Whats The Truth

Ok What is the truth does anyone really know

Do KL or Penang issue multi "o" marriage visas if you all the criteria.

Just hear to many different stories.

Cheers

Do not know if this helps but I was after a change from my retirement visa to multi entry o type as I live with my Thai g/f and our baby but got this reply back from the banana guest house in Penang yesterday

Requirements have changed from last year and this year.

Last year, anybody who has a married certificate or baby certificate can easily have 1 year visa without showing any money,

But now it's different. The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money in

Thailand bank.

I believe the people at banana guest house are on quite good terms with the Thai Consulate over their and are quite up to date with there knowledge

Ok What is the truth does anyone really know Do KL or Penang issue multi "o" marriage visas if you all the criteria.

Just hear to many different stories. Cheers

Do not know if this helps but I was after a change from my retirement visa to multi entry o type as I live with my Thai g/f and our baby but got this reply back from the banana guest house in Penang yesterday

Last year, anybody who has a married certificate or baby certificate can easily have 1 year visa without showing any money,

But now it's different. The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money in Thailand bank.

I believe the people at banana guest house are on quite good terms with the Thai Consulate over their and are quite up to date with there knowledge

In the topic that I referenced to the member said he used a rental conatract verses a bank book.

I don't think they expect to see a large amount on deposit just some deposits/withdrawals showing you have money to live on.

Might be a good question for the guest house to answer.

Ok What is the truth does anyone really know Do KL or Penang issue multi "o" marriage visas if you all the criteria.

Just hear to many different stories. Cheers

But now it's different. The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money in Thailand bank.

In the topic that I referenced to the member said he used a rental conatract verses a bank book.

I don't think they expect to see a large amount on deposit just some deposits/withdrawals showing you have money to live on.

Might be a good question for the guest house to answer.

In the topic you referenced to the person was trying to renew a multi entry visa which i agree you do not need to show any funds , which is why i am trying to obtain one as i do not wish to bring a vast amount of money over at the present English Thai exchange rate to renew my retirement visa . but as shown above in my earlier post it seems that you cannot get a multi entry from Penang at the present time . I am trying to get through to the Thai consulate by phone to confirm but at this time the lines do not seem to be working , when i get through and have more info will post

But now it's different. The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money inThailand bank.

They said a 1 year visa which is a multiple entry. A single would be 90 days.

Edited by ubonjoe

But now it's different. The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money inThailand bank.

They said a 1 year visa which is a multiple entry. A single would be 90 days.

begging your pardon where does it say a multiple entry

The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money in Thailand bank.

a one year marriage visa or a 1 year retirement visa is not a multiple entry visa it is a visa where you go and check in every 90 days at immigration you do not have to exit and reenter Thailand

The consul here in Penang only give 1 year married visa or retirement visa if you can show money in Thailand bank.

a one year marriage visa or a 1 year retirement visa is not a multiple entry visa it is a visa where you go and check in every 90 days at immigration you do not have to exit and reenter Thailand

A consulate cannot issue 1 year extensions. These are obtained at Immigration in Thailand.

They can only issue Multi Entry Non O Visas. These require a border run every 90 days.

A consulate cannot issue 1 year extensions. These are obtained at Immigration in Thailand.

They can only issue Multi Entry Non O Visas. These require a border run every 90 days.

maybe you can answer my question then lite beer

can i obtain a multi entry on the grounds that i have a baby over here she has a Thai passport and my name is on the birth certificate and myself and my Thai g/f and baby have been living here for 5 years and i want to give my retirement visa a miss this year , one other question why would you need to show 800,000 for a multi to be obtained in Penang ? any knowledge would be appreciated thanks

maybe you can answer my question then lite beer

can i obtain a multi entry on the grounds that i have a baby over here she has a Thai passport and my name is on the birth certificate and myself and my Thai g/f and baby have been living here for 5 years and i want to give my retirement visa a miss this year , one other question why would you need to show 800,000 for a multi to be obtained in Penang ? any knowledge would be appreciated thanks

Penang Consulate can ask for anything they want to.

As you are over 50 technically you can get an annual extension from Immigration in Thailand to live with your Thai child. No money in the bank needed.

However a lot of offices don't like to do this . Some will do this but like to see some money. Some members have reported have done this in Bangkok with no money needed.

It is a bit of a minefield.

This is the police order.

You need 7.17 (5)

Thanks Lite beer

All ready trying this approach but as my child is only 3 1/2 years old seems like i need to go to court and get a letter was told i could get at the local Amphur ? but they seem reluctant to issue. Its a bit like banging your head against a brick wall ,oh well will try and phone the penang consulate tomorrow cannot get through to them today for some reason i assume i have the right numbers (604) 226-8029, 226-9484 regards cockney rebel.

Thanks Lite beer

All ready trying this approach but as my child is only 3 1/2 years old seems like i need to go to court and get a letter was told i could get at the local Amphur ? but they seem reluctant to issue. Its a bit like banging your head against a brick wall ,oh well will try and phone the penang consulate tomorrow cannot get through to them today for some reason i assume i have the right numbers (604) 226-8029, 226-9484 regards cockney rebel.

As you are not married you would probably only get a single 90 day entry from Penang.

Immigration would give you a one time 60 day extension to visit your child. But that is probably of little use to you.

Edited by Lite Beer

As you are not married you would probably only get a single 90 day entry from Penang.

Immigration would give you a one time 60 day extension to visit your child. But that is probably of little use to you.

Ok gents

I have enquired with the thai visa penang visa service.

they have replied no problems they can handle the multi visa in penang for me.

I have emailed them back to comfirm that multies are available so will keep u informed.

I am offshore working for the next week so i will know more when i get on the beach.

I am willing to give it ago will let u know the outcome surely it can be done or it wont look good for thai visa . com

cheers

harry