Road-cleaning

People are geting injured and dying on that newly repaired road and these are the best solutions you guys can offer? That's lame.

Agreed koheesti. Luckily this is only what this forum came up with. Alot of bullshit and slagging to eachother. During these postings i went to tessaban together with another poster who is doing videonews and we got a meeting in a week from now with the responsible people. I spent 5 hours on the phone before i went there. I plastered the two girls injured and i drove one of them to the hospital in nathon for the delivery of her sisters babygirl. All on my freetime.

The postings here was just to try to get some help and motivation along the journey. From my side. It led adsolutely nowhere.

This threads point got lost.

I live along the Ghost Road and the solution would be that after heavy rain a JCB went out and scraped the sand off the road there is one along there owned by local Thai people I have hired it myself to do private work if I remember right it is about 1600 THB for 1 hour which would be plenty of time to clean up the few trouble spots.

I would happily make a monthly contribution to have this done maybe if the other residents along the road do likewise than hopefully end of problem.

Come on Mattias, i think you've been here long enough to know about Thai's & reasponsibility, there is none..
The Road is supposed to be maintained Mattias, yeah you're right & no one is disagreeing with you

Msingh, can you please read your previous postings before you do new ones? It would help you to stop doing these "stupid statements" even in your native tongue.

Again, can't see a " stupid statement " from myself which is surely classed as " Flaming " anyway, it's only my opinion on what you should do anyway & to have my opinion classed as " stupid " on 3 occasions now is out of order... :o

Thankfully you've seemed to accept option 3 ) though that i gave you... :D

That goes without saying. If you considered it stupid you would not post it. :D .

Not sure i got all your options right, and follow them. But if you ever came up with the idea to call tessaban, i guess i have to thank you.

Your oppinion on what i should do when i asked for a little help on where to go and who to talk to, is to go out there and sweep as much as i can and stop spending time posting about it. That was your "oppinion".

As you say, flaming is not aloud so i wont grade your oppinion, but i think you see yourself how pointless your contribution in this thread have been. And if you don´t see it, continue it, feel free to make similar posts everyday, like i said earlier this thread lost it´s point long time ago and quite frankly i will probably not read it anymore anyway. It´s yours....

People are geting injured and dying on that newly repaired road and these are the best solutions you guys can offer? That's lame.

Agreed koheesti. Luckily this is only what this forum came up with. Alot of bullshit and slagging to eachother. During these postings i went to tessaban together with another poster who is doing videonews and we got a meeting in a week from now with the responsible people. I spent 5 hours on the phone before i went there. I plastered the two girls injured and i drove one of them to the hospital in nathon for the delivery of her sisters babygirl. All on my freetime.

The postings here was just to try to get some help and motivation along the journey. From my side. It led adsolutely nowhere.

This threads point got lost.

I live along the Ghost Road and the solution would be that after heavy rain a JCB went out and scraped the sand off the road there is one along there owned by local Thai people I have hired it myself to do private work if I remember right it is about 1600 THB for 1 hour which would be plenty of time to clean up the few trouble spots.

I would happily make a monthly contribution to have this done maybe if the other residents along the road do likewise than hopefully end of problem.

I would just like to add that I have seen this JCB cleaning the road before on occasions but I have no idea who funded this.

Self speaking?

I use the Humvee, or avoid this road generally, especially it is the GHOST ROAD!

Well after all, how about some voluntary community work and simply get some people from the community and have a "Ghost Road cleaning event" every 14 days, monthly or whenever is needed?

At least it will ring some bells in the neighborhood, eventually the pu yai ban may hear about it, it may go all the way to the nai amphoe or to tessaban,lot's can be done, the quiet way!

Pointing fingers.... asking questions, wont get the road cleaned! :o

Samuian well said , I'm up for that if you or anybody else organise it ,positive action for a change

Come on Mattias, i think you've been here long enough to know about Thai's & reasponsibility, there is none..
The Road is supposed to be maintained Mattias, yeah you're right & no one is disagreeing with you

Msingh, can you please read your previous postings before you do new ones? It would help you to stop doing these "stupid statements" even in your native tongue.

Again, can't see a " stupid statement " from myself which is surely classed as " Flaming " anyway, it's only my opinion on what you should do anyway & to have my opinion classed as " stupid " on 3 occasions now is out of order... :o

Thankfully you've seemed to accept option 3 ) though that i gave you... :D

That goes without saying. If you considered it stupid you would not post it. :D .

Not sure i got all your options right, and follow them. But if you ever came up with the idea to call tessaban, i guess i have to thank you.

Your oppinion on what i should do when i asked for a little help on where to go and who to talk to, is to go out there and sweep as much as i can and stop spending time posting about it. That was your "oppinion".

