Smc Wireless Router Password

KohKarrang

Silly me, I was sureI'd never forget that 8 digit password for my router, what now?

When I bought it the guy in the shop asked me if I was going to be using it with an existing modem or if I was going to configure it to use it alone and when I told him I'd be using it alongside my sppedtouch modem he asked me to select a password, I did that, he configured it for me and I was on my way, I got home and plugged it in and after some fiddling I was online, however, I'm looking to format my laptop but I can't remember the router pw! and I'm worried about being offline for ages which I usually am after formats for reasons like this one, any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

KK

Silly me, I was sureI'd never forget that 8 digit password for my router, what now?

When I bought it the guy in the shop asked me if I was going to be using it with an existing modem or if I was going to configure it to use it alone and when I told him I'd be using it alongside my sppedtouch modem he asked me to select a password, I did that, he configured it for me and I was on my way, I got home and plugged it in and after some fiddling I was online, however, I'm looking to format my laptop but I can't remember the router pw! and I'm worried about being offline for ages which I usually am after formats for reasons like this one, any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

KK

If you press the reset button for 10 seconds it will return ALL settings including the password to its factory settings.

From memory SMC uses "admin" as user name and password.

Just be warned that you will have set up the router again.

Cheers

hi,

settings are stored in the routeur, so you can format your laptop without no trouble and no need to modify the routeur config.

But surely when I format my pc and create a new network connection I'll be prompted for the password for my wireless connection?