Increased Security Theat In Pattaya? Is That The Reason

syd barrett

The Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Mall on Pattaya second road has over the last few weeks been erecting a large steel structure to the entrance and exit on the second road side. I expect that this is some sort of security measure. Does anybody know more. I tried to ask a security guard, but he could not speak English and ran away all embarrassed.

The Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Mall on Pattaya second road has over the last few weeks been erecting a large steel structure to the entrance and exit on the second road side. I expect that this is some sort of security measure.
Hi,

I was said they want make a new full glass facade and extend the air-con area along the walking passage from RG to 2nd Road...

Sure it's RG putting it up and not Marriott? They've always had some considerable security there.

Not so sure about that, as what i find extraordinary is when i ride my motorbike in to the car-park from the beach road entrance the security stop and check under the seat for anything suspicious, but when i ride in from the 2nd road entrance, no stop and no check just ride straight in, now thats what i call security Thai style!

Those security guys at the Royal Garden Plaza are an absolute joke. They routinely allow

mentally unstable homeless Thais to sleep and bathe in various areas of the plaza. The con

-men out back, literally on the doorstep on the beach side are still, years later, accosting

folks with their boy scouts of Thailand scam, it's shameful. The other day 8-10 of the jet-ski

scumbags were roughing-up a tourist I guess in the usual you pay for damage scam right

at the entrance to the underground car park. None of the security team offered assistance.

What's the point of paying these guys if they can't do their jobs. Window dressing only.