Departure Card-lost

Hi Ubonjoe, I am going up to Mai Sai/Tachilek tomorrow morning to reactivate my visa and take a look around Chang Rai for a few days whilst I am there.  I just checked my passport - no departure card.  Will this be a problem when crossing/returning from the border. Cant find it anywhere.

I have found a photocopy of it, albeit faint but you can make out the number OK but it has hotel/phone numbers/notes stuck all over it for hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai from a previous trip.  Will this photocopy be OK to use?  Should I go to an immigration office in Chang Rai when I arrive and let them know. 

Many thanks in advance.

Why are you asking me? Just kidding.

I have never had this problem. But when leaving from airport I have seen others get a new one and fill it out then.

Having that old copy will help I am sure if it's your latest one. You could white out all the extra numbers and such and try to get a new copy made.

I think that you won't have a problem at the border other than getting a blank one to fill out.

Edited by ubonjoe

Never a bad idea to take your photo copy just in case.

Yes, indeed, take the copy of the Arrival/Departure card.

The info is in Immigration's computer database and is retrievable.

Last time this happened to me I just got a new Departure card, crossed out the TM number on that card and wrote in the OLD number in its place.

If asked by Immigration why you did that, just explain "lost" and show the copy.

Mac

Hi,

Dont know about anywhere else, even here in Bangkok but when i was living in Pattaya I know that they did (and still do) charge 1,000 baht per time in order to reissue the TM card.

Dont know if it helps just a FYI.

Falcon

Hi,

Dont know about anywhere else, even here in Bangkok but when i was living in Pattaya I know that they did (and still do) charge 1,000 baht per time in order to reissue the TM card.

Dont know if it helps just a FYI.

Falcon

i think sometimes it can be just up to the Thai Immigrations Officer discretion at the time, sometimes it can be no hassle getting a new one , other times u have to pay, & once i met someone who lost theirs , & they had to wait a long time to get new one after getting the 3rd degree asking why they didnt have it, & went nearly close to missing plane.

Thanks to all, at least I will be prepared. Have photocopy with me have whited out all the written notes on it and number/stamp still visible.  Will have extra money with me just in case.  Will try the big smile/feign tears first, all with a "mai pen rai" attitude. If there is one thing in Thailand I have learnt is how to do this well!!!!!

cheers