Thaksin Begs For "Royal Kindness"

Jai Dee

Koo, Thaksin is a criminal, and a fugitive from justice, and he has been banned from politics for another three years.

You can't let him "pull the country" just because you love him.

You need to grow up a little and try to understand the concept of the rule of law.

Maybe people should learn the difference between the the spirit and the book when talking about laws.

Thaskin has surely broken the spirit of the law on countless occasions, and lately he was nailed by the book, too.

What Koo is implying here is that both the spirit and the book should be thrown out because lots of people "love" him. This is an extremely childish attitude. Keep "my mom is the most beautiful woman in the world" proclamations to first graders essays.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impartial in this process, but all I can see is both sides hurling virtually identical accusations at each other, unaware or refusing to believe that their own side is just as flawed philosophically as the other. Both expecting the other should back down. Both interpreting events and the law in a way that is 100% self-serving and appearing to ignore anything to the contrary.

So its stalemate.

And that impasse will continue.

Edited by Journalist

It's hardly the same thing if one part of an argument holds all level of power and abuse them, triggering the third part to step in and removing them. Now, would it be great if the military coup would never have happened? Indeed, and it would also have been great if rule of law was applied before so it didn't have to happen.

...both sides hurling virtually identical accusations at each other, unaware or refusing to believe that their own side is just as flawed philosophically as the other. Both expecting the other should back down.

Your biggest mistake is seeing two sides where there's only Thaksin and people who want him take responsibility for his crimes. There's no philosophical discussion about it. Once he's gone, reds and yellows will quickly run out of topics to argue about.

I'm impartial in this process, but all I can see is both sides hurling virtually identical accusations at each other, unaware or refusing to believe that their own side is just as flawed philosophically as the other. Both expecting the other should back down. Both interpreting events and the law in a way that is 100% self-serving and appearing to ignore anything to the contrary.

So its stalemate.

And that impasse will continue.

hmmm... imho it MUST continue until there is a solution on the horizon, cause"the man" is working on his comeback relentlessly and this is well known!

See his last statements on the red shirt Rajamangala "Truth today" event staged trough his PR machinery!

HE made it clear, no end till I prevail!

And what this would bring, anyone may guess.... :o

Off the casting couch

The top video in Thailand is a grainy 30-minute short starring... well, that is the question. The leading man in the video is neither a popular actor nor a famous singer. He is a slightly built older man driving around young women, and he bears a striking resemblance to the PM. The 25-minute, must-see video was viewed more than 261,000 times in less than 24 hours after it was posted on the Manager website at about 8pm on Wednesday, and there were reportedly hundreds of thousands of "clicks" on other websites where it was being featured. With rumours flying around that the scandalous footage would soon be pulled from cyber space, some people hurriedly burned it onto CDs and spread them around. The footage, shot by an unknown cameraman between March 22 and 27 this year, has become the talk of the town - probably because the man in it looks very much like the embattled PM Somchai Wongsawat, a brother-in-law of Thaksin. The clip is presented in four parts. The first, taken on March 22, shows the man picking up a woman in her 20s, in front of a convenience store, in his red Mercedes. The couple have dinner at a restaurant serving southern-style Thai dishes, giving more fuel to those who believe the man is Somchai, who is a native of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The second part features the same man driving a BMW to a love motel after picking up another woman from a house on March 24. In the third part, the man, who is wearing eyeglasses, is shown parking his white Lexus SUV at a restaurant where he has lunch with his wife, according to a female narrator who called the man the "target". The "wife" in the footage looks like Thaksin's younger sister, Yaowapa. When asked about the unusual footage yesterday, Somchai - who drives a Lexus SUV, a Mercedes and a BMW - refused to comment. He just smiled and hurriedly walked inside the

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=131737

and

http://www.manager.co.th/Politics/ViewNews...D=9510000128662

Amazing you can find these. One question, why do I see the word ASTV but not NBT?

