Numpty Farangs With No Roadsense.

JimsKnight

Well just had a near miss with some complete numpty farang bird!

Coming along the moat road in Chiang Mai and notice two farangs on bicycles ambling along the right hand lane, they were in single file. So far so good. I, in the same lane, choosing to overtake as they are cyclists and obviously going a lot slower suddenly have the nightmare scenario of a 'pull-out'. She just oh-so-obliviously banks right, directly in my path. Making it even more damning is the fact she'd already checked behind her, seen me there, and then still did it anyway! Is she blind?

Before anyone slams me I was going less than 50 kph.

So the anchors slammed on, horn on full and she darts back with inches to spare. In the meantime the lead cyclist (her other half I expect) has gone into my way so I have to weave between the two to get out of it. I'm fuming at this point. She'd screwed up and she knew it. So I give her a good few curses for good measure. Not that she could hear me from a full-face helmet but there you go :o

So as I'm leaving the <deleted> couple behind he has the gall to start lambasting 'Hey Hey Hey' in some mediterranean accent (sounded Spanish).

He got the fingers and I've just got the whole episode off my chest on TV :D

So cyclists, if you are reading this. CHECK YOUR TAIL when switching lanes or turning! It's called a lifesaver check with good reason :D

I've nothing personal against cyclists (I ride bicycles back home) but out here in Thailand, in a big city there use is a bit more debatable, especially in the city centre.

Rant over boys.

Poor poor jim ... someone stole the space he was intending to use! Talk about a sense of entitlement! That's MY section of the road!

Yes people need to be aware but obviously the concept of right of way and good manners while driving a motorized vehicle escape some people!

Poor poor jim ... someone stole the space he was intending to use! Talk about a sense of entitlement! That's MY section of the road!

Yes people need to be aware but obviously the concept of right of way and good manners while driving a motorized vehicle escape some people!

Why do people make sigs and then disregard their own advice?

Why do people make sigs and then disregard their own advice?

I don't know why you quoted me for that ... since this isn't a political topic you must just mean your own sig :o

I personally would have punted her into the ditch with my car, rolled down my window & waved as I fled the scene.

This is Thailand after all & fleeing the scene is Der Rigeur…

Thank God you were able to swerve & avoid her & you missed colliding with any other legal road users.

This is why we wrap ourselves in 2 tons of steel.

AND YES A FULL FACE HELMET ON A BICYCLE IS GHEY!!! SUPER GHEY!!!!!

Participation OVER!!!!!!!

Edited by dotcom

Err, Dotcom, if you opened your eyes and bothered to read the original post properly, I think you'll find that Jim was on a motorcycle and that the numpty farang bird & partner were on pushbikes - hence his rant.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Hey Jim, what say we get together soon and see if we can run over some bicyclists and some dogs.?

Just kidding....

it is really a nice timing to bring up the topic of running over some dogs because one of these days, i'd probably do (not willingly of course).

four times since i started bringing the bike to work 2 weeks ago, a dog that hangs around the guard post walked towards that opening where i ride through (so that the guards don't have to raise the bar blocking the driveway entrance/exit) as i am about to go in. and as if he is intentionally targeting me, he would not move away. funny thing is, there are probably 3 dogs there and the one who is doing that is the same one everytime.

:o

Err, Dotcom, if you opened your eyes and bothered to read the original post properly, I think you'll find that Jim was on a motorcycle and that the numpty farang bird & partner were on pushbikes - hence his rant.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Anybody got a pommie slang dictionary handy? And he did not say he was on a motorcycle.

Numpty is another quaint English expression that rivals TOSSER OR PRAT!

Why didn't you just kick the naff <deleted> into the lake? They are not worthy of being treated as equals.

But be careful with animals, especially dogs. Don't want you being accused of taking food of someones table. Or is roadkill a delicacy?

And he did not say he was on a motorcycle.
What did you think he was on? On Segway? :o

Considering we're in the 'Bikes in Thailand' forum which is a part of the 'Thailand Motor Forum', and also the subject matter in the posts here which deal with a certain form of motorised transport, I think we can safely say it's a motorbike he was on. :D

dotcom, I've noticed you have a habit of not reading threads through or even not understanding what they're about.

Remember this? Posts 34 & 35.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Nonthaburi-B...25&start=25

Oh! And what about the 'Traffic Policeman Killed By Road Racers' thread? :D

Edited by RusticCharm

it is really a nice timing to bring up the topic of running over some dogs because one of these days, i'd probably do (not willingly of course).

four times since i started bringing the bike to work 2 weeks ago, a dog that hangs around the guard post walked towards that opening where i ride through (so that the guards don't have to raise the bar blocking the driveway entrance/exit) as i am about to go in. and as if he is intentionally targeting me, he would not move away. funny thing is, there are probably 3 dogs there and the one who is doing that is the same one everytime.

:D

As the barrier is down at the gate and you are cutting through as a convenience to you and the guard, maybe the dog is really a "guard dog" and the other two are just his mates over for a bit of a chinwag? :o

Rustic - well said! :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

We Americans learned the nursery rhyme wrong. It must have been "Numpty Dumpty rode along a klong..."

Numpty & Dumpty rode along a klong,

Until JimsKnight's moto sped along.

Numpty & Dumpty took a big fall,

JimsKnight came here to tell us all.

Now all of TV's Members and all of TV's Admin,

Can't dry out Numpty & Dumpty again.

(best I could come up with on short notice) :o

:D

As the barrier is down at the gate and you are cutting through as a convenience to you and the guard, maybe the dog is really a "guard dog" and the other two are just his mates over for a bit of a chinwag? :o

Rustic - well said! :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

Nice point there :D