Choice Of Visa To Work Als Diving Instructor

I'm momentarly living in Belgium / Europe .

After ubtaining the course at coh Samui to become an openwater scuba instructor i would like to work in Thailand aswell.

I would like to now what kind of visa i need to stay as long as i want.

By the way, could you theoreticly do i visa run each time and this for years to come ?

I you now some divers around they can fill in this question, i would be verry pleased.

kind regards

I'm momentarly living in Belgium / Europe .

After ubtaining the course at coh Samui to become an openwater scuba instructor i would like to work in Thailand aswell.

I would like to now what kind of visa i need to stay as long as i want.

By the way, could you theoreticly do i visa run each time and this for years to come ?

I you now some divers around they can fill in this question, i would be verry pleased.

Not sure if you have done the IDC yet. If not then you can do your IDC on a tourist visa.

However, once you start to teach diving you will need a work permit and for this you need a non immigrant B visa, better you get one to start.

Find an Honourary Consulate, like Hull in the UK that can issue you a one year multiple entry non immigrant B visa just on the basis of an invitation letter (maybe from the dive school where you plan to do your IDC).

If you are on a non immigrant B visa with a work permit, then you can do 90 day border runs and 15 month visa runs indefinitely, providing you can produce the right paperwork from your employer..

• 2 months later...

I agree entirely with digitalchromakey.

However, for the work permit, it is very unlikely the dive centre you find work at will provide this. Almost all dive instructors in Phuket provide their own work permits. You will need to set up your own Thai LTD company, or maybe a partnership and apply for your own work permit. The price for this varies and it's essential you employ a decent lawyer to do this and a good price. Some lawyers keep adding on extra charges for this and that, stuff like TAT license etc which you don't need if you'll be working for a dive centre, as they will have one.

I've had my company years and it cost B40k to set up incl the work permit, and took around two months. I know of a lawyer / accountant firm just outside Patong in Kathu who are very good. The will charge between B40k - B50k to set up the company for you and get your work permit, and amazingly they will do this in super quick time, usually in under two weeks from start to finish. I have hear of one friend where it took just 5 days. I forget the name of that lawyer but can find the name and address of you need me to. There fees are something like B4k per month, which is quite expensive. They have connections in KL also, so when it comes to renewing your Non-B after 15 months its almost guaranteed at the Thai embassy in KL. With my lawyer in Phuket Town, I pay in taxes a mere B740 per month. I wouldn't recommend my lawyer tho, unless you speak Thai.

Also, the money spent isn't wasted, should you decide to leave Thailand, you can sell your company for around B30k - B35k.

ALSO... If you want to do the IDC at a 5 star CDC centre in Phuket, i can get you a 20% discount on the IDC, including free accommodation and food for the duration of the IDC, and 15% off all PADI materials and equipment. The IDC is also a guaranteed pass.

I hope this helps

:o

Edited by js1

Yes apologies... "After ubtaining the course at coh Samui to become an openwater scuba instructor i would like to work in Thailand aswell"

I read it as that he hasn't yet signed up, rather that he is planning to do his IDC in Samui somewhere. I'd never try to poach customers who have signed up somewhere else. Apologies if my reply was taken in a different context.

Rgds