As you say, flaming is not aloud so i wont grade your oppinion, but i think you see yourself how pointless your contribution in this thread have been. And if you don´t see it, continue it, feel free to make similar posts everyday, like i said earlier this thread lost it´s point long time ago and quite frankly i will probably not read it anymore anyway. It´s yours....

No it wasn't, it was my " opinion "...:D

& yes, you graded my opinion 3 times by calling it " stupid ", stop back tracking Mattias..

& thanks for advising me that i can feel free to Post on this thread, that really means a lot to me ( Wannabee Mod alert )..

We have a word for people like you where i come from & it is something that a Male Chicken is also called at times..

Extension to Option number 3 ) Bore off, stop writing on this Forum for 2 mins & go & do something about instead of writing about it which is NEVER going to acheive anything..

Well after all, how about some voluntary community work and simply get some people from the community and have a "Ghost Road cleaning event" every 14 days, monthly or whenever is needed?

At least it will ring some bells in the neighborhood, eventually the pu yai ban may hear about it, it may go all the way to the nai amphoe or to tessaban,lot's can be done, the quiet way!

Samuian well said , I'm up for that if you or anybody else organise it ,positive action for a change

matthias33!

Here you go!

The first genuine positive response!

As we all have to learn some self-responsibility out here especially and take certain things into our own hands, like environmental issues, as beach or road cleaning ...

Here you go matthias, create an event and I am in too - even I do not live in the area!

Why the f is it what " Us Guys " can offer, what have " Us Guys " got to do with anything & how can " We " make a difference ???

Activism isn't rocket science. Farang seem to be able to push a marina idea, or generate awareness and conduct a fundraiser for the injured women from the Bangrak 7-11 accident, I'm sure a well motivated farang with access to funds and Thai friends could bring this issue to the forefront. Sh*t gets ignored by the powers that be because they know no one cares enough to do anything about it (insert my pet peeve phrase "it's like this all over the world"). Find out who the family is of the killed girl and pay for a BKK lawyer to consult them on sueing the tesseban or whatever. That'll get someone's attention. Have DANGER signs posted along the road in Thai/English to at least bring it to people's attention ("oh,everyone already knows..." - sorry, they don't), go over the local gov't and pay/bribe the crew that is supposed to do the job in the first place to do their job. If you don't have the cash, get local biz to donate something (food, drink, bar fines). Start doing stuff like this an it will make the press both Thai and Samuiexpress and Samuinews (copyright pending). But to just get high saying mai pen rai is lazy and moronic. Which unfortunately describes [rest of post deleted as inflammatory]

Edited by koheesti

Activism isn't rocket science. Farang seem to be able to push a marina idea, or generate awareness and conduct a fundraiser for the injured women from the Bangrak 7-11 accident, I'm sure a well motivated anybody could bring this issue to the forefront. ..................edit.... get local biz to donate something (food, drink, bar fines). Start doing stuff like this an it will make the press both Thai and Samuiexpress and Samuinews

Samui Channel, Rotary, Samui Culinary ....., Samui Sisters.. there many out there to raise awareness!

matthias!

Edited by Samuian

matthias33!

Here you go!

The first genuine positive response!

As we all have to learn some self-responsibility out here especially and take certain things into our own hands, like environmental issues, as beach or road cleaning ...

Here you go matthias, create an event and I am in too - even I do not live in the area!

This is all good, and 1600 baht shared buy all of us living along this road comes up to only a few baht each for almost dayily service. However, all crative farangs, this is already paid for in roadtax and i think i will start with the guy in tessaban and see what he says first. He seemed to take it seriously on the phone so hope is still there.

To Msigh: I actually don´t have to start a new thread due to the tessaban call. It is probably the most on topic post in this thread since you found it.

Tdays heavy rain created sand in other spots of the road. Not the same one. Still dangerous though.

Thx for the contributions, i will have another talk with tessaban in a week (on their on request) and describe the problem. From what i understood it is already planned to put in a machine twice a week to sweep the roads, but it just take some time. They have many new things on their table from wht i understand. (due to upgraded citystatus maybe?I don´t know) .

Extension to Option number 3 ) Bore off, stop writing on this Forum for 2 mins & go & do something about instead of writing about it which is NEVER going to acheive anything..

I don´t know if you have a serious reading-dissabillity or if you are just this stupid? :o

I am doing something, but i am not sweaping. The posting has just been for advise. If you start by reading the opening post you will maybe find out why your comments been contributing zero.

Early on i got the advise that tessaban is the one to call. I´ve been doing that during this whole posting session with you. And from the looks of it, maybe achived something.

What your motivation and achivement in this is i have a hard time seing, but as long as you feel happy with yourself, it´s ok for me.

