Change From Retirement To Marrige Visa

I have been in TL now for over 3 years on a O-A retirement visa with no problems and now the lady who I have been with for most of that time wants to get married. What I cant seem to get info on is what will happen with the visa situation.

I understand they now want a monthly income of 40kb for a marrige visa which I cant meet as I dont have a monthly income. I dont want to have to maintain the 800kb as with the retirement visa as it cuts into my interest on investment which is what I live on.

Anyone know if it is possible to for me to get away with the old 400kb as I have been in the country from before the rules were changed.

You don’t need any proof of income to get a visa (from a Thai consulate) but you need it for an annual extension of stay (from an immigration office) to live with your Thai wife. It does not necessarily have to be your own income but can also be your wife’s income.

--

Maestro

I have been in TL now for over 3 years on a O-A retirement visa with no problems and now the lady who I have been with for most of that time wants to get married. What I cant seem to get info on is what will happen with the visa situation.

I understand they now want a monthly income of 40kb for a marrige visa which I cant meet as I dont have a monthly income. I dont want to have to maintain the 800kb as with the retirement visa as it cuts into my interest on investment which is what I live on.

Anyone know if it is possible to for me to get away with the old 400kb as I have been in the country from before the rules were changed.

If you have an O-A visa issued by a consulate you only were required to show funds on deposit at time of application.

I assume that you are now on a 1 year extension of stay for retirement. You can change to an extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

You will not be able to use the 400,000 baht option. It only applies to those on marriage extensions already.

If you cannot get a income letter/document from your consulate then the only option you have is to show tax reciepts for 40,000 baht income for the previous 3 months prior to application. This topic has been covered on this forum extensively.

Here is a link where this was recently dicussed. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/1st-Annual-E...nx-t218001.html

Edited by ubonjoe