Looking For A New Phone

mac.wheeler

The missus managed to break her fourth phone this year a few days ago, so I gave her my trusty Nokia 3110C that I use as my spare phone/EDGE modem.

My main phone, an HTC TYTN is getting a little tired (to say the least) so I am thinking about retiring that also.

One thing I noticed was the fact that I would pick up the 3110 more often than the HTC when leaving the apartment, it was just so simple to use, it was smaller and due to it's low cost I was never worried about losing it.

So I have decided to retire my HTC and buy a replacement for the 3110C to use as my main phone, the 3110C has been great in all departments except one, the camera is truly awful.

So... I'm looking for a good cheap(ish) phone, with EDGE, Bluetooth and a decent camera.

Any suggestions?

I made a BIG mistake in buying a samsung recently..about Baht9000, firstly I could not link to the PC.

After many searches found a samsung version sw, that could do it..after a fashion.

Tried to update the CD sw on samsung website, there were over 600 items of update, but it always gave up half way thro'

So..at last I was connected to my PC, so now to use it, the touch screen is so sensitive/insensitive it was a nightmare to navigate.

Add to this that nothing could be seen in daylight, which made the camera/video useless.

I actually gave it away, I would have thrown it away otherwise.

I went to the place I bought it,Jaymart, not to complain as I know that's hopeless, just to advise the salesgirls that the sw (CD) was unuseable, for their info, they were not a bit interested.

So after I did a search, I saw that it was complaints,complaints, complaints and lack of responses.

I'm back to a Baht1000 Nokia.

Edited by desertrat

My wife loves her Nokia 6500 Slider, especially the camera. Auto focus and 3.2 MP.

I have been looking for some time now and have read nothing but good reviews for the Nokia 6500 Slide. My staff are now arranging for a new 6500 GPRS, I believe it will cost between 9,000-10,000.