Pattaya Memorial - Hiv Testing

maksidah

I would like to inform everyone that PMH now is using ELISA method for testing which is much more accurate than prior. They are Also testing for HIV1/2.

The test now takes only 45 minutes down from 2 hours which is down from 4 hours. I do not believe that the overnight test at approx B450 is available.

The new test is roughly the same price at B660.

I would like to urge everyone to get tested every three months and that especially includes your "girlfreinds" and "boyfriends".

In the last few years here in Pattaya I have great reason to be very concerned that there are a good many reasons for HIV rates to be on the rise.

Finally - I realize how selfish this city is but ask even if you do not care about your own health, please wear a condom and get checked for the sake of the rest of the world.

This has been a PSA brought to you by Khun Maksidah

Au contraire. Great first post. The poster didn't tell, he urged. ELISA? Google is your friend.
Finally - I realize how selfish this city is but ask even if you do not care about your own health, please wear a condom and get checked for the sake of the rest of the world.

And thats not telling people what to do :o

Think you need to go and get your nails cut down a bit mate. :D

The poster said please. Its a good post because it is a good reminder and informs people specifically where they can go, how long it takes, and how much it costs. Very useful and admirable. More so than chopping the head off a new poster, is that a hobby of yours?

Perhaps the subject of HIV makes you uncomfortable and spoils your mood? Oh well.

Think you need to go and get your nails cut down a bit mate. laugh.

I am way too polite to "tell" you what I think you need. smirk.

Edited by Jingthing

Hay man

140 people have looked at this thread, and only two people have

Respond to it, me and you. And it was you to criticize me about what i said about the op.

Funny that. :D

Please mate read my first post again, it could help you.

wind your neck in, please. :D

Please check again, I think the op is lacking in real information apart from location and cost.

funny that.

But again just for you jingthing, thank you op for the info. :o

have a nice day.

Edited by plasticpig

I'm not sure I understand why the OP is promoting ELISA. If that's all they're using, and if it's more accurate than what they used to use, then their testing must've been pretty much worthless before.

There are two standard, long-time-in-use test methods for HIV: ELISA and Western Blot.

At least in the olden days when AIDS tests first came out, BOTH were used to determine the final result. The reason is that ELISA is a sliding scale, and they (used to?) just pick a cutoff point for what to report as a "positive". Western Blot was then used to confirm, and was the more accurate of the two. This double-test method reduces false positive and false negative rates considerably, and also saved money over doing both (or just Western Blot) for everyone since ELISA was dirt cheap in comparison.

Maybe I'm just out of date on the new testing standards (it's not particularly relevant to my existence any more, since I became a monk living with vows of poverty, chastity, and male pattern baldness), but Wikipedia agrees with me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_test

ELISA testing alone cannot be used to diagnose HIV, even if the test suggests a high probability that antibody to HIV-1 is present. In the United States, such ELISA results are not reported as "positive" unless confirmed by a Western Blot.

I've heard of some new saliva tests that are supposed to be useful for on-the-spot testing, but last I heard, the US FDA was refusing to approve them for sale here in the USA (because people might engage in "unsafe behavior" not understanding things like windows and false-negative rates and so on) so I've never seen them.

Well PlasticPig I guess we can count you in on one of those who won't be getting tested as well as not seeming to much care one way or the other.

As for informing people about the test, as the follow up stated for those curious types there's this thing on the InternetS, it's called G O O G L E. Any sexually active adult should already be fully informed about all this sort of stuff in this day and age anyway.

Hairy, yes, that is all they are using. You are in Thailand - be happy with it! As for other types of tests (Blot, OraSure, PCR-DNA), yes a few and people can Google that as well - I will tell you that we should all be quite thankful for an ELISA test for B660 delivered in 45 minutes. But some people are never happy.

PM can also test for HPV, HSV2, HEPC as well as the obvious STI's.

Pattaya Inter can do active TB test

*FYI - CDC reported that Clap is now resistant (80%) to Cipro (2005). There is basically one antibiotic left that has real efficacy.

For what it's worth I have seen a real lack of care/hygiene in many of my prospective partners these last few years. I have dismissed women from their obligations on many occassions.

There was a time when I thought Thailand for what it offered was a fair risk when precaution is considered given its high level of healh care and cheap meds. I no longer beleive this to be true. There are many people Thai and Farang alike who simply do not care about health, hygiene and ethics of passing on STI's. Personally, from what I am seeing; I think we are at a tipping point.

ALL STI infection increases the possibility of HIV infection. Even something as innocous (sp) as Chlamydia.

Edited by soundman
Removed de-grading reference to soi-six women.

Well PlasticPig I guess we can count you in on one of those who won't be getting tested as well as not seeming to much care one way or the other.

As for informing people about the test, as the follow up stated for those curious types there's this thing on the InternetS, it's called G O O G L E. Any sexually active adult should already be fully informed about all this sort of stuff in this day and age anyway.

Hairy, yes, that is all they are using. You are in Thailand - be happy with it! As for other types of tests (Blot, OraSure, PCR-DNA), yes a few and people can Google that as well - I will tell you that we should all be quite thankful for an ELISA test for B660 delivered in 45 minutes. But some people are never happy.

PM can also test for HPV, HSV2, HEPC as well as the obvious STI's.

Pattaya Inter can do active TB test

*FYI - CDC reported that Clap is now resistant (80%) to Cipro (2005). There is basically one antibiotic left that has real efficacy.

For what it's worth I have seen a real lack of care/hygiene in many of my prospective partners these last few years. I have dismissed women from their obligations on many occassions.

There was a time when I thought Thailand for what it offered was a fair risk when precaution is considered given its high level of healh care and cheap meds. I no longer beleive this to be true. There are many people Thai and Farang alike who simply do not care about health, hygiene and ethics of passing on STI's. Personally, from what I am seeing; I think we are at a tipping point.

ALL STI infection increases the possibility of HIV infection. Even something as innocous (sp) as Chlamydia.

That's better.

Now we all know what your about.

All street cred lost. :D

Have a nice day. :o:D:D

Edited by soundman
Removed de-grading reference to soi-six women.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose. I guess it has some use if one wants to reduce the risks with a bar pickup. Oh well, anyway.

The initial purpose of the post: to alert persons who are concerned for their own health and the health of others.

The follow up was to address the ad-hominum attack by cockey rejects, ask those interested in what tests are out there and why the the ELISA is a gift to the sexually active.

As to why it's important to me and if you were clever enough yourself is to see that yes, I am very keen to reduce all incidents of STI's as much as posssible. Appears many of teh followups have never heard of "Public Health".

In a sense we are all sleeping with one another. But I just have the scary perception here that it matters not a wit to many...if they are/were infected, they would be chasing tail just the same.

Dieter: precisely, lab is lab and you can get great, reliable lab done at PM (save for the TB active). If you can read your own lab tests get a full check at PM and have the Dr. just give it a once over with you (B3800). If you cannot read your own lab reports, drink too much, obese, diabetes..you may want to opt for Int'l. The doctor will give you some time.

Hope this sheds a bit of light, especially for those living in selfishness, ignorance and denial. My only agenda is healthy clean people. Yours?