Excess Luggage Fees

tutone

Does anyone have any specific information on what the fees are for excess luggage weight above the 20 kg. allowed by Thai Airways for domestic flights. Also, I understand two checked bags are allowed, so is this 20 kg. per bag or 20 kg. total?

Appreciate the info. Thanks.

Does anyone have any specific information on what the fees are for excess luggage weight above the 20 kg. allowed by Thai Airways for domestic flights. Also, I understand two checked bags are allowed, so is this 20 kg. per bag or 20 kg. total?

Appreciate the info. Thanks.

Would be 20 KG total plus 7 Kg for carry on, would be best to contact the airline for the cost it vary for different destinations. My past experience with Thai is they don't charge if you don't go over 30 kg but that was a while ago and on a flight from Australia.

It is 20 kgs total on an economy class ticket (just checked their website again).

I didn't see a price for excess quoted, but the last time I flew Thai and had excess weight, they charged me 400 baht per kilo (I was 30 kilos over the limit and had to pay 12,000 baht). That was a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if the price has gone up or not.

I was under 30 kg total, I have used a company in Brisbane called Jetta Express which works out a lot cheaper than pay the airline fo excess. I saw another similar company advertise on the TV web site too.

Hi Gary.

How many Kgs did you put thru Jetta & how much per Kg?

BNE-BKK?

cheers

gd