Sprinter Train Service

Spee

Hi All,

Am thinking about taking the Sprinter Train from Bkk to Phitsanulok soon. Seems like a better deal with more convenient times that the airline service.

Any pro's or con's on the train service? Seems like the cost and available times are very reasonable. My main concerns are comfort and running on schedule.

Also, does this line run through Mor Chit or Don Mueang? Or do I have to catch it at one of the other Bkk main stations?

TIA ...

I prefer the train over any other mode of transport!

Its economical, you can stretch your legs, kick back with a beer, take in the scenery as it rolls by and have a smoke on the train.

All BKK Phitsanulok (Chiang Mai) trains stop at Don Meuang.

Theres a train which leaves Hualamphing at 0830 (Don Meuang at approx 0915) arriving in Phitsanulok at 13:55 and one about an hour later which arrives at 3PM.

Enjoy Phitsanulok! Its a nice town.

I prefer the train over any other mode of transport!

Its economical, you can stretch your legs, kick back with a beer, take in the scenery as it rolls by and have a smoke on the train.

All BKK Phitsanulok (Chiang Mai) trains stop at Don Meuang.

Theres a train which leaves Hualamphing at 0830 (Don Meuang at approx 0915) arriving in Phitsanulok at 13:55 and one about an hour later which arrives at 3PM.

Enjoy Phitsanulok! Its a nice town.

Thanks for the info Prof ...

Was hoping I could pick up the train near the airport. That is easier for me.

Phitsanulok is just my pick-up point, where my fiancee's brother will meet me. We're actually headed a bit south of there.

Hi All,

Am thinking about taking the Sprinter Train from Bkk to Phitsanulok soon. Seems like a better deal with more convenient times that the airline service.

Any pro's or con's on the train service? Seems like the cost and available times are very reasonable. My main concerns are comfort and running on schedule.

Also, does this line run through Mor Chit or Don Mueang? Or do I have to catch it at one of the other Bkk main stations?

TIA ...

It is 2x2 aircraft type seating in a railcar and quite comfortable. I have not used recently but food used to be microwave type fish/rice and not to my taste but may have improved. It is express type service so not much time to buy local at stations - no buying out of the windows as it is all air-conditioned.

The 9.30am train arrives at about 2.50pm. It's usually a good train. Not much room for luggage though, as it's all stored above your head in the overhead racks.

Normally (whatever that means) it is freezing cold on that train. I end up rugged in a fleece and thick explorer socks.

Try to not get a seat close to the bathroom as it normally stinks by the end of the trip.