Plans To Widen Tapae & Chiang Moi Rds

cmsally

Although the 'plan' has come from central government in Bangkok, it was written with the cooperation of, and with coordination form, the muang tessabahn. The muang tessabahn received the final draft in August but have waited until just a few days before the deadline for official public objections to announce it to the people of the city.

Dr Beng is the mayor, aka executive head of the muang tessabahn. Dr Beng will have known about this plan since August. Dr Beng has waited until just before the deadline for objection to tell the tax payers of their new burden and householders along these roads of the plan to knock down their houses and businesses. Maybe Dr Beng should be asked to comment. Anyone have a contact Email address?

Rather bizarre that the mayor should be speaking on urbanisation and environmental sustainability (see link):

Chiang Mai Mail

Maybe she sees the answer as knocking down historical buildings, widening roads and encouraging more traffic to flow into the centre of the city.

Rather bizarre that the mayor should be speaking on urbanisation and environmental sustainability (see link):

Chiang Mai Mail

Maybe she sees the answer as knocking down historical buildings, widening roads and encouraging more traffic to flow into the centre of the city.

Her family's business is politics; politics is a very lucrative occupation in Thailand; politician have been known to lie to hide their true ambitions.

Somebody is going to become very wealthy because of the road widenings; it is unnecessary; The mayor is the executive authority that will implement this project.

Wow! Such an intelligent post! Can't say I agree with every bit of it, but I hope from time to time, you will continue to post on this and other important Chiang Mai issues so that ThaiVisa is not completely taken over by those seeking the perfect hamburger!

Perhaps the perfect burger is an unobtainable illusion only found at Hamburger Mary's, South of Market in San Francisco. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Chiang Mai Mail

Her family's business is politics; politics is a very lucrative occupation in Thailand; politician have been known to lie to hide their true ambitions.

Somebody is going to become very wealthy because of the road widenings; it is unnecessary; The mayor is the executive authority that will implement this project.

My first post was trying to be sarcastic, I think we all realise how 2 faced politicians are (or at least I would hope we do).

But it still astounds me that a few people can think they can simply tread on a huge section of the Chiang Mai population comprising many businesses and a vast range of people.

Even more astounding as the Tesabahn isn't exactly one force working together - the head and tail are on different sides and pulling in different directions. One would hope that the tail would turn around and decapitate, that would be the best solution.

And that is precisely the reason why this has been brought up at the last moment with little time for action.

Wow! Such an intelligent post! Can't say I agree with every bit of it, but I hope from time to time, you will continue to post on this and other important Chiang Mai issues so that ThaiVisa is not completely taken over by those seeking the perfect hamburger!

Perhaps the perfect burger is an unobtainable illusion only found at Hamburger Mary's, South of Market in San Francisco. :o

The perfect burger was the "double diamond head" that I had at Hamburger Mary's in Waikiki.

It must have been 6-7 inches high on the plate. Almost had to order a second bottle of wine as I was eating it.

I think the burger at Harvey's at 18th and Castro has surpassed Hamburger Mary's

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the Tesabahn ? was being taken to court over it by a group of defendants.

I did hear about another Central and also another big mall name from BKK. Convention centre has been on the drawing board for a while (somewhere down Cholprathan Rd)

Whenever I mention road widening to an affected CM resident I here the very popular word used at the moment Araya Kut Koen (sorry don't know how to spell in Thai). Very popular word at the moment = civil disobedience.

• 3 months later...

Update on road widening. Apparently a protest is planned at the engineering dept of the Sala klang building (provincial HQ) out towards 700yrs stadium

The protest (not meeting) is planned because apparently there is a meeting between local officials and BKK central govt engineers at the building approx 1pm.

More details posted at Kasem (branch near Warorot) store and I would imagine if you called Udif they would know.

Date for protest is 11 March 1pm - call Kasem store or UDIF to check beforehand

Edited by cmsally

• 2 weeks later...