Need A New Laptop

phitsanulokjon

I'm also looking for a new lappie. Looked at some Sony Vaios, just because they look good, can't decide. I don't mind spending on a good unit.

Sony's are a pain in the butt in my experience. Their drivers often refuse to install despite having the correct drivers for the machine, they need heaps of drivers for every button, switch etc. Their extras like batteries and power adapters are totally overpriced too.

Sony components and accessories are overpriced, that's true. And the after-sales service is one of the worst that I've had to deal with so far.

I am doing a bit of searching on the Samsung NC 10 netbook, and want to ask if any one has any model of Samsung Laptop or even seen a Samsung Laptop here in Thailand? I don't remember ever seeing one on my trips to the IT shops

I just bought a Lenovo thinkpad R61 from blue shop in Fortune.

Dual Core 2.1, 2GB of RAM, fingerprint scanner, camera, very good spec and paid 30,900 with 3 year inter warranty.

I have only ever had Thinkpads, and they have been exceptionally reliable.

Cheers

It seems that people have different experiences and preferences...

I still reckon that for 32,000 baht (pantip plaza) ythat I couldn't have got a laptop as 'good' as my dell inspiron, but prices and spec change day by day. My little brother just bought a Sony which he swears by (in the UK and it was much cheaper than it'd be here) - it is clearly better than my Dell, but it'd cost double the price (60,000) in Thailand.

I'm not sure if Reimar is an Acer salesman, but his comments on computers have been consistently the opposite of my experiences. Acer service is good, but it needs to be due to the shockingly poor components and their matching. I say this as a direct experience of my desktop (Acer) I use at home. Several trips to the service centre were a pain in the arse, and I ended up buying more expensive components and rebuilding it myself - it now works well (nothing complex just putting in well matched and decent quality components).

Compaq, Dell, HP, Sony, Fujitsu (ignoring their tendancy for battery explosions) are well designed and built machines. The Chinese designed stuff??? - they spec down to cost in vital areas, that's why they're cheaper...

I'd be interested to know what the OP ended up with, and how it goes.