Phu kradung national park in loei

danbo

Hi

I'm planning a visit to the Phu Kradung National Park in Loei.

I was planning an overnight train from BKK, spend a day in Loei and make my way to the park the following moring for the trek up the "mountain" and an overnight stay once there.

Can anyone other any advice ?  E.g. how tough is the trek, are training shoes suitable, how much can comfortably be carried, i.e. will I have to leave my "big" bag behind at the hotel in Loei ?

T.I.A

Dan.

I was planning an overnight train from BKK

That might be rather hard to do as the last I looked there was no rail line to Loei.  

Sorry can't be more help but am beyond the trek age.  But can say you should be prepared for much cooler weather on the mountain top.

Hi Lopburi

I got this from http://www.thailandguidebook.com/

"Trains leave Bangkok Railway Station for Khon Kaen-Loei bus to the market in front of the Amphoe Phu Kradung Administrative Office. Next, a minibus to the office of the Phu Kradung National Park 5 kilometers away."

Not sure how to interpret this - I get can get the train to Khon-Kaen, and then a bus to Loei ??  May be easier to take the bus all the way and suffer the back pain.

Ta

Dan.

I have been to Phru Kadung 3 times now take your camera socks and be prepared for very cold showers.

I have travelled there every time from Udon Thani, takes about 4 hours from there!  A word of warning.......

it is not explained how difficult the climb is to the top.... its 5kms up and alot of the time it is almost vertical a good walker will take about 4-5 hours so start early.  Pay the money for your bags to a cooly (10baht a kilo) I would have happily paid 100b a kilo!  Book your tent or lodge at before you climb up!

It shouldnt be cold this time of year.  be wary of walking as it is leech city up there!

have fun its beautiful !