Ex-pm Samak Has Liver Cancer

george

Samak is completely devoid of any redeeming features outside of his own self interests and by his actions the interests of the "kensington kid", commonly known as the prince of cowards , however, I wouldn't for one minute wish liver cancer on him so lets hope for an immediate and speedy recovery so he is able to spend a couple of years in relative comfort inside a Bkk prison.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samak is completely devoid of any redeeming features outside of his own self interests and by his actions the interests of the "kensington kid", commonly known as the prince of cowards , however, I wouldn't for one minute wish liver cancer on him so lets hope for an immediate and speedy recovery so he is able to spend a couple of years in relative comfort inside a Bkk prison.

Agree with those sentiments 1000%

The reporter later confirmed Mr Samak's illness to local media,

but quoted him as saying his condition was "not as serious as suspected"

Seems like he has already allowed for being in that 7%...

It is not without sympathy for ANYONE that has liver cancer,

that receiving this announcement of potential terminal illness

is tempered with cynicism when considering the long term veracity

of the only source, and that sources near term future prospects.

Confirmed from Samak or from his doctors... thanks, just the same, but I will await a doctor actually saying that Samak has liver cancer. It can't be that difficult, but as yet, that hasn't occurred, AFAIK.

Still no independent verification/corroboration on Samak's condition directly from the doctors in this morning's Bangkok Post article....

http://www.bangkokpost.com/191008_News/19Oct2008_news08.php

What are you? TV's version of the National Enquirer with an obsessive need to pry into people's private lives? Why should the doctors betray their duty of patient confidentiality? The former prime minister has no obligation to release his medical files o the public. If it becomes a matter of law, the judiciary will satisfy itself accordingly. Personal medical information isn't released in the west of those accused of crimes either until it becomes necessary to enter it as evidence in a trial.

Would you like it if people snooped around your medical files and released the information contained therein?

How anyone can compare the premature suffering and deaths of innocents with what this evil individual represents and offer it in the same context relating to the Karma we allegedly will inherit, is beyond my comprehension.

Samak if it is true, is suffering from a naturally accepted part of our lives, especially when reaching old age, especially when sadly, it is usuall caused by self inflicted over indulgence in certain habits.

Yes, i to have witnessed several cases of liver cancer and yes it is a horrible way to die, but Karma is in this case appropriate as i consider the balances between his infamous past and his present illness.

If he has / had been suffering fo some time he would not have stayed the course, indeed he would not have been in a position to do so, again going on the long term suffering this awful disease brings on.

I for one do not accept that he deserves a feeling that he for so many years was incapable of showing, indeed once again he displayed contempt, along with an unbelievable and inhuman pleasure of indifference to it all.

It is as i said in my previous post, in the hands of a higher authority, as indeed it is for all of us.

In my case i stay in my usual mindset regarding what goes around comes around, with those who did not afford the same compassion to others.

If this makes me as bad, thinking they deserve what,s coming to them, then i look forward to meeting my maker and being judged accordingly.

Go on Thaksin, make my day, god willing, that is, especially for the EKJ,s and the Southern inhumanities you oversaw while in priviledged office as the premier of the beloved Thai people and the country.

marshbags :o

your a karma camelion!!!!!!!!!! :D

Still no independent verification/corroboration on Samak's condition directly from the doctors in this morning's Bangkok Post article....

What are you? TV's version of the National Enquirer with an obsessive need to pry into people's private lives? Why should the doctors betray their duty of patient confidentiality? The former prime minister has no obligation to release his medical files o the public. If it becomes a matter of law, the judiciary will satisfy itself accordingly. Personal medical information isn't released in the west of those accused of crimes either until it becomes necessary to enter it as evidence in a trial.

Would you like it if people snooped around your medical files and released the information contained therein?

In case you are unaware, hospital public relations departments release general information on well-known patients, and I think an ex-Prime Minister falls into that category, frequently, both here in Thailand, and overseas, including the West. How many times have we been informed of Cheney's various heart ailments?

If the man had not a long, long history of telling porkies, it'd probably be a lot easier to take things he says at face value.

If there was even a cursory acknowledgment by the hospital regarding either his alleged diagnosis OR his alleged surgical intervention, it might make a significant difference.

Edited by sriracha john

In case you are unaware, hospital public relations departments release general information on well-known patients, and I think an ex-Prime Minister falls into that category, frequently, both here in Thailand, and overseas, including the West. How many times have we been informed of Cheney's various heart ailments?

