Uk Cancel Thaksin's Visa And Wife's

Jingthing

If he backed off likely they would pay him off with a large chuck of his impounded money.

But his ego is too broken too much loss of FACE to give up. He's been a winner in a big way,

but not by being fair. He will not be fair in trying to gain back his lost winnings,

and take retribution, if he can, for that loss..

Sorry Animatic but you're wrong. He's completely mad and the money doesn't matter any more. And everyone's fuelling the Thaksin circus. All this talk of him seeking refuge in a 'lesser', in his eyes, country - the Bahamas! Phlue!. He won't even stand for China, his ancestor's land of birth. He's become like some pop star, who, having become used to the adulation of his paid for peasantry, cannot do without it, even though it's driven him past megalomania to the brink of insanity. He won't/can't stop.

His former success lay in the fact that he exemplified and therefore connected with the upcountry Thai peasant. That's exactly what he is. But with more money.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mc if Thaksin backed away completely, PAD would melt away also, as being unnecessary.

You really see the problem in it's mirror image, and not the situation on the ground.

And to do that you must slap the watchdog and applaud the criminal as he ties to

creep back into the house to slit the dog's master's throat.

As long as Thaksin is kicking at the stall door,

the scruffy groom will try to keep it locked down tight.

Edited by animatic

If he backed off likely they would pay him off with a large chuck of his impounded money.

But his ego is too broken, too much loss of FACE to give up. He's been a winner in a big way,

but not by being fair. He will not be fair in trying to gain back his lost winnings,

Sorry Animatic but you're wrong. He's completely mad and the money doesn't matter any more. And everyone's fuelling the Thaksin circus. All this talk of him seeking refuge in a 'lesser', in his eyes, country - the Bahamas! Phlue!. He won't even stand for China, his ancestor's land of birth. He's become like some pop star, who, having become used to the adulation of his paid for peasantry, cannot do without it, even though it's driven him past megalomania to the brink of insanity. He won't/can't stop.

His former success lay in the fact that he exemplified and therefore connected with the upcountry Thai peasant. That's exactly what he is. But with more money.

Jitagon I said "IF" first,

I never implied he WOULD back off.

I said I thought it not likely.

We agree and for the same reasons, just different wording.

Let's also not under estimate the maddening affect or Potty standing behind him,

acid tounge at ear lobe and sharpened finger poking his kidneys.

Demanding her desired return to position over all other kunyings...

Would put me round the twist.

Edited by animatic

You seem to be a stauch defender of democracy. Did you object when the PAD made calls for an unelected government ? WHen some of them appear to be happy for a coup ? I didn't think so.

I don't like the fact that we had a coup, nor do i like the fact that we now have people campaigning on the streets. I don't like the fact that the country is divided and there is so much friction, anger and disunity. But most of all, i don't like the person who brought this all about. Without Thaksin, none of this would have ever happened. You don't agree?

Sure, Thaskin is not perfect, neither is the PAD. But I dont see you critizising the PAD.

That's the difference between you and me. You are happy to support the best of the worst, where as i would prefer to support the best of the best, and if such a person/party doesn't exist, i don't support any of them. You should consider raising your standards. Why keep them and your expectations so low?

I suppose you think that millions of Thai people that respect and love Thaksin need the best professional help they can get ?. You will always be part of the problem unless you understand this group. instead you fob them off as having mental problems.

Actually my comments about having mental issues were not directed at those who do not have access to a broad spectrum of media, in which to be able to form an educated and balanced opinion based on facts. People living in the back of beyond and being spoon fed propaganda are not wrong for having the opinion they do. They have been manipulated and tricked, something each and every one of us is susceptible to in the right (or should that be "wrong") circumstances. I understand this group entirely.

The group that i do have no understanding of is the one that writes on forums like this. They write articulately and seemingly with intelligence, and they obviously have all modern connections that allow access to a wide-range of media. And yet despite all this, they continue their blind and dogged defence of a man who we all know to have done so much wrong. I'm afraid that mental disorder was the best i could come up with, but if you can give me a better reason as to why you think the way you do, i would certainly love to hear it.

The pad dont know what they are doing, they move the goal posts every week. Amongst other things they are fighting the government, a government that was elected into power by the people

They are fighting the government not because is was elected by the people (and it wasn't, btw, the cabinet, starting with the PM, was selected by Thaksin), PAD are fighting the government that is a proxy of a criminal fugitive.

