Status And Financial Relationship In Thailand

drronnie

globalj: I am doing just that at the moment (15k) due to starting at the bottom of a new career ladder.

I do OK thanks to my wife bringing in a decent income.

Good for you lad, should be more of it!

I like a woman that has her own income. There is less friction in the relationship when she goes out and buys stuff that I consider un-necessary for a satisfying life. You don't have to spend $300 on shoes, or $700 on an evening dress.....it's just superfluous clap trap!

Give me a girl dressed in T-shirt, cute shorts and flip flops anyday! :o

Edited by BSJ

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often mull over threads after I go off-line, and I was thinking about this thread last night at dinner. This observation is sort of related, so I will throw it out there.

My Thai friends range from wealthy to extremely wealthy to extremely wealthy and powerful. That is just the way it has shaken out. We generally get together on Wednesdays to eat and discuss whatever. But it would be pretty hard for any Thai to meet with them and not know their status.

I, on the other hand, am not wealthy. I have been once, and I have the potential for a pretty rosy future, but right now, I am just "well off."

Over the years, I have taken maybe 4 or 5 women to this dinner or to other get-togethers. Surrounded by all this wealth, not one woman has expressed much an interest in them or their money. No questions, nothing. Comments to me later have ranged from one of them being real funny to two of them being so nice and polite.

None of these women really expressed much of an interest in my financial status at any time, either. I can only conjecture that for these 4 or 5 women, at least, finances were not of a paramount interest. You would think that if all women were as money-grubbing as some posting here would lead us to believe, then at least some would have had at least some interest in my friends, especially as one of them has a history of supporting a large number of women without any expectation of "favors."

My gut feeling is that the women who date me for any length of time initially determine that I have adequate finances to support any future relationship. After that, financial considerations fade and other things become much more important.

I often mull over threads after I go off-line, and I was thinking about this thread last night at dinner. This observation is sort of related, so I will throw it out there.

My Thai friends range from wealthy to extremely wealthy to extremely wealthy and powerful. That is just the way it has shaken out. We generally get together on Wednesdays to eat and discuss whatever. But it would be pretty hard for any Thai to meet with them and not know their status.

I, on the other hand, am not wealthy. I have been once, and I have the potential for a pretty rosy future, but right now, I am just "well off."

Over the years, I have taken maybe 4 or 5 women to this dinner or to other get-togethers. Surrounded by all this wealth, not one woman has expressed much an interest in them or their money. No questions, nothing. Comments to me later have ranged from one of them being real funny to two of them being so nice and polite.

None of these women really expressed much of an interest in my financial status at any time, either. I can only conjecture that for these 4 or 5 women, at least, finances were not of a paramount interest. You would think that if all women were as money-grubbing as some posting here would lead us to believe, then at least some would have had at least some interest in my friends, especially as one of them has a history of supporting a large number of women without any expectation of "favors."

My gut feeling is that the women who date me for any length of time initially determine that I have adequate finances to support any future relationship. After that, financial considerations fade and other things become much more important.

most women are subtle and secretive on a level that most men are total unaware of, if they want it that

way.

thats not saying you've got it wrong but it could be that you have.

coz they have more sense of humor, and nothing in any sexual in nature

i can have a laugh with ugly girls too :o

Edited by 0Mix1up

Just for U all farang men here.....

What else do U bring into the marriage,....... beside MONEY,

due to the fact that many of U here are............. multiple divorcees, left over goods, or/not a virgin either :o

I could go into a lot. Some of what I bring can be found aplenty amongst Thai men, and some of it is a little rarer here, probably for cultural reasons. Suffice it to say that I bring quite a bit into a relationship which meets the desires and expectations of some women, Thai or farang. For the women who want something different, and there are certainly many of them, well they can find that elsewhere.

Just for U all farang men here.....What else do U bring into the marriage,....... beside MONEY :o

I bring understanding, friendship, respect, trust and

unconditional love.

She knows I care about her more than anyone

on this planet.

Her happiness is one of the

most important things to me.

I try to help her become a better person and

try to learn from her as well.

I listen to her, we help each other to understand

and communicate better.

Most arguments are based on missunderstandings.

We overcome obstacles together.

I try to keep us as healthy and happy as I can.

Having fun together is very important too.

We share ideas and fulfill our dreams together.

Whatever we want, we try to get it.

Whatever we want to do, we try to do it.

People obsessed with money are such hopeless boring people.

If someone talks too much about money I say:"excuse me

I must go"

word the f up, my man.

it is funny how many people post stuff about judging thai ladies when in fact they are only exhibiting universal human behavior also found in farang ladies.

And your point is?

What woman anywhere in the world wouldnt consider the financial security and status of her proposed spouse? It's got nothing to do with being Thai, and everything to do with being human.