Mattias,

Have you thought for the time being of erecting some sort of warning sign? I know not many might read it, but it could help.

No i have not. But it might be a good idea to put a warning sign there. Let´s see tomorrow after all this rain how it looks. Might not even be drive-able with a bike.

Let me just ad that i don´t work for the tessaban so please don´t give me personally more suggestions of jobs i can do. I´m just the poor message-carrier that accidently happened to see one of these accidents and put the thread up as a warning sign for falangs and im going to finalise my started conversation with the tessaban. And i will suggest they put up a warning sign in thai that the sand quickly build up on the road during rain. I agree with you rooo that probably no one will read it but it still wouldn´t hurt. After this my engagement in this is over, but i am also willing to contribute in anything that anybody organize. Some ideas came up in this thread already and im in on anything.

I don´t know if you have a serious reading-dissabillity or if you are just this stupid? :o

I am doing something, but i am not sweaping. The posting has just been for advise. If you start by reading the opening post you will maybe find out why your comments been contributing zero.

Early on i got the advise that tessaban is the one to call. I´ve been doing that during this whole posting session with you. And from the looks of it, maybe achived something.

What your motivation and achivement in this is i have a hard time seing, but as long as you feel happy with yourself, it´s ok for me.

So that's three times you've said i've made stupid statements & now you're asking me if i'm stupid, excellent Mattias, give yourself a pat on the back..

& that was because i gave you my personal advice to actually do something about it instead of just writing about it, nice..

& with regards with the bold part, i think you're telling Porky Pies juts to make yourself look as if you're not just posting on the Forum & actually doing something..:D

So that's three times you've said i've made stupid statements & now you're asking me if i'm stupid, excellent Mattias, give yourself a pat on the back..

& that was because i gave you my personal advice to actually do something about it instead of just writing about it, nice..

& with regards with the bold part, i think you're telling Porky Pies juts to make yourself look as if you're not just posting on the Forum & actually doing something.. :D

Look, msingh, i´m not gonna go any further in this with you. Somehowe you think that just because i fet this sand on the road was something i wanted to tell people about, and warn others after seing injured people, and hearing about a dead person, that i am a very bad person if i "just post about it" and don´t go out there sweaping it of. Makes zero sence to me. This is a forum. Are we not suppose to share things we see and warn of dangers we see out there?

So, so sorry if i stepped on a foot or made you feel bad about this. Im a bad, bad person to start this thread. Diserves all attachs i can get from you.

About porky pies and "me just posting about it" i can say to you that YOU been the one posting VERY much about this telling ME what i should do. What did YOU do except posting?

To answer the comment you said about there being a name for people like me in your homecountry, i can say there is a name for people like you in the whole wolrd: Teenager.

Grow up.

Are you guys missing the point in this?

There should be a ruling/law that secondary roads have to be concrete and can't be 'sandy', since that is what disposes the sand on the road. This shouldn't be a community problem but a land/road owner problem.

Probably everywhere else in the world the road owner would be responsible, but Thalilnd and definately Samui don't seem to count themselves under 'rest of the world'.

It's a common problem all over the island and it's time that Samuians wake up and understand that road safety is important to their community, for themselves and their own off spring as much as anybody else.

It has been pointed out already though, TIT and such, but maybe with the new Tessabaan status and a new mayor their may be opportunities to change things.

BTW in Plai Laem the Puu Yai Baan send clean up troups out to clean up sand spills like that, we have exactly the same problem with one of our neighbours.

Matthias,

good intention and I wish you good luck!

But dont be too much upset if after 30 useless calls and 5 missed appointments the Tessaban will still not have done nothing. I think they just give a sh*t if farangs are demanding some action, like: "Oh, sand on the road? Why you not take care when you drive?"

Matthias,

good intention and I wish you good luck!

But dont be too much upset if after 30 useless calls and 5 missed appointments the Tessaban will still not have done nothing. I think they just give a sh*t if farangs are demanding some action, like: "Oh, sand on the road? Why you not take care when you drive?"

Claude, i´m sad to say that you are probably right. However, you can´t blame a guy for trying. I woke the question up, they promised us that some resonsible guy that was now in Bangkok gonna call us in a week. They seemed very interrested in information, and if that call ever happens (so far nothing offcourse) i´m happy to give my view of this.

Probably, most lightly nothing ever comes out of this whole thing. It is also possible i over-reacted seing the two injured girls just days after i heard about the dead one. Got me a bit crazy for some days thinking "i gonna tell this people how things should work". I know i offcourse can not make this change, but that was a spontanious reaction and i went in way over my head.

Anyway, i dont see any harm done by letting them know and getting the discussion going here on the forum. Maybe some off the newschanels take it over and further, i am however done. For this time.