PM Denies Involvement in Campaign to Seek Royal Pardon for Thaksin

The prime minister has insisted the People Power Party is not behind its MPs' campaign to seek a royal pardon for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat said before today's Cabinet meeting at Don Muang Airport that the main ruling People Power Party has no involvement in the campaign to collect signatures of its MPs to seek a royal pardon from His Majesty the King for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

354.jpg

People Power Party Leader and People Power Party MP and Prime Minister : check images6436.jpg

As for PPP's petition to request a royal pardon for former Prime Minister Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra, Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai stated that it was the discretion of the individual MPs, and not the Party's policy.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 05 November 2008

452.jpg

People Power Party MP and Deputy House Speaker : check images6436.jpg

Only 229 more denials to go for the People Power Party...

Funny how the big shots are all distancing themselves from the Party they are in charge of.

Edited by sriracha john

Koo, Thaksin is a criminal, and a fugitive from justice, and he has been banned from politics for another three years.

You need to grow up a little and try to understand the concept of the rule of law.

Maybe people should learn the difference between the the spirit and the book when talking about laws.

Thaskin has surely broken the spirit of the law on countless occasions, and lately he was nailed by the book, too.

What Koo is implying here is that both the spirit and the book should be thrown out because lots of people "love" him. This is an extremely childish attitude. Keep "my mom is the most beautiful woman in the world" proclamations to first graders essays.

Don't think that a child won't know and only those 60-70 y.o men can know. They were right 30 years ago. But not now.

Don't use the word "law" to confuse me. It might be inappropriate to discuss about this subject (law). Who made that law? I didn't vote for it.

Did the PAD obey the law? Why do they still sleep in the Government House? Are all the fish still there? Why are there so many used condoms around? Neat!

Amazing you can find these. One question, why do I see the word ASTV but not NBT?

NBT reports directly to the PM's office, it is effectively currently run by the Public Relations Department of Thailand as the PR department of PPP/TRT.

I assume you realise and understand this.

You can see for yourself (or could have) that the 3 cars in the videos were a lexus, Mercedes and a BMW. No one other than you is disputing that. It is not immediately clear that it is Somchai himself, it appears to be, but who knows for sure. Circumstantial and besides which it is common knowledge that Thaksin slept around, many other politicians sleep around, Bill Clinton and the Kennedys slept around - seriously....who cares. Many powerful men worldwide have women throwing themselves at them, in the case of Thaksin, hel_l, I can admit it, when in the presence of the guy, he is charming and has a certain charisma, it is no wonder people are so loyal because you want him to like you, he has that kind of effect on people.

Around the halls of the NBT this is a hot topic, however anyone brave enough to try to do a story on it would:

- not get past the censors (every show is now viewed by a censor)

- would immediately lose their job

Does that make it clear why it is not on TV on NBT??!

Shesh, this topic is like asking how come the pro TRT rally wasn't covered favourably on ASTV!

Edited by steveromagnino

Koo see the movie 'Les Miserables '

It will explain a lot about the difference between the spirit of the law and going by the book.

And it is a great movie too.

There is the precision of law to both nail the truly law ignoring, and set examples and benchmarks.

And the spirit to allow the one time or desperate offender to get a lighter sentence for a msitake.

There is the absolutist 'by the book' types who hound and chase the normaly good for one indiscretion.

and the truly evil or above the law types, who use 'the book' as a way to avoid punishments.

And when the latter is nailed the BOOK gets thrown at them in the end.

A good judge has discretion to decide what benifits society more,

the full possible punishment or something more in keeping with

a good person caught in a bad accident of fate.

Take a drunk driver that kills after many arrests and while loaded,

and the person driving 45 in a 50 zone watching all directions

and still has a child bike in front of them suddenly;

a regretted accidental fatality, for no lack of caution.

Both guilty of manslaughter, but one guilty ALSO of callousness,

the other of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It also has to do with their station in society to some extent.

If they are likely to do more good as a contrite and saddened person,

who will make efforts to make amends, this benefits society.

But an arrogant, 'hey, so I got caught, tough!', type

,will likely not deserve much consideration.

