How To Become Farang Police In Thailand?

MikeSR

I think you start off by staying in on Friday nights and trying to shed all other forms of life as we know it.

Cheers

my english is not to good. i dont understand your post.

Mike my english is not to bad and I don't understand it either. :o

To remove ambiguity - Foreigners here interested in joining the Thai police , in my opinion ,would be better going out and getting a life.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers

You wish to help Thais and foreign nationals?

Volunteer to a worthy cause....

Orphanage.

Caring for the elderly.

Assisting with a Hospital that receives a lot of foreigners.

Train people in first Aid.

Helping to raise funds for those in extreme poverty.

Working with special needs Kids/adults.

Assist the refugees along the borders.

etc etc

Working for the police volunteers will leave you : Open to abuse :Dealing with pissed up idiot tourists : In the spotlight of Thai and foreign crims a like .

In my humble opinion there are plenty of other options if your genuine before becoming a plastic cop in Thailand.

I think it's ok with "serve and protect" part, thoug the OP seems to be just as clueless as a regular tourist, he can't protect anyone from anything and need adult supervision himself.

And sure as hel_l he shouldn't be allowed any part of "law enforcement" side of his job.

If one is truly interested in helping foreigners and Thailand, the Tourist Police Department volunteer position is a good opportunity. I am not aware that they can write tickets, and am surprised if this is true, but perhaps it is. Some of the people writing in on this topic have no actual idea what the police volunteers actually do, so do not pay any attention to that. It amazes me that fat, useless sex tourists advise people to "get a life" instead of becoming a police volunteer. Believe me, wearing a police volunteer uniform will do more to improve the image of foreigners in Thailand than sitting in a bar all day guzzling beer and paying for sex with some bargirl. And as far as having friends, what kind of friends do you want to have, anyway? I know police volunteers with plenty of friends. Most foreigners will appreciate the help given by police volunteers. As for the rest, who cares?

If one is truly interested in helping foreigners and Thailand, the Tourist Police Department volunteer position is a good opportunity. I am not aware that they can write tickets, and am surprised if this is true, but perhaps it is. Some of the people writing in on this topic have no actual idea what the police volunteers actually do, so do not pay any attention to that. It amazes me that fat, useless sex tourists advise people to "get a life" instead of becoming a police volunteer. Believe me, wearing a police volunteer uniform will do more to improve the image of foreigners in Thailand than sitting in a bar all day guzzling beer and paying for sex with some bargirl. And as far as having friends, what kind of friends do you want to have, anyway? I know police volunteers with plenty of friends. Most foreigners will appreciate the help given by police volunteers. As for the rest, who cares?

:o:D:D:D:D

Just thought I ould get that in before the thread gets closed :(

hello i am a long time farang who is interested in serving a role as farang police in thailand. i see in other thread that farang police are now doing traffic stops and assisting in all matters of society and i am very interested in serving the general public. what is the farang police pecking order and what are some of the responsibilities bestowed upon them? what are possible rankings in the farang police force? i search google but nothing shows up. are farang police everywhere or just Pattaya? thank you i want to serve the farang and thai community.

Maybe you would receive a better response by refering to us more poitely as ex-pats or foreigners instead of the (impolite ? still under debate) Thai "falang". Rather than join the highway police who generally trump up charges/offences against us, I suggest you join one of the ex-pat groups who try do something constructive about road safety and the demonic local drivers.