What's This, A Last Ditch Attempt To Soak Us!

jackr

I spent most of that rain in the pool, and the air was too cold for me to get out. Now mahk! Or at least then, it was fon tok mahk. In one more week, maybe Cold November Rain, which never lasts forever.

A farang cold in CM??? Heaven forbid you have been living here too long PB..... My Thai friends still look at me as if I'm 'bah' wearing shorts all year long....

Yepper it had been quit raining soon if we want to keep all those lanterns lit next month..... :o

Pooring down rain for 10 minutes, resulting in total fai dap plus no running water for hours and a dog freaking out of one big bang. :D:D:D

Holy moly WHERE'S MY PEACE!!!!!! :D

Anyway, my office is clean and rearranged again. :o

Funny how here at the tail end (woof woof) of the rainy season, we're getting pounded.

I got caught last night trying to locate Chai's House of Blues on Soi Wat Umong.

Locating this on a motorsai, wearing a full face helmet with a totally fogged up visor, at night, in a deluge....aw fuggedaboudit.

Ended up at Number 1, took 2 hours to dry out.....

Oxymoron (drying out at Number 1, that is) :o

Funny how here at the tail end (woof woof) of the rainy season, we're getting pounded.

I got caught last night trying to locate Chai's House of Blues on Soi Wat Umong.

Locating this on a motorsai, wearing a full face helmet with a totally fogged up visor, at night, in a deluge....aw fuggedaboudit.

Ended up at Number 1, took 2 hours to dry out.....

Oxymoron (drying out at Number 1, that is) :D

You really should stop wearing it back to front, McG :o

Really? Yellow rain?? Hmmmmmm

Perhaps evidence at last that there is g*d?

Or perhaps simply evidence that there is a d*g somewhere overhead?

So I guess g*d isn't a beared old man, just a d*g. :o

On a less funny note, is it normal for the power to go out when it rains heavily at night? Quite annoying to wake up half way through the night and realize the room is all hot and stuffy because the air conditioner's off again.

I spent most of that rain in the pool, and the air was too cold for me to get out. Now mahk! Or at least then, it was fon tok mahk. In one more week, maybe Cold November Rain, which never lasts forever.

Just to let you know it's been -1 degrees and snowing here in England this week. A quick dip in an outdoor pool here would most likely result in death.

Just to let you know it's been -1 degrees and snowing here in England this week. A quick dip in an outdoor pool here would most likely result in death.

Fantastic great to hear old blighty isnt the place to be!

I did the Pai--> CM road over the mountain in that rain, with overweight girlfriend on the back. - on my new unfamiliar bike! Piece of cake, dont know what the fuss is about.

The CM -> Maisai road is much more dangerous with speeding silver minibuses... god i hate seeing them in my rearview.

However i do have a cold, what with this chilly weather, 32°C brrrrr.... maybe its time for the fake Levis. I knew i bought them for a reason.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Fantastic great to hear old blighty isnt the place to be!

I did the Pai--> CM road over the mountain in that rain, with overweight girlfriend on the back. - on my new unfamiliar bike! Piece of cake, dont know what the fuss is about.

The CM -> Maisai road is much more dangerous with speeding silver minibuses... god i hate seeing them in my rearview.

However i do have a cold, what with this chilly weather, 32°C brrrrr.... maybe its time for the fake Levis. I knew i bought them for a reason.

The CM-Pai road is a piece of piss (even on a treader), as is the Pai-MHS bit. Who's been fussing? Try the back road to Pai - via Samoeng - if you like adventures. Totally different animal and a good laugh, although wouldn't be great in the rain unless it's now totally paved :o

jackr - sorry for off topic - is there a thread for CM bikers?

seem such a good idea to time a visa run with a whole load of others...

have you ever done the loop past the 'flight of the gibbon' up and over the mountains there.... great fun.

thanks.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

have you ever done the loop past the 'flight of the gibbon' up and over the mountains there.... great fun.

thanks.

Have a look at davidgtr's website (click here).

He's been here about 60 years and has published numerous books and maps aimed at motocycling in northern Thailand.

thanks.

If you mean east of town out past the village of Mae Kampong, over that impossible hill and then on towards Chae Son NP, then yep. Beautiful out there :o

The Pai route via Samoeng is around 200kms and goes right off the beaten track. If you're on the treader, there's a small village about halfway that has a temple where you could probably kip in, but best to be on a scrambler. Did it a couple or so years ago and about half of it was still unpaved.