Dentist For Possible Implant & Bridge,knows Heart Meds

wrbc

having finally begun my trip to cm, i have developed a painful tooth in tokyo, so i am looking for a reliable and knowledgable dentist in cm for a new filling, and maybe implant or bridge. he needs to be knowledgable about heart drugs, as i am in the begining stages of taking large doses of niaspan, also. recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as this is not what i was looking for in returning to cm for my 4 months of canadian winter avoidance and photography! :-)

having finally begun my trip to cm, i have developed a painful tooth in tokyo, so i am looking for a reliable and knowledgable dentist in cm for a new filling, and maybe implant or bridge. he needs to be knowledgable about heart drugs, as i am in the begining stages of taking large doses of niaspan, also. recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as this is not what i was looking for in returning to cm for my 4 months of canadian winter avoidance and photography! :-)

I have used Chiang Mai Ram dental clinic for a number of years. I find the quality and dentisits excellent and the prices are not any more than other good dental clinics. There is a top notch oral dental surgeon, Thacharot Boonyapakorn, who speaks excellent Engl;ish and received her advanced Oral Surgury board certification from Germany. However, the one I recommend for crowns, bridges, etc is a dentist, her name escapes me, who just returned back to work after having a baby. She has an advanced specialty in Oral medicine. She did a root canal and crown work, and will do bridge work in the near future.

She has pretty convenient hours during the week and evening. Ask for the dentist that just had the baby 6 months ago. Better to go in in person and talk to them. One of the head receptionists in the dental clinic on the second floor speaks pretty good English.

Hope this helps.

Lifer

A tooth ache usually indicates a root canal and around 6000bht. I was quoted a bridge at 40k and an implant at around 70k , today actually. Just keep an eye on them an ask lots of questions. After having ex rays I was told 4 fillings. Had one done yesterday and went back for another today. she whipped out the needle and I thought to ask her which tooth she was doing today. She said the back left and that one was already done 3 years ago so she says they were going to replace all my old lead fillings. <deleted>? I didn't authorise that so she had a long look at them and the xrays and said they were fine and come back next year for check up :o

Niaspan is just niacin, which is usually used to treat high cholesterol.

Do you have other heart problems?

well, yes and no. 13 years ago i had a heart attack and 7 months of waiting for canadian medical to get me an angioplasty, and then 2 years ago a quadruple bypass, although i had had no symptoms while cycling 80 km days most days, and recently after my heart doctor retired, was given a mibi test by my new doctor, for which i recieved an "absolutely normal" result. and i cycle 8000 km per year. but i do take acebutolol, crestor, and will be taking 3,000 mg of niaspan a day. so do i have heart problems? in my mind, no. but with these pills, i would not know if dental procedures may interact with the medicines. life is so complicated! :-)