Kata Night-life, Or..........

Sir Burr

How about some directions then ?? A google earth KMZ or Google maps placemarker even..

I have been to all the booze supply ones out here on the west side with no luck... Best Tequila I have found was some in the deli..

Best irish whisky was sadly Jamesons.. Looking forward to a drop of Powers now.. So where do I go ???

You may have noticed tho we were mentioning a bar not having the good stuff, hence bringing your own.. I still dont know of many Thai bars that stock a wide range of quality bottles.

You could try Prom Pan, they have a good selection of spirits. It is a little shop on Chao Fa West.

Turn right on to Chao Fa West at the Central Festival junction. Go straight through the next set of traffic lights and Prom Pan is a few hundred meters ahead on the right hand side.

<br />Incidentally you can bring your own bottles into Ska bar but there is a small fine to pay think it is around 200 baht : )<br />

We would have been o.k. with that but it was not offered. The vodka they had there, my Russian friends wash their socks in. For a place that's suppose to be "cool", they were not.

Incidentally you can bring your own bottles into Ska bar but there is a small fine to pay think it is around 200 baht : )

Thai for "corkage": ค่าบริการในการเสิร์ฟไวน์

ค่าบริการ... kâa bor-rí-gaan ---- service charge ; service fees

ใน............. nai ------------------- in ; of

การ............ gaan ---------------- task ; work ; job

ไวน์........... wai ------------------- wine

http://www.thai2english.com/search/%A4%E8%...%BF%E4%C7%B9%EC

<br />Incidentally you can bring your own bottles into Ska bar but there is a small fine to pay think it is around 200 baht : )<br />

We would have been o.k. with that but it was not offered. The vodka they had there, my Russian friends wash their socks in. For a place that's suppose to be "cool", they were not.

That was probably your russo-touristo friends' idea of bringing own booze into a bar (like they do stocking up in airport duty-frees and then whole aircraft have to live with their "fun" 10+ long hours). Gosh, you do have wrong "friends" then.

And by the way, it was very naive to find any good vodka in LoS street bars. Ok for mixes but awful for a proper stuff.

Sorry, no offense but just dry knowledge.

Incidentally you can bring your own bottles into Ska bar but there is a small fine to pay think it is around 200 baht : )

I have found it common practice throughout Thailand (for many many years I might add) to take your own bottle into bars, pay a "fine" and be supplied with water and Ice. The ice and coke are where they make the money anyway as most club whiskey is sold cheaply.

Its also common to mark up an unfinished bottle and leave it on the shelf until you go back next day/week etc.

Most of the places that don't allow this seem to be falang owned beer bars.

More informally, and what I've heard used, is ค่าเปิดขวด (bottle-opening charge). Agree with grandpops, it's fairly common practice, with a charge of a couple of hundred baht.