What Is My Best Option ?

Hi all, just need a little advice here on my visa question.

This week ( Nov 5th ) I will go to KL and apply for a Thai Tourist Visa 2 months. Border runs finished last month for me.

Then December 23rd, I will go to Australia for 2 weeks before coming back to Thailand - (arrive bangkok 8th January.)

My question is , will I need to apply for another Tourist Visa when in Australia as the previous 2 month one from KL will expire approximately January 5th ( 2 months from Nov 5 )

or can I get the one months extension added to the 2 months while in Aussie somehow ? and do I need to make sure the Tourist Visa issued in KL is a double entry or this doesn't matter as a single will only be issued ??

What's my best option ?

Thank's for anyone's help.

cheers. :o

This week ( Nov 5th ) I will go to KL and apply for a Thai Tourist Visa 2 months. Border runs finished last month for me.

Then December 23rd, I will go to Australia for 2 weeks before coming back to Thailand - (arrive bangkok 8th January.)

My question is , will I need to apply for another Tourist Visa when in Australia as the previous 2 month one from KL will expire approximately January 5th ( 2 months from Nov 5 )

or can I get the one months extension added to the 2 months while in Aussie somehow ? and do I need to make sure the Tourist Visa issued in KL is a double entry or this doesn't matter as a single will only be issued ??

What's my best option ?

If you can get a Double Entry you will be able to use the second entry when you return on 8th Jan.

If you only get a single you will need to get another Visa in Australia. The 30 day extension is only available At an Immigration office in Thailand.

I do not think you will get a double entry in KL. But you can in Vientiene Laos.

What's my best option ?

I agree with Lite Beer you may not get a 2 entry tourist visa in KL. If you end up with a single you can get a 2 entry or even a 3 entry in Australia.

If you get a 2 entry in KL here is another option.

Before leaving in December go to immigration and get a 30 day etension of your 60 day entry (1900 baht). Then get a re-entry permit while at immigration (1000 baht). That would allow you to make your trip without loosing your first entry.

What's my best option ?

I agree with Lite Beer you may not get a 2 entry tourist visa in KL. If you end up with a single you can get a 2 entry or even a 3 entry in Australia.

If you get a 2 entry in KL here is another option.

Before leaving in December go to immigration and get a 30 day etension of your 60 day entry (1900 baht). Then get a re-entry permit while at immigration (1000 baht). That would allow you to make your trip without loosing your first entry.

Thank's ubonjoe & litebeer.

So supposing I only get a single entry from KL , then I need to get another Tourist Visa in Aussie to come back.

The 30 day extenstion is not really any help unless I received a double entry in KL ?? correct ??

thanks.

As said before when you leave in December your Visa will finish even if you have a 30 day extension.

To keep this alive you need a Re Entry Permit . When you return in Jan you would only get around 3 weeks stay.

Meaning another trip to a Consulate or a Visa Run if you have a double entry.

30 day extension 1,900 Baht. Re Entry Permit 1,000 Baht.

Is it really worth the expense for 3 weeks?