If the man had not a long, long history of telling porkies, it'd probably be a lot easier to take things he says at face value.

If there was even a cursory acknowledgment by the hospital regarding either his alleged diagnosis OR his alleged surgical intervention, it might make a significant difference.

What makes it appear 'possibly suspect' is not just his approaching incarceration

as motive for dissembling, coupled with his long history of dissembling,

but how he himself announces it, while talking to the press.

Then says it's not so bad as thought, when 7% survival is the logical prognosis.

But clearly has NOT given the hospital permission to speak authoritatively.

He could easily provide his own corroboration and erase all doubt.

That is if what he says and the hospital are the same thing...

If on the other hypothetical hand;

He had a bile blockage, it was then removed, and it contained some "pre-cancerous cells"

and he jumped on the C word, as a potential out for his impending troubles,

then that could explain the NON-corroborated statements.

I hope he doesn't have it.

But as a very public figure he has long waived the right to total press silence on his life.

As long as it is truthful, the press can speak on him as they see fit.

SJ may not hate PAD, but this is not 'yellow journailism'... :o

Edited by animatic

How anyone can compare the premature suffering and deaths of innocents with what this evil individual represents and offer it in the same context relating to the Karma we allegedly will inherit, is beyond my comprehension.

Samak if it is true, is suffering from a naturally accepted part of our lives, especially when reaching old age, especially when sadly, it is usuall caused by self inflicted over indulgence in certain habits.

Yes, i to have witnessed several cases of liver cancer and yes it is a horrible way to die, but Karma is in this case appropriate as i consider the balances between his infamous past and his present illness.

If he has / had been suffering fo some time he would not have stayed the course, indeed he would not have been in a position to do so, again going on the long term suffering this awful disease brings on.

I for one do not accept that he deserves a feeling that he for so many years was incapable of showing, indeed once again he displayed contempt, along with an unbelievable and inhuman pleasure of indifference to it all.

It is as i said in my previous post, in the hands of a higher authority, as indeed it is for all of us.

In my case i stay in my usual mindset regarding what goes around comes around, with those who did not afford the same compassion to others.

If this makes me as bad, thinking they deserve what,s coming to them, then i look forward to meeting my maker and being judged accordingly.

Go on Thaksin, make my day, god willing, that is, especially for the EKJ,s and the Southern inhumanities you oversaw while in priviledged office as the premier of the beloved Thai people and the country.

marshbags :D

your a karma camelion!!!!!!!!!! :D

But definetly not a Boy George :o:D

There you go unforgiven, got me singing along to the memory stacked record

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

When he was a PM, he was healthy as a bull, walking around fresh markets, eating like a pig etc. Suddenly when he is not in charge anymore and prison seems so likely scenario, he get critically ill and got a "cancer". Thai politics is the best available drama/comedy around...

For those of us (like me), who believe in Karma...

If Samak really does have liver cancer, then it is a suitable (and very painful) punishment for the pain and suffering that he brought upon innocent Thais on October 7th...

I have little sympathy for him. I wonder what he would do if he had his life over again?

Simon

If Samak really does have liver cancer, then it is a suitable (and very painful) punishment for the pain and suffering that he brought upon innocent Thais on October 7th...

I have little sympathy for him. I wonder what he would do if he had his life over again?

Simon

If there is such a thing as Karma, you will pay for such a heartless comment.

Simon

Simon,

It was Somchai in charge Oct 7th.

Samak was already out then and in the hospital Oct 7th.

He DID have more than his share of responsability for SEPT 2nd,

one DAAD dead, and many people injured as he sic'd DAAD on PAD at Government House,

and got his State of Emergency. BUT the army stiffed him for the NEXT round.

Pierrot there are things you have said here I feel exactly the same about.

Teapot/kettle same same

Somchai did get that done and with the predictable reprehensible results.

And he has blood on his hands from his past, every 16 years he has helped people die

and families to be torn apart and have decades of personal anguish.

Edited by animatic

Simon

Get your facts straight before making absolutely stupid posts, maybe someone would wish you got cancer in one place or another just because of this. Now how would that sound?

I have little sympathy for people who make comments like this.

Pierrot there are things you have said here I feel exactly the same about.

