Warhammer Help Plz

Sakeopete

I got a copy today and installed it with no problems. I created account and it is LIVE, however after it patched itself I try to login and get the wrong user name or password message. It quickly goes to the patch 100% complete then back to login box. I have tried a dozen times and even though they work on the account website I can't log into the game. Anyone experience this?

I'm not really sure what to suggest... its not uncommon to get the Authentication Error but i've only ever experienced this on the character selection screen and never at the main login prompt. The only thing i can suggest is to double check the Account details on the main site's account management section, ensure the CD-Key is correctly entered.

Also, check the main forums and see if anyone else has similar problems, the user comminity is usually the first place i stop for advice

I do remember having a problem during the open-beta/preview weekend which sounds similar to your problem, the patcher would reject my username immediately, it turned out i needed to enter all three of my codes (one for open-beta, one for pre-order and the main game account) before it recognised me and let me log in.

If all else fails contact their customer/technical support team and get them to help - i know its frustrating but once you get in game it will all be forgotten :o

I had a similar issue before too.

I fixed my problems by making sure that all unnecessary processes were not running in the background (ending them manually in Task Manager and/or rebooting the system). Basically what you are doing here is making sure that there are no other instances of this game already running. This worked for me.

I have also heard of a variety of problems than can be fixed by making sure that you are running this as application an Administrator. (select the option in the context menu by right clicking on the shortcut icon)

Also (and this maybe too simplified) dont click play too early. My patcher goes to 100% very quickly too, but when I wait a while it will then begin patching. Click play when you can actually see the patch notes and links to support forums etc.

If this doesn't help the best support forums I have found to check on issues like this (as there are no official ones) is probably warhammeralliance.com (at least thats the one I prefer). Or raise a ticket on the warhammeronline.com support page.

Good luck with it, stick with it, its worth it, and see you in game soon.

Edited by quiksilva