What Is Your Actual Profession?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Suegha not back in Thailand yet but circling around the area.

Just a mechanical engineer in the oil & gas business. Sent by my company to Thailand in '92, loved the place and south east Asia in general and stayed until '04. Since then worked back in the UK, France, Malaysia and now Viet Nam next stop being south Korea.

Plan is, if I live long enough (insh Allah), to retire in a year or so to Thailand.

I was a student, Mark. Left the country two weeks after graduation. :D

which country is "THE country"? :o

If you'll note, I was responding to Mark, who, I am pretty sure, is already well aware of what country I am from :D

If you'll note, I was responding to Mark, who, I am pretty sure, is already well aware of what country I am from :D

If you are talking to one person only perhaps pm is better than the open forum? :D

k, but you are "super moderator" and this is a forum...if you and mark wanna have your private conversation then PM or email...so, for the rest of poor folks, what is "THE country"? :D ...

which country is "THE country"? :D

If you are talking to one person only perhaps pm is better than the open forum? :D

yep :o

I dont see the op asking what country of origin so if sbk choses not to disclose her country of origin then thats her business. Also why would she need to pm her answer? she answered the op clear enough.

Engineer. company i worked for shipped me all over the world training ended up in thailand and quit. Found my heaven

I´m dying to know your country of origin..... :o .

They really sent you on engineer training in Thailand?

Sounds like quite the movie-material. Tell us more about your specialties and your homecountry!

Curious! :D

Should have been a full stop after Engineer. I was training others in automation and machine setup.

Computer consultant 15 years, specialized in group consolidation.

During collage, I worked as a stuntman in a wild west show.

True, I've seen the photo!

As we've moved to the college years, while attending I was interpreter between the USSR Olympic wrestling team and American TV's ABC "Wide World of Sports" back in '89.

which country is "THE country"? :D

k, but you are "super moderator" and this is a forum...if you and mark wanna have your private conversation then PM or email...so, for the rest of poor folks, what is "THE country"? :D ...

The US of A, sonny! :o As if it matters!

before was then, now I'm Thaksin's accountant, here in leafy Surrey. Being creative with numbers is one prerequisite for the job, perks include fine dining at London's top Thai restaurants, free corporate hospitality tickets for Man C matches .... ah and occasional Thursdays shopping jaunts with his offspring & mates down in King's Rd. Best career move for a decade

Question:

I am close friend to at least five other posters on this forum. We know eachother by heart and hangaround in the days. When i post, in the forum, is it suitable that i sometimes post so only these people understand what i am talking about? I tend to leave personal conversations on skype or when i see these guys, but lately it seems like it is the proper way to put these conversations right on this open forum? A bit un-interresting for the rest of the readers if you ask me but lets follow the leaders:

Koohesti, i would buy you a drink tommorow but can´t now since youre gone, btw, how´s china?

Samuibond, can we meet tomorrow? I need to borrow your printer.

Edited by mattias33

Koohesti, i would buy you a drink tommorow but can´t now since youre gone, btw, how´s china?

China is good. No rain. sunny and not too hot. My job here isn't what I was "trained" for. In fact, I was never "trained" to do one job in the first place. Back home I rec'd a couple "liberal arts" degrees. Not specifically qualified for anything but able to do most anything is how I think they put it when it was all over and they showed me the door.

Question:

I am close friend to at least five other posters on this forum. We know eachother by heart and hangaround in the days. When i post, in the forum, is it suitable that i sometimes post so only these people understand what i am talking about? I tend to leave personal conversations on skype or when i see these guys, but lately it seems like it is the proper way to put these conversations right on this open forum? A bit un-interresting for the rest of the readers if you ask me but lets follow the leaders:

Samuibond, can we meet tomorrow? I need to borrow your printer.

How about sending them a PM as this personal chit does not jive with the topic of this thread? Although, currently I'm not in China so if you are buying....hmmmm

mattias

Question:

mattias, you seem to have made an issue over nothing.

The op asked what posters did in their home country before moving to Thailand, sbk answered & someone else asked her what country which was not in the op, she replied that the OP knew her country of origin so she saw no need to answer that.

So, lets recap; she replied on topic & then responded to an irrelevant & unrelated question which was not in the op.

So I'll put this quesiton to you instead...Why do you think that should be conducted within pm?

Making petty issues over nothing is actually really tiresome to read & reply to so please in future read posts properly & think carefully before making a mountian out of a mole hill again.

But FYI, posting to arrange a meet up for drinks in a another persons thread IS something that should be conducted via pm.

I worked with computer programming.

Ended up as a part owner of a business that exploited children and the weak of mind, letting people pay money to us in exchange for us stealing precious time out of their lives.

At the same time I was working for a government ministry that was doing much of the same but without the defense of a semblance of consensual agreements.

I liked the technical aspects but disliked the human costs involved.

I sold my share of the company to my partners, quit my job and left Denmark a few months after 9/11 2001.

btw, i think it is fine to make random offtopic comments and you shouldn't even ask.