Teapot/kettle same same

I don't believe in Karma, not this "kind" of karma anyway.

Regarding the "Teapot/kettle same same", for me it's more a case of egg/chicken, who started it first ?

If you don't think of karma in this way, then we are not talking of the same thing.

You are implying that the karma we get from making an observation of others,

is somehow as strongly applied as the actions of those others being observed.

Karma usually seeks to find a balance between things.

Ying / yang, hot / cold, good / bad, lost / found, uncaring / uncared for, etc.

If you are very bad it seeks to even the score, without MEN actually doing it.

Unless the men are the tool of this balancing, who can say.

It may not happen till you are reincarnated as a sewage eating larvae.

Or the inverse as a truly harmonious and enlightened being,

that floats through life making all around it BETTER for it's passing.

Where each of us resides in the breadth of possibilities is an open question.

Most of us occilate towards center.

BUT some people can be seen as being far to one side or another

Mother Terresaa / Pol Pot as apt examples.

Maybe if it IS true that Kuhn S. is really ill it will allow him to

suffer in this life for his sins in this life, and come back in a better state

for his next life... Not saying it will be or not.

The big karmic wheel does it''s own thing.

But to comment on it's workings doesn't make you evil, it could be just observant.

Another take,

if you find someone unworthy of respect because of their bad actions during good health,

are you suddenly supposed to switch sides and be faux sympathetic just because they are now ill?

Even if their bad actions cause great lasting suffering to others?

Like a mother who lost her child because a 'rable rouser' caused a riot, and that child died.

It sounds like hypocracy. It also sounds like 'christian charity',

but that isn't practiced properly by too many anymore.

Observing that there is an inbalance in others doesn't make you yourself unbalanced,

more than you would be in your natural state.

Edited by animatic

Cancer is not a funny subject, making jokes about whoever has it is very idiotic even if it is someone that you dislike politically. To all you guys laughing it up over someone having cancer I hope karma catches up with you very quickly. You guys are really sick.

Does he have liver cancer?

Are you his doctor? Or are you getting your 100% correct news from ASTV?

No, I'm not his doctor, just curious as to what his doctor says.... to any news agency.

Have you heard anything from him or the hospital???? from any news source?

Are you aware that Samak has a penchant for lying?... on often a grand scale?

Edited by sriracha john

As noted above.

He has not given his doctor his permision to speak publicly on his condition.

He himself as spoken and not with a very clear understanding of what he says he has.

So it remains an open question whether he actual has this or not.

He veracity has been suspect for decades, so the questioning is NOT moot.

To comment on his past and his future joining karmicly is not humor.

He is a very public figure and legitimate subject to comment.

Well, he might have chosen an ailment with a better survival rate - Worldwide the 5 year survival rate is 7%. He's rich and they may have caught it early through regular health screening, which may help his survival (if it is indeed genuine).

Right. A nasty cancer. My ex-wife's mother had liver cancer and suffered terribly.

Cancer is not a funny subject, making jokes about whoever has it is very idiotic even if it is someone that you dislike politically. To all you guys laughing it up over someone having cancer I hope karma catches up with you very quickly. You guys are really sick.

Surely wishing others to suffer is far worse of a karma thing than saying that someone suffers due to karma...

So, good luck Los78.

I might have missed it, but i haven,t found one poster that actually wishes liver cancer on this ??????

What i have found is him getting the sort of reactions his renowned and evil persona of many years standing, deserves.

Compassion, Sympathy, lack of empathy with his alledged liver cancer ?????

There is for certainly a fair amount of moral philosophy in many of the posts, which when you consider his non ethical traits he has and is continually showing, it is hardly surprising.

It is also a quite normal reaction and is not anyone saying they wish this upon him, just simply put, it,s what goes aroung comes around and as such it could finally have come around.

Nothing wrong in that, i,m sure and it doesn,t qualify us for the fate of the nature his and his ilk deserve, be it in this life or the next.

Perhaps we should ask his many victims over the years who have suffered, just because they where considered / are considered lesser human beings, solely based on their lack of so called status and wealth.

Be it alledged or has, may he get whatever fate has determined, based on his own inhumane record.

This goes for the rest of them and particularly the evil one in exile who in spite of his self enforced leave of absence to escape justice and accountability, continues to this day spreading bad karma and hatred from his chosen bolt hole in the far off shores of the U.K., England that is.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags