Gbp Transfer

A friend in the UK will be transfering 21k GBP to me here in Thailand within the next few hours. Over the last number of months the GBP has nose dived against the Baht. :o In the past I always had had GBP transfered and converted to Baht here which seemed to best option. Would I be right in saying that now it's actually better to send Thai Baht from UK instead?

Thanks for your help.

I would say that you would still get a better deal here in Thailand as always..but 21k is gonna really really hit hard with the piss poor rate now....woul dit not be better to just get the money over in bits until it goes back up..even a 5 or 6 baht increase is gonna make a lot of differnece ton that money!!

I would say that you would still get a better deal here in Thailand as always..but 21k is gonna really really hit hard with the piss poor rate now....woul dit not be better to just get the money over in bits until it goes back up..even a 5 or 6 baht increase is gonna make a lot of differnece ton that money!!

Unfortunately 2008 the cash has to be here by the end of the month to meet contractual obligations so no way around it. Guess I'll just call him now and let him know todays rate at Bangkok Bank for transfer and he can check Uk rate before transfer.

Thanks for your help.