Thaksin HAD the potential to do much good, but his manipulations of the system

said he was for himself more than the people. His continued manipulations in Thailand,

don't speak to acceptance of guilt and contrition and willingness to make amends.

He didn't get the full possible sentence though. Yet he didn't get a pass either.

Just because he COULD do good, doesn't mean he WILL or is expected to if forgiven.

Just as Potjamin couldn't believe she was possibly being convicted,

she can't imagine it was RIGHT for her to be convicted.

Her PERCEIVED status lead her to believe she was above conviction,

until the gavel fell. Total surprise and shell shocked disbelief.

The judges saw this attitude coming at them, so she got a example setting sentence.

No to you and all like you you show no contrition and act above the law, and you are not.

End of story.

Off the casting couch

The "wife" in the footage looks like Thaksin's younger sister, Yaowapa. When asked about the unusual footage yesterday, Somchai - who drives a Lexus SUV, a Mercedes and a BMW - refused to comment. He just smiled and hurriedly walked inside the

Continued here:

and

I'm not sure I know what you mean. 06-1.gif

Where do you see ASTV, but not NBT?

Could you please explain your question further?

hscratch2.gif

NBT reports directly to the PM's office, it is effectively currently run by the Public Relations Department of Thailand as the PR department of PPP/TRT.

I assume you realise and understand this.

You can see for yourself (or could have) that the 3 cars in the videos were a lexus, Mercedes and a BMW. No one other than you is disputing that. It is not immediately clear that it is Somchai himself, it appears to be, but who knows for sure. Circumstantial and besides which it is common knowledge that Thaksin slept around, many other politicians sleep around, Bill Clinton and the Kennedys slept around - seriously....who cares. Many powerful men worldwide have women throwing themselves at them, in the case of Thaksin, hel_l, I can admit it, when in the presence of the guy, he is charming and has a certain charisma, it is no wonder people are so loyal because you want him to like you, he has that kind of effect on people.

Around the halls of the NBT this is a hot topic, however anyone brave enough to try to do a story on it would:

- not get past the censors (every show is now viewed by a censor)

- would immediately lose their job

Does that make it clear why it is not on TV on NBT??!

Shesh, this topic is like asking how come the pro TRT rally wasn't covered favourably on ASTV!

I don't believe in what I see in that video.

I don't think Mr. Somchai is that "urgent" to do such things when he is so well known now.

The same amazing story about singer Lydia being Mr. Thaksin's gf.

Don't the anti-Thaksin people have anything better than that to do?

Off the casting couch

The "wife" in the footage looks like Thaksin's younger sister, Yaowapa. When asked about the unusual footage yesterday, Somchai - who drives a Lexus SUV, a Mercedes and a BMW - refused to comment. He just smiled and hurriedly walked inside the

Continued here:

and

hscratch2.gif

There's a video with a female Thai voice. Seems that they follow Mr. Somchai so they can shoot what he does.

On the screen top left, there's the ASTV wording. And ASTV is so famous for telling tales like this.

...both sides hurling virtually identical accusations at each other, unaware or refusing to believe that their own side is just as flawed philosophically as the other. Both expecting the other should back down.

Your biggest mistake is seeing two sides where there's only Thaksin, and people who want him take responsibility for his crimes. There's no philosophical discussion about it. Once he's gone, reds and yellows will quickly run out of topics to argue about.

You're very rigid in your mindset - and that is symptomatic of this entire stand-off that is happening. People saying that only their point of view exists.

You've spent thousands upon thousands of posts extemporising one perspective, repeating yourself ad nauseam, belittling people who don't see it in the same terms.

Coups d'etat are okay..... when you say they are, otherwise they're not. I'm not sure whether you advocate the rule of law or not. It seems that you advocate it when it suits the Anti-Thaksin platform, but when the contrary applies, exceptions can be made.

30 years ago, the old man lead students and people to protest against the army and about 3,000 people died.

Why? The Army said after the coup, there would have been an election. But the feeling of holding power was too good to lose, and they didn't want any election.