You don't see PAD fighting against government policies - only against its support for Thaksin.

During the first three months in office PAD was quiet, they gave the govt free hand in ruling the country. PAD became active only when the govt started consitution amendments to save Thaksin's ass.

But his ego is too broken, too much loss of FACE to give up. He's been a winner in a big way,

Hey, Animatic, I agree we agree :D But your sentence does read, 'If he backed off likely they would pay him off with a large chuck of his impounded money' which implies that scenario being a possibility. All I went on to say is that it was impossible. Your sentence was therefore, what Thailand is full of, oxymorons :o

Hey, Animatic, I agree we agree :D But your sentence does read, 'If he backed off likely they would pay him off with a large chuck of his impounded money' which implies that scenario being a possibility. All I went on to say is that it was impossible. Your sentence was therefore, what Thailand is full of, oxymorons :o

It has been a posibility, maybe up into relatively recently.

It was a hypothetical statement.

He didn't, and hasn't backed off, they know it ,

and are determined to put the tongs to his fuzzy butt.

QUOTE (mc2 @ 2008-11-14 14:20:45) *

I suppose you think that millions of Thai people that respect and love Thaksin need the best professional help they can get ?. You will always be part of the problem unless you understand this group. instead you fob them off as having mental problems. END QUOTE

Now, this is another thing I have a big problem with. I keep reading this MILLIONS OF THAI PEOPLE THAT RESPECT AND LOVE THAKSIN. Well. Where the hel_l are they? If there are thousands, let alone millions of them, who's stopping them from rallying in the capital same same as the PAD? YOOHOO? WHERE ARE YOU?!

Yet, another enigma which seems to have passed our incumbent and esteemed BBC Correspondent, Jonathan Head by :o

Apart from the Ridley Scott inspired, stadium filled, paid for, ONE NIGHT ONLY, constituting around, oh, let's be generous - two to three hours? WHERE ARE THEY?! Put up or Shut up. Baa!

Edited by jitagon

There's an opinion piece by Thanong Khantong in today's Nation where he talks about possibility of money for quiet exile deal.

Might work, but the problem is that the case is in process, no one can stop it, whoever wants to make that deal would have to stop the law from working its way - impossible.

Also releasing the money via back channels, without proper court procedures and backed only by Thaksin word would be seen as treason.

Also sending 50 bil out of the country for Thaskin to invest overseas is insane, and legally impossible, too.

>>>

I'm of an opinion that nobody can manipulate the situation - the cat is out of the bag when it comes to Thaksin. There's too much public pressure and scrutiny, and legal entaglements. It's not 60s anymore, you have to run every major decision by the public.

I suppose you think that millions of Thai people that respect and love Thaksin need the best professional help they can get ?. You will always be part of the problem unless you understand this group. instead you fob them off as having mental problems. END QUOTE

Is this a joke?

Well, maybe not...

The should be Millions of Thai people that respect and love Thaksin......but remember, LOVE his free hand-outs more than loving the man himself! :o

There's an opinion piece by Thanong Khantong in today's Nation where he talks about possibility of money for quiet exile deal.

Might work, but the problem is that the case is in process, no one can stop it, whoever wants to make that deal would have to stop the law from working its way - impossible.

Also releasing the money via back channels, without proper court procedures and backed only by Thaksin word would be seen as treason.

Also sending 50 bil out of the country for Thaskin to invest overseas is insane, and legally impossible, too.

>>>

I'm of an opinion that nobody can manipulate the situation - the cat is out of the bag when it comes to Thaksin. There's too much public pressure and scrutiny, and legal entaglements. It's not 60s anymore, you have to run every major decision by the public.

The Nation and it's Columnists can ruminate all they want. The fact is that 'possibility' is not. For the reasons I've already given. Thaksin and 'quiet exile' are not going to happen.

And yes, even though insane, we all know that nothing is 'legally impossible' here, if it's agreed by all parties as the best - read - least troublesome by Thai terms, way of settling things, but again, in Thaksin's case, not going to happen.

