Dead Bodies Found Last Wed. & Thurs. On Hang Dong Road

ThePyawkt

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the dead bodies found on Hang Dong Road (on the Samoeng side), last week, Wed. and Thurs.? This was literally only a few meters from the apartment where I stay, but I have not been able to get any information about it. My kids and I play in the river where the dump occured, almost every day.

It was clearly a dump, with the actual murder happening probably in town, but I would like to know what else was found out...

I've tried asking some of the locals, but I just get wild speculation and rumor, that often defies all logic - as with most topics....

Any info would be great, thanks!

My wife just asked me to bring up a photo off my computer of an old girlfriend of hers. Asked what it was about and she said she saw on the front page of Thai Rath last weekend a picture of a girl killed and dumped in the area you are referring to. My wife hadn't seen her for a few years but says she is pretty sure it was her. Another reason why, besides the appearance, was she was also a Karoke singer. Can't find it on the Thai Rath website, appear you have to be a member to see past issues.

Will check it out some more. Also, can't find anything in the English local rags.

This may be the one you are referring to. She was found on the 15th (Wednesday) in the area you mention. It's in Thai so if not up to it get the GF/TW to read it. Chiangmai News. My wife doesn't think it is her friend now due to the ID card registered in a different province then her. But looks a lot like her.

This may be the one you are referring to. She was found on the 15th (Wednesday) in the area you mention. It's in Thai so if not up to it get the GF/TW to read it. Chiangmai News. My wife doesn't think it is her friend now due to the ID card registered in a different province then her. But looks a lot like her.

YES! This is the lady they found on Wednesday near my house. Any leads on the guy they found the following day, Thursday, at the same place?

I think it is more than mere cooincidence they would dump two bodies, two days in a row, at the EXACT same location.... But this may escape the suspicions of the Thai Police.... :o

Wow, this has all the makings of another Sherry (surname??) case that happened in BKK many years ago.

The girl is apparently half Thai, half Danish (from Samut Prakarn) and worked in a Karaoke bar.

Apparently had boyfriends/clients who were Japanese, Thai lawyers and some well placed persons in Chiang Mai.

Wow, this has all the makings of another Sherry (surname??) case that happened in BKK many years ago.

The girl is apparently half Thai, half Danish (from Samut Prakarn) and worked in a Karaoke bar.

Apparently had boyfriends/clients who were Japanese, Thai lawyers and some well placed persons in Chiang Mai.

Yes, that is what my family read to me from the Chiangmai News link that Tywais put up. Amazing! I wonder if the article will be updated as they find out more (I know, hard to say that with a straight face...). And now for John Doe the following day.....?

Edited by ThePyawkt

Tragic, in so many ways.

I wonder how CM compares to european cities.

Dundee in Scotland (as a place my family came from) has the same official population stats as CM - looking on the web i find

NON-SEXUAL CRIMES OF VIOLENCE 27.2 per year. but doesnt break that down into homicides.

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/police-cri...s/l/dundee.html

however i did find the statistics for WOMEN charged with homocide: http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business...a-06/wa0830.htm

about 7 a year. I guess you can assume there will be more men, but i cant find the figures.

I wonder how many CM has a year?

Edited by UKWEBPRO

YES! This is the lady they found on Wednesday near my house. Any leads on the guy they found the following day, Thursday, at the same place?

I think it is more than mere cooincidence they would dump two bodies, two days in a row, at the EXACT same location.... But this may escape the suspicions of the Thai Police.... :o

But why would multiple suicides, in the same place, be thought to be suspicious ? :D

A news update on this. Appears the girl's old boy friend was responsible for this plus the police are looking for two more men they think were involved. He stole her motorcycle and all the jewelry (gold) she was wearing and then dumped the body. There is no news about a 2nd (male) body in that area. My wife thinks that one is rumors.

Chiangmainew update

A news update on this. Appears the girl's old boy friend was responsible for this plus the police are looking for two more men they think were involved. He stole her motorcycle and all the jewelry (gold) she was wearing and then dumped the body. There is no news about a 2nd (male) body in that area. My wife thinks that one is rumors.

Chiangmainew update

no, that one is not rumors, it's true - my neighbor saw both bodies retrieved; the girl's on Wednesday, the man's on Thursday... I really wonder why we are not hearing anything about him...

Tragic, in so many ways.

I wonder how CM compares to european cities.

Dundee in Scotland (as a place my family came from) has the same official population stats as CM - looking on the web i find

NON-SEXUAL CRIMES OF VIOLENCE 27.2 per year. but doesnt break that down into homicides.

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/police-cri...s/l/dundee.html

however i did find the statistics for WOMEN charged with homocide: http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business...a-06/wa0830.htm

about 7 a year. I guess you can assume there will be more men, but i cant find the figures.

I wonder how many CM has a year?

I think the local demographics might be a bit different....

Chiangmainew update

no, that one is not rumors, it's true - my neighbor saw both bodies retrieved; the girl's on Wednesday, the man's on Thursday... I really wonder why we are not hearing anything about him...

The police are very good with dead bodies because they not only retrieve them but most are created by them as well. Maybe the local press knows when to keep mum.