Looking For A House Close To Nature

bipbip

It might be next to impossible, but we are still going to give it a try...

Is it possible to find a house close to nature somewhere in or around Bangkok?

We don't need a jungle, but just some green areas where we can run, bike and get some fresh air.

So far we have looked at Hua Hin, but it's a bit to far from Bangkok - and it also seems to be mostly for retires (we are only around 30).

It would be really great if we could find a nice house closer to Bangkok than Hua Hin, but without being surrounded by cars and concrete.

Thanks,

bipbip

We don't need a jungle, but just some green areas where we can run, bike and get some fresh air.

So far we have looked at Hua Hin, but it's a bit to far from Bangkok - and it also seems to be mostly for retires (we are only around 30).

It would be really great if we could find a nice house closer to Bangkok than Hua Hin, but without being surrounded by cars and concrete.

Thanks,

bipbip

Nong Chok next to Minburi still Bangkok 45 minutes to the center

Thanks,

bipbip

Nong Chok next to Minburi still Bangkok 45 minutes to the center

Thanks a lot. The nature around Nong Chok looks very nice - and the houses are awfully cheap compared with the center of Bangkok. Still, it might be a bit to far away, so please cry out if you know of other, similar places.

Is it 45 min. by bus/train? Or do you have to use your own car to go to the center?

Are there any expats in the area?

around suan luang park: Chalorm praket (? spelling) (continuation of Udom suk/suk 103). This is the best choice IMO if you want to live in/near bkk in a green/calm neighbourhood. Bts and airport link will open 1 year from now.

Edited by iyah

around suan luang park: Chalorm praket (? spelling) (continuation of Udom suk/suk 103). This is the best choice IMO if you want to live in/near bkk in a green/calm neighbourhood. Bts and airport link will open 1 year from now.

We have considered something around Suan Luang. After all, it's a big park with lots of room for running, but besides that there aren't any nature around, so there is no room for biking, etc.

Isn't the planned BTS station around 5 km from Suan Luang park?

We have considered something around Suan Luang. After all, it's a big park with lots of room for running, but besides that there aren't any nature around, so there is no room for biking, etc.

Isn't the planned BTS station around 5 km from Suan Luang park?

well the area is really green. If you drive behind the park, behind seri center, you get the feeliing that you're in isaan or something. Once you're off the main road (Chalorm Praket), many 'country like' areas where i guess you could cycle. You'd just have to find yourself a good cycling itinary. Around the housing estate "The Balcony" it's really green.

Yes, the new bts station udom suk will be about 5km from the park. The airport link bts line much closer. A good thing about this area to is that it's clean, modern and safe. Kind of upscale.

I think if u want to live in an area that's it even more green/less developed than this area (Prawet) you'll be far from the center, like minburi. If u have a car or don't have to commute everyday to the center for work, than it might be fine. Otherwise you're gonna have to find a compromise. This is the best i've found. Lots of houses for sale in the area (price start around 3 million, 2.5 for townhouses). Rentals strart at 10000baht/month (for a basic 2 bedroom townhouse). I pay 7000, but i'm in an older townhouse (no hot water), just 1 ac unit, but still ok if u don't have kids. pm me if u want more details.

Otherwise Talingchan area might suit you. It is green, but it seems to 'remote' for me + I don't particularly like west bkk that much (Thonburi, Bang Kae, pin klao etc). If you live west bkk you're already 1/3 of the way to the beach ; ) Also depends if/where you'll be working. Prawet is east, Taling chan west. Opposite.

Good luck!

Edited by iyah

Yes, the new bts station udom suk will be about 5km from the park. The airport link bts line much closer.

Sounds good that the area is green, but transportation might be a problem. I have looked at this BTS/MRT map (PDF) and it looks like the closest station will be around 3 km from the park - and that there will eventually be a MRT station 1 km from the park.

Guess that means we have to take a lot of taxis - or buy a car :o

Ya but as long as you live on/near the main road, there are buses and mini van going there. 3km in that part of town means 10 minutes away (as opposed to somewhere like sukumvit where it mght take you 30 minutes to cover that distance). Until then, bus no 11 goes straight to siam, or petchaburi BTS, but it does take a while, especially during rush hours. It takes me 1h30 min to commute to work everyday. But to me, it's worth it (i don't have long working hours and i'm home usually by 4pm). I do own a motorbike and it comes handy for grocery shoping, going to the mall and market, but i could do without it (cycling instead..).

Ya but as long as you live on/near the main road, there are buses and mini van going there. 3km in that part of town means 10 minutes away (as opposed to somewhere like sukumvit where it mght take you 30 minutes to cover that distance). Until then, bus no 11 goes straight to siam, or petchaburi BTS, but it does take a while, especially during rush hours. It takes me 1h30 min to commute to work everyday. But to me, it's worth it (i don't have long working hours and i'm home usually by 4pm). I do own a motorbike and it comes handy for grocery shoping, going to the mall and market, but i could do without it (cycling instead..).

10 min. sounds reasonable - I'm used to Sathorn where 3 km can take an hour...

Do you really dare cycling in Bangkok?

I have an electric bike that i use for short distances. Outside the main streets, it's fine.

To let you know, you can actually cycle through (around) part of Suan Luang park, as well as around the big reservoir next to this park (access is at the end of Chalorm praket soi 43).

I have an electric bike that i use for short distances. Outside the main streets, it's fine.

To let you know, you can actually cycle through (around) part of Suan Luang park, as well as around the big reservoir next to this park (access is at the end of Chalorm praket soi 43).

Wuhuu, I assume that means I can also run around both the park and the big reservoir. It looks like a nice, long route on Google Maps