So the old man was right then. But now he is not right to lead the PAD to protest illegally as we've seen.

The current party came up by election. If they don't want this system, they must wait until we change to be something like what China is doing. How can they (PAD) claim they fight for democracy?

Off the casting couch

Continued here:

and

hscratch2.gif

There's a video with a female Thai voice. Seems that they follow Mr. Somchai so they can shoot what he does.

On the screen top left, there's the ASTV wording. And ASTV is so famous for telling tales like this.

And this is one tale they have told before. This video is more than two years old.

I don't think Mr. Somchai is that "urgent" to do such things when he is so well known now.

You're starting to convince me.

Upon further reflection, I could easily understand how no man would ever wish to stray from either of these extremely attractive sister-in-laws...

550000014517501.jpg

9a250c22.jpg

especially for someone as unattractive as Lydia...

lydia.jpg

who is no match for the alluring Potjaman...

Government House... Why are there so many used condoms around?

Why so many inside the Government House area? They use truck tires to block their "field" so outside people can't enter eh.

It appears only yellow people are inside there.

Off the casting couch

Continued here:

and

hscratch2.gif

You're probably right... they probably used a fake Lexus SUV, a fake Mercedes, and a fake BMW.

Upon further reflection, I could easily understand how no man would ever wish to stray from either of these extremely attractive sister-in-laws...

550000014517501.jpg

9a250c22.jpg

lydia.jpg

Someone likes to spread this kind of news.

To believe or not is another story.

550000014517501.jpg

9a250c22.jpg

lydia.jpg

Someone likes to spread this kind of news.

To believe or not is another story.

Agreed. And I, for one, have total and complete faith in the trustworthiness and honesty of Thaksin and Somchai.

Their history in these areas is impeccable.

They are as faithful to their wives as they have been to this nation.

Edited by sriracha john

Your biggest mistake is seeing two sides where there's only Thaksin, and people who want him take responsibility for his crimes. There's no philosophical discussion about it. Once he's gone, reds and yellows will quickly run out of topics to argue about.

You're very rigid in your mindset - and that is symptomatic of this entire stand-off that is happening. People saying that only their point of view exists.

Thaksin's a criminal who is not fit to be the PM, there are not other views on this.

There are people saying that he should be the PM not matter how many crimes he has commited - that's not a view, that's a whim.

All the rest is immaterial, there's no class struggle, rising people power, elites wanting to protect their turf - those are just Thaksin's excuses not to go to jail. I read this stuff every day in Nation's comics - Poncho is great at inventing them, but Danae is really the best. Toby of the Buckets family is getting a hang of it, too.

Don't think that a child won't know and only those 60-70 y.o men can know. They were right 30 years ago. But not now.

Have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here.

Don't use the word "law" to confuse me. It might be inappropriate to discuss about this subject (law). Who made that law? I didn't vote for it.

Any other words on the list that confuse you? What subjects are appopriate to discuss with you? Ice cream flavours?

Seriously, "Who made that law? I didn't vote for it." - which one, exactly? Thaksin has SIX outstanding warrants by several courts. The fact you don't know anything about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

If you study a bit, you'll know more about these courts.

Thaksin's a criminal who is not fit to be the PM, there are not other views on this.

There are people saying that he should be the PM not matter how many crimes he has commited - that's not a view, that's a whim.

All the rest is immaterial, there's no class struggle, rising people power, elites wanting to protect their turf - those are just Thaksin's excuses not to go to jail. I read this stuff every day in Nation's comics - Poncho is great at inventing them, but Danae is really the best. Toby of the Buckets family is getting a hang of it, too.

Newsflash: he's not the PM.

You're probably right... they probably used a fake Lexus SUV, a fake Mercedes, and a fake BMW.

Do you think it's difficult to make that video?

Easy, you just buy a Benz, a Lexus, and a bimmer.

When it was filmed Somchai was a nobody, btw.

But not a problem, ASTV had probably bought hundreds of luxury cars and filmed lookalikes of all MPs who could be potentially compromised in the future.