybe, this could be the first chink in that scenario??

Last few weeks could really be the start of something big - and short term outlook still appears to be supportive of stocks and negatove for gold - or they could just be the effect of market timing and of manipulation?

stick around to find out

no, and it actually costs quite a bunch of money to store.

storage is not a problem. the fee for my bank locker in Singapore is SGD 180 per annum. its size is approximately 50x30x15cm, i.e. in theory it can hold gold valued USD 750,000 today.

but Gambles is right. if you bend backward and go through the whole rigmarole, own a minimum quantity of gold you can make a few pennies via lending. problem is that your gold is not available in case you need it.

no, and it actually costs quite a bunch of money to store.

commercially gold attracts rent - not a huge yield but a yield nonetheless - but as usual, Naam was quicker than me!

Edited by Gambles