The cat is indeed out of the bag regards Thaksin and no other country save for the desperately poor, will touch him. And he, for the reasons again, I have already given, will not touch him either. The UK was his bolthole of choice, he was just following the precedent set by his elders and betters

There really is nothing else for it. This is all simply prolonging the agony. Unless he's been given the actual bullet with his name on it as soon as his latest touch down at swampy. Just come home and get it all over with. After all, what does he have to lose :o

Now, this is another thing I have a big problem with. I keep reading this MILLIONS OF THAI PEOPLE THAT RESPECT AND LOVE THAKSIN. Well. Where the hel_l are they? If there are thousands, let alone millions of them, who's stopping them from rallying in the capital same same as the PAD? YOOHOO? WHERE ARE YOU?!

They are mostly massive numbers of rural supporters . Some people have got to work for a living. They cant afford a prolonged demonstration in the capital.

Thaksin also has popular support of wide age groups in the rural areas. I've asked many of them , they profess their firm support and respect for Thaksin. Anyhow, in this case rallys are not a measure of support, voting is , and his support was clearly seen in the last election.

>>>

I think you are right but I hope you are wrong.

There are only 2 people who can solve this mess properly. One of them doesn't want to get involved and I respect that.

Thaksin is the other , if he left politics in exchange for return of his money , and the deal was honored , new elections maybe, then the PAD troublemakers would disappear .

the not-so-subtle differences between yellow-shirts and red-shirts...

Flowers yesterday, burning effigies today

Some 150 pro-Thaksin protesters rallied on Friday in front of UK Embassy in Bangkok, condemning the country for revoking Thaksin's visa.

Wearing red shirts, they burnt effigies of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary of State David Miliband to show their anger after UK revoked visas of Thaksin and his wife Pojaman.

About 150 police were deployed to provide security at the embassy.

The protesters showed banners which read, "Why the United Kingdom which is icon of democracy revoke Thaksins' visa?," and "Why the United Kingdom did not respect the UN Conventions."

They said Thaksin was a good leader, he set up village fund and suppressed narcotics. "We have faith in Thaksin. We fight for them because he received unfair treatment," he said.

UK Embassy in Bangkok seemed to be busy during this period after its government revoked visas of Thaksin and Pojaman while the couple were in Beijing.

On Thursday, a group of anti-government supporters; so-called "PAD Ladies," visited the embassy to say thank you England for revoking Thaksin's visa. They also gave flowers and sweets to representatives of the embassy.

- The Nation / 2008-11-14

A stark contrast. Likewise, this is also a huge contrast between the anti-Thaksin camp and the Pro-Thaksin camp. Seems that Thaksin followers can't even give a day of respect. Nothing new coming from Thaksin and some of his followers.

The PAD also said it would arrange activities to observe the funeral of HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana from today to Sunday. There would be no political speeches at the PAD's rally site at Government House, which has been seized by PAD supporters for more than two months, said Pipob Dhongchai, a core PAD leader. Stage activities would focus on the Princess' life and contributions, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/11/14...cs_30088418.php

Meanwhile:

Some 150 supporters of convicted ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra rallied on Friday in front of UK Embassy in Bangkok, condemning the country for revoking Thaksin's visa.

Edited by frodo

They are mostly massive numbers of rural supporters . Some people have got to work for a living. They cant afford a prolonged demonstration in the capital.

Thaksin also has popular support of wide age groups in the rural areas. I've asked many of them , they profess their firm support and respect for Thaksin. Anyhow, in this case rallys are not a measure of support, voting is , and his support was clearly seen in the last election.

Do you not think those who've been attending the PAD rallies for the past six months, not just the one night, in Bangkok have not families to support? Or are you under the illusion they have all been living on handouts from the 'elitist PAD' organisers? I'm here to disavow you of this view. My family and many of my friends have take time out, when they can, out of their own pockets, to attend.

The PAD are serious in their quest to take Thailand from the quasi banana republic perceived by the Rest of The World to a truly working democracy. They fully understand, and are continuing to educate the people of Thailand, as to the fact that this is truly a 'do or die' situation. The old ways of patronage and resulting corruption are short term thinking, and cannot continue if Thailand is to fulfill its potential.

Pro-Thaksin group protests in front of British embassy in Bangkok

BANGKOK, Nov. 14 (Xinhua) -- Some 150 supporters of a pro-Thaksin group gathered in front of the British embassy in Bangkok Friday morning to protest the British government's revocation of Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's visa to the country.

They burnt effigies of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary David Miliband to show their anger after Britain revoked visas of Thaksin and his wife, Pojaman.

They claimed Thaksin is a good man, and that he is unfairly treated.

About 150 police were deployed to provide security at the embassy. They placed iron barricades to prevent the protesters from getting near the embassy.

Thailand's battle royal

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...1-25837,00.html

Sian Powell, Bangkok | November 15, 2008

Article from: The Australian

TODAY, Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej, a sheet anchor of security and stability in troubled times, will preside over the elaborate funeral of his sister in central Bangkok's Sanam Luang ceremonial ground. It will be a profoundly melancholy occasion for many Thais, who fear a much-loved generation of royals has reached its twilight years.

Worried by fractious politics in a nation plagued by 11 military coups since the end of absolute monarchy in 1932, Thais look to their revered king for reassurance. But he is nearly 81 and the last of his siblings is dead.

Thitinan Pongsudhirak, a political scientist at Chulalongkorn University and author of a paper recently published in the Journal of Democracy titled Thailand Since the Coup, believes his homeland, wracked by intensifying political divisions, is heading for even more turbulent times without its monarch to keep the peace. "I think the precedent of the royal cremation will set a new direction and it will certainly raise the stakes for the establishment," he says.

Thitinan adds that Thailand's democratic institutions are too weak, divided and politicised to manage a smooth succession.

Many ordinary Thais believe the royal family is semi-divine or at the very least divinely anointed. The reverence for Bhumibol, who has ruled for 62 years and is the longest reigning monarch in the world, is a far cry from the constant carping endured by many royal houses. Bhumibol has been a voice of moderation and reason through the decades, and he has devoted his life to Thailand, winning the respect and the visible affection of his subjects. On Mondays, for instance, Bangkok's streets are a sea of royal yellow, worn by government officials, shop assistants and street-stall vendors to signal their fealty to the first family. On Tuesdays, pink is worn - to a lesser degree - because Bhumibol wore a pink shirt on the first day of his recovery from a severe illness.

The affection extends to the king's sister, Princess Galyani Vadhana, who died in January aged 84. Cabinet approved 300million baht ($14 million) for the princess's six-day funeral, which will peak this evening with the cremation of her remains in a specifically built and designed royal crematorium. There had been some early speculation the anti-government militants from the People's Alliance for Democracy would surrender their occupation of the prime minister's compound in time for the royal funeral. But it now appears the PAD protesters, who wear royalist yellow and espouse devotion to the king, had little intention of relinquishing the stronghold they have held since August. Indeed, only this week did they finally agree to remove their blockade of Makawan bridge to permit a royal procession to pass through on its way to the funeral ground.

The PAD has dogged Thai politics since the militants' crucial role in the 2006 bloodless coup that ousted one-time prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, a man they loathe. The largely urban and highly organised protesters have sworn to remain in their tent village in the grounds of the prime minister's offices until the Government, which they consider a Thaksin puppet, is toppled as well. The People's Alliance for Democracy is something of a misnomer: it wants to wind back a democratic election and oust the democratically elected Government led by Thaksin's brother-in-law Somchai Wongsawat.

Many PAD militants, aflame with extreme right-wing thinking, support some kind of appointed government, but they are chary of providing details. Their striking characteristic is their nationalistic ardour and chest-pounding adoration of the royal family.

"I love Thailand, I love the king, I love my land," says PAD militant Jomsivi Saeslim, her lips quivering. "Thaksin is very, very bad." Her comrade, retired government official Suwan Kansanoh, is equally fervent, accusing the Government of vote buying. "We don't want the Thaksin-backed Government here any more and we'll stay put (in the prime minister's compound) until it's gone."

Shaking clackers and chanting, the PAD militants regularly march through central Bangkok. One of their makeshift camps was bombed recently and two of the paramilitary guards were seriously injured. A couple of days later a passer-by gave the camp guards the finger and was shot in the shoulder for his troubles. Tension is escalating in peaceful Thailand. To avoid bloodshed, the Government has yet to call in the police or the military to rid the prime minister's compound of PAD protesters, but government sympathisers have been rattling their sabres, threatening to forcefully evict the invaders.

This slow-motion battle is building inexorably to a climax, and something has to give, but Somchai's People Power Party, the de facto successor to Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai party, is holding the line.

However, the pressure is beginning to tell. Somchai has had to relocate his offices to a disused airport, his Government has been tip-toeing around politically difficult decisions and it has been announced that next month's Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit will be held in the northern town of Chiang Mai, rather than Bangkok, apparently to duck any rancorous PAD protests.

The People Power Party, similar to Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai party, draws its support from the rural north and northeast, and PAD supporters daily expect busloads of government supporters to arrive in Bangkok to begin the battle.

These days every PAD rally comes complete with banners of Thaksin, wanted for "crimes against the Kingdom of Thailand". The militants were jubilant in recent weeks when the tycoon, now living in exile, was convicted for breaking anti-corruption laws in connection with a land deal. A host of other trials are in the offing. Yet Thaksin, like all Thais, looks to the royal family for support. When he phoned in a message to a pro-government rally in recent weeks he mentioned that only "royal clemency" or "royal kindness" would help him return to Thailand. He was immediately slapped down by Thai pundits for presuming to seek the king's favour, and PAD militants last week filed a case of lese-majesty (or offences against the monarchy) against him.

The billionaire tycoon who once owned the Manchester City soccer team is, after all, a convicted criminal and a fugitive who skipped bail and fled to Britain. PAD leader Samran Rodpetch is sure Thaksin is plotting a return. "We believe Thaksin wants to come back and take power again. We want to get him back to make him stand trial (in person), but we know it's really difficult because he's the Prime Minister's brother-in-law."

The PAD militants' battle turned nasty last month when police fired tear gas into a mass rally of PAD protesters trying to stymie the Government's opening session and prevent any mooted changes to the constitution. Dozens were injured, apparently by exploding tear gas canisters, and one young PAD supporter was killed. Bhumibol's wife, Queen Sirikit, went to her funeral, along with senior military officers. Although the monarchy is officially above politics, many Thais regarded the Queen's attendance as tacit support for the PAD movement.

Thitinan says the underlying tensions that led to the 2006 coup are bobbing around on the surface of Thai life. Thailand is divided, he explains, between the traditional elites of the military and the bureaucracy and the poor rural dwellers so effectively courted by the populist Thaksin with his healthcare and micro-credit schemes. Despite his popularity in the countryside, Thaksin's trail of corruption and dubious posturing, his abuses of power, his manipulation of the constitution and the extrajudicial deaths of a crowd of supposed drug-pushers have led to him losing favour so comprehensively that there was little serious resistance when the military shunted his popularly elected government. The coup leaders rapidly made a televised announcement saying Bhumibol endorsed a general, Sonthi Boonyaratkalin, as the head of the temporary military government. The coup generals, wearing yellow armbands to signal loyalty to the monarchy, said they were defending the king and Sonthi, Thailand's apparently reluctant leader, was quick to visit the palace.

Now, two years later, Prime Minister Somchai feels compelled to make it clear to the Thai people that he, too, is the king's champion. In recent weeks he threatened to prosecute anyone who tried to drag the monarchy into politics, saying "the Government, officials, military, police and every Thai must all uphold the monarchy. I have already ordered (officials) to decisively prosecute anyone who criticises the monarchy; no faction should use the monarchy."

This prosecution can be severe. Thailand's heavy-handed lese-majesty laws carry penalties of up to 15 years in prison. Anyone can file a complaint with the police if they are offended on the king's behalf, and people often do, sometimes to serve their own ends. A prominent Thai intellectual was arrested last week, and Australian freelance writer and teacher Harry Nicolaides has been languishing in a Bangkok prison since August 31. Repeatedly denied bail, he still awaits charges.

Pro-Thaksin group protests in front of British embassy in Bangkok

BANGKOK, Nov. 14 (Xinhua) -- Some 150 supporters of a pro-Thaksin group gathered in front of the British embassy in Bangkok Friday morning to protest the British government's revocation of Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's visa to the country.

They burnt effigies of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary David Miliband to show their anger after Britain revoked visas of Thaksin and his wife, Pojaman.

They claimed Thaksin is a good man, and that he is unfairly treated.

About 150 police were deployed to provide security at the embassy. They placed iron barricades to prevent the protesters from getting near the embassy.

Wonder if Koo, LOS32 et al were there with them, proving their undying love for Thakky, the misunderstood man of the people? :o

If these red shirts had any balls or brain cells at all, they'd also be burning effigies of the Thai judges that found Toxin guilty of corruption and handed down a jail sentence of two years to the criminal. Or the Thai PM and Foreign Minister that revoked Toxin's diplomatic passport. Don't tell me he's still using it to try and gain entry to all these countries that keep refusing him, or did he have the foresight to get a copy made in Khao San Road just before he fled the country? :D Should think Milliband and Brown feel highly vindicated now for their decision, seeing the kind of people that support this tyrant, and may even feel slightly stupid for not acting earlier.

Wonder what he's going to do with his house down by the golf course in Weybridge and Kensington luxury appartment, now he's barred from using them? The maids, drivers and butlers must be feeling rather bored these days, with no master to serve. Hope he left them a generous advance or a few million pounds in their bank accounts, like he did over the Alpine Land scandal, back in the days when he could bribe a judge and get away with it. :D

My spleen is drip dry, and has sliding glass doors to allow proper ventilation.

I have never seen ASTV to my knowledge either. PAD speil??? What PAD anything.

See, you say anyone vehemently anti-Thaksin must be Pro-PAD,

if it suits your purposes, but ignores that if reffering to yourself.

So you try to use PAD as an insult. They are but one group of voices.

But I am not insulted by this, even if it seems that is your intent.

Or maybe the intent is just belittling those who disagree with you?

So is THAT your political masterstroke then?

I was once a Thaksin fan, I learned better, and when I see blind ignorance on parade,

to the detriment of Thailand as a whole, I rebut the biliousness when I can.

Occasionally I inject sarcasm and irony, because when one confronts evil

or too much ill feelings face to face for too long, one needs an outlet for the stress.

If you are complaining about the retired Genera Sonthi,

I can's see why; he left the scene 9 months ago.

If you are complaining about Sondhi L. in PAD, at least

get the name right so we can be sure of who you are talking about.

It still amazes me there are those willing to still defend Thaksin

JUST because, they dislike PAD so much.

He made his bed by malfeasances, they just tucked him into it.

Some one called the NCCC 'Gadflys', when if anyone is it's PAD's leadership.

Talk about lack of complexity.

I can see there will be diehard Thaksin fans;

love dies heard when your heart is set on something.

But to be pro Thaksin at this point when he AIN"T making a comeback

is quite myopic, or at least Quixotic. And especially if democracy per se

is your defense, since his own words put paid to that mis-conclusion.

And yet he is still manuvering to create a family dynasty, if that doesn't give you

fear for Thailand you MUST be blindered pretty nicely. He'll control it from afar,

until he can write himself a come home card. This is called meglomania

and is to be ACTIVELY avoided in leaders.

A Familly Business to control a country.

This is not a good thing, and should not be allowed by inaction, or aquiessance by silence.

Certainly the situation IS complex, but becoming silent makes it one sided too.

We have seen for centuries the mistakes of complacency in the face of meglomanias.

He is a greedy misanthrope, who is ultimately getting his just deserts.

We can only hope his down fall doesn't injure the kingdom too much.

But it was as inevitable as night and day, or ying and yang.

Edited by animatic

Looks like party time for the kids in Kensington.

Mommy can't do a surprise visit, so the hot tub can run 24/7

Now that she divorced and a single woman again she can apply for a visitors Visa in her own right and no doubt soon will be heading back to the 'But and Ben' in South Ken.......and the wee pile in Weybridge...

Expect to see her in Thai Sqare next week...yeah... :o ..sawdee..k

Now that she divorced and a single woman again she can apply for a visitors Visa in her own right and no doubt soon will be heading back to the 'But and Ben' in South Ken.......and the wee pile in Weybridge...

She has been convicted of a crime in Thailand and is on the run .... so .... no! She won't be getting a new visa to the UK any time soon!

After so much has been posted in this and other threads regarding the crimes / sentences of the former Mr & Mrs T.S. how is it possible that many posters are so ignorant of these facts. Is it that the above poster, along with many others are so "one-eyed" in their love of the Thaksins that they fail to see or just outright refuse to accept the truth of the court findings and sentences handed down to this pair of miscreants.

Edited by Artisi

But the PAD have gone completely overboard.

How can you say that when Thaskin is still the biggest threat to this country's integrity?

How can you say that when the govt sets up huge rallies with Thaksin taking center stage and openly calling for either Royal pardons or people revolution?

Edited by soundman
No discussion/speculation about the Royal family.

Post and replies have been deleted for flaming, name call and general bickering.

Calm down or this thread and any other Taksin threads where you are all having a go at each other will be closed leaving you all nothing to fight over.

Respect each others views, and if you can't debate a topic in a civilized manner, refrain from hitting the "add reply" button.

This applies to everybody.

Sub-note: the next person to question a moderator's actions, no matter how subtly, in the open forum will lose posting priveledges. This applies to everybody.

Soundman.

Government Spokesman and UDD leading member Nattawut Saikua said on Tuesday that he and Payom Kalayano, the abbot of Suan Kaew Temple, had discussed the preparation for holding a mobile "Truth Today" political talk show. Nattawut said the event is expected to be held on November 23.

Another UDD member and PPP MP Jatuporn Promphan, as one of the hosts of the Truth Today programme, said ousted PM Thaksin Shinawatra can make phone-in speeches to his supporters on every show.

for some reason, some people think a Buddhist temple is an inappropriate and unsuitable location for a mass political rally... with speeches by convicted criminal fugitives...

Senior monks oppose temple hosting of political talk show

Senior monks are opposed to the planned staging of the controversial political talk show Kwam Jing Wan Nee (Truth Today) at Wat Suan Kaew in Nonthaburi. The show would feature a phone-in address by fugitive former PM Thaksin Shinawatra. Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua, one of the co-hosts, said the temple abbot, Phra Phayom Galayano, had given permission for the talk show, which was planned for Nov 23. But a member of the Supreme Sangha Council, Phra Phrom Vajirayarn, disagreed with the temple being used for political purposes. "Behind the Truth Today programme is the pursuit of power and interests tainted with political greed," he said. "The Truth Today programme should be kept away from temples and monks should realise what is considered appropriate limits."

Phra Thep Visutthikavee, secretary to a monastic panel working on behalf of the Supreme Patriarch, was also concerned that a gathering at the temple would be seen as a political rally.

Jatuporn confirmed that Thaksin would phone-in to every show. On Monday, Thaksin said he would continue to address his supporters by phone at future rallies and would make longer speeches and start naming his political enemies.

Pending rioting gang leader charges Natthawut's and Jatuporn's co-defendant Veera is also involved deeply in this political rally at a temple shenanigans... as they all continue to push this...

131108_news03.jpg

Veera Musikhapong, left, led UDD members to Wat Suan Kaew in Bang Kruay district in Nonthaburi province to meet abbot Phra Payom Kalayano, right. The temple will host the ‘Kwam Jing Wan Nee’ (The Truth Today) talk show and pro-government rally on Nov 23.

Bangkok Post / 2008-11-13

161108_news09.jpg

PHRA PAYOM: ‘Dhamma and politics can be integrated.’

Bangkok Post / 2008-11-16

MONK PUTS HIS CREDIBILITY ON THE LINE BY ALLOWING UDD RALLY AT HIS TEMPLE

Phra Payom ready to pull the plug if Thaksin's speech gets out of hand

Phra Payom Kalayano, the abbot of Wat Suan Kaew, has come under heavy criticism over the past week for his plan to open his temple to a UDD rally. The abbot has now retreated a little, stating he will no longer allow a live phone-in interview with fugitive criminal Thaksin Shinawatra on NBT's talk show Truth Today, which was to be broadcast from the temple. Instead, he says he will allow a recorded message to be played. "I won't be able to censor a live interview," said the abbot, "but with a recorded message, if he says inappropriate or damaging things, if things get out of control, I will just pull the plug and cancel the programme." Next Sunday Phra Payom has invited UDD supporters to use the 150 rai of land on his temple grounds in Nonthaburi province for a rally, and expects about 20,000 in red shirts. The abbot also says that PAD supporters and neutral groups are welcome. He added that the temple can hold a maximum of 30,000. Academics have been criticising the move, saying that religion and politics shouldn't mix, that monks should stay out of the affairs of lay people. After all, Buddhist principles relinquish all worldly desires and matters, and hosting a political rally isn't exactly a path to enlightenment. But Phra Payom disagrees.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/161108_News/16Nov2008_news08.php

Just noting that my 'spleen' post above was in response to several points of a deleted flaming post.

So while seeming to be a non sequeter, sort of in the air randomly,

it was a logical, and obviously not deleted post.

I agree with Soundman's deletions, call and response.

Back on topic.

Maybe your post was 'tongue in cheek"? But........

She may be divorced, she may be single but she is a convicted criminal on the run from Thai 'justice'. I very much doubt that the British government will be in any hurry to issue Potjaman Shinawatra any kind of visa.

She has too much baggage and it ain't Louis Vuitton. :D