New Dukes At Kad Farang Hang Dong?

swain

Hey,

Anyone know what the deal is? The Dukes seemed to be opening a place out at Kad Farang, even has a flyer that reads that they will open November 8th. But No movement the building is empty and nothing seems to be happening. Have they dumped out of the deal or Delayed the opening? Would love to see this happen as I live in the village behind the Market.

That's what the signs said... They're looking to find an idiot (err, investor) willing to start a franchise there. :D

If they found one and if they're opening November 8th then I can also confirm that they will close on March 8, at which point the operator will say he's moving because of the bad air, not because the place was empty pretty much all of the time.

(When living in Chiang Mai for a while you begin to see patterns. :o )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Hey,

Anyone know what the deal is? The Dukes seemed to be opening a place out at Kad Farang, even has a flyer that reads that they will open November 8th. But No movement the building is empty and nothing seems to be happening. Have they dumped out of the deal or Delayed the opening? Would love to see this happen as I live in the village behind the Market.

I read November 08 as November 2008.

But does not matter anymore, because I heard from a reliable source that the plan to open has been cancelled (wise decission for the franshise taker in my opinion).

This is not the first time this place had a cancelation. Last year there was a sign like " Japanese Restaurant to open soon".

Do you guys know that the opening for Carfour will be soon - what a courageous decission to open at the location they built the center (Hangdong Rd. south of Hangdong!)

Hey,

maybe dunhill, smith-fairchild, or south fork development will take up the franchise :o

So far no business has ever suceeded at Kad Farang. E.g. all restaurants failed. Giorgio, Osteria Wald, S&P etc.

I have no explaination for that.

What about Tosit? Is it still there?

The 49 baht buffet seems to be doing ok at the moment. Food pretty good for the money.

California wraps is nice once in a while. Black canyon are still there.

So far no business has ever suceeded at Kad Farang. E.g. all restaurants failed. Giorgio, Osteria Wald, S&P etc.

I have no explaination for that.

You don't think it could be the location do you! (Many kilometres out of town)

Maybe I should become a business consultant with this kind of insight... ;-0

Well, it is near a fairly large farang community. California wraps is doing VERY well. They have good food at reasonable prices. She bakes her own bread, and makes her own sausage, and basically does whatever she can to keep the expense down. She also has a very western way of doing things and speaks English because she used to live in the states. She goes out of her way to make sure your happy with your meal. I really am glad they are succeeding as I didn't think any thing was going to stick here.