Laluna Hotel

bassmaster50

I have had some people stay there and the rooms are very ok for the price. Nice bathroom, not so much decorations on the walls in the room but in the modern style modesty it was enough.

The swimming pool is nice with a small one for children. The breakfast is ok, a bit sloppy western/thai style but hey, why complain? The staff is friendly and the hotel garden is nice. When they stayed there it was a very good buy but I don't know how their prices are at the moment.

I would recommend and already have to another friend coming here next month with wife and two kids.

I've had two lots of friends stay at the Laluna and both lots have been quite satisfied with the hotel and service. It's about 1 km from the town centre, and the recreational area at the Old Airport runway is very near, as is a good 9 hole golf course.

i stayed there about 18 months ago when they were still building the new building in front. it's very pretty, and the swimming pool is great. the rooms are big and clean and the bathrooms are huge. my problem with it is that the room has one big window that looks out onto the path outside, so there's no way to have light and privacy at the same time. whoever designed the layouts was simply not thinking about how to give a feeling of privacy.

the service was good enough, but it's not walkable to the night bazaar or center of town, so if you dont have a motorbike, you have to rely on tuktuks or whoever the front desk calls for you. the breakfast was pretty pathetic.

i wouldn't stay there again, but that's because i prefer funkier. for someone who's choosing between laluna and wiang inn or one of those places, laluna has a much prettier environment and a lovely pool.

stayed there a few times too.

plusses are:

big rooms

tons of trees, flowers, greenery. really natural setting.

excellent pool.

spacious and just outside city center enuf for peace and quiet, but close enuf to attractions.

and last i was there a year or so ago it was only about 1200 or 1400 baht.

dont know if its gone up tho.

Three Relatives of mine stayed there a year or so ago. I found the hotel on the 'net and booked rooms for them. They were very happy with the place. Their only complaint was that the beds were too hard.

It's a lovely quiet place with bungalows set inside a lovely garden with very friendly staff eager to help if asked. Large swimming pool, plus great breakfast buffet with ample Thai and Western selection.

Try the ice coffee's.......

Hi, just thought I would add an update on the Laluna Hotel, have just stayed there for three nights, discount rates through Agoda website. Yes, gardens are beautiful, rooms clean, and they have a tint on the windows for privacy. Staff very friendly.  Breakfast, buffet Thai and Western food was adequate. Nice pool.  Internet 50 baht per hour, only one working when I was there.  They dont allow food/drinks/snacks to be taken into the rooms, and do not provide tea or coffee facilities in the room, but if you want to buy your own tea/coffee they will provide cups and a thermos of hot water!  The restaurant on site provides tea/coffee food 24 hours so I guess the food rule is to encourage customers to eat there instead.  They had a happy hour on in the afternoon for drinks, this was popular with guests.  I only ate at the restaurant the first night and wasnt really impressed with the northern Thai curry, the meat was really tough and quite frankly unchewable.  They have a tour desk you can book tours onsite (possibly cheaper in town, but I found the convenience and flexibility with itinerary worthwhile when only staying a few days).  

I booked a one day private tour with them that included Doi Tung, Maesai, Golden Triangle (including time for a visa run and some shopping). The guide actually came across the border with me and the visa run went very smoothly and took the edge off my nerves.  He spoke good english and was professional. I booked a half day with him as well and visited white temple, black houses etc. 

The hotel didnt have transport into town, but if you ask at reception they will ring a tuk tuk or car to take you into town.  Alternatively, 15 to 20 mins walk to night bazaar and bus station.

The hotel is less than ten minute walk to the old Airforce golf club and driving range, can hire clubs there and a special of three trays of balls for 100 bht between 10.00 and 3.00pm.  My only advice here is to go early as you as you face the afternoon sun and its quite strong.  When a family of bullocks casually wandered onto the driving range I definately knew I was in the countryside! The owner was very welcoming and gave me a few pro tips which was appreciated.

All in all, I would stay at the Laluna hotel again on my next visit and make it a longer stay!!!!!