Bicycle Racing Weekend

T_Dog

Many Downhill and Free Ride bikes will be seen on the west side of Chiang Mai today as a downhill race from Doi Suthep/Doi Pui commences. Tomorrow there is an uphill race from the zoo to Wat Doi Suthep with registration starting at 6 AM. Not sure when the actual race starts but it would be a good photo op for photographers as several hundred bikers in their colorful jerseys pedal there way up the road to Doi Suthep.

post-498-1226102486_thumb.jpg

The road up to Wat Doi Suthep is very popular with cyclists. Every day, dozens of riders can be seen getting their morning workouts, some starting as early as 4 AM. Some mornings I have counted over 50 bikers coming back down as I slowly crank my way up.

Hi T_Dog and others, you may slowly crank up the hill but I bet you have passed me.

I have yet to pass anyone going up, only been passed.

Patting myself on the ,yesterday made it all the way up to the steps of Wat Doi Suthep.

I'm doing my best to release 15 kilos and this seems to be one of the ways.:o

Each day I would go a little further until...I made it. What a great workout.

Edited by sendbaht

Hi T_Dog and others, you may slowly crank up the hill but I bet you have passed me.

I have yet to pass anyone going up, only been passed.

Patting myself on the ,yesterday made it all the way up to the steps of Wat Doi Suthep.

I'm doing my best to release 15 kilos and this seems to be one of the ways.:o

Each day I would go a little further until...I made it. What a great workout.

Congratulations SB! That is truly a great achievement. When I was in my early 30's, the doctor told me to lose 30 pounds or I would not see the age of 40. I took up mountain biking and lost the weight, and found cycling to be so good not only for physical health but also for attitude. The feeling of freedom it gives you is wonderful. I've made thousands of new friends through the sport, and some that I ride with today are in their 70s and 80s. Northern Thailand has some of the best cycling in the world and you see and experience so much more from a bike.

Thanks for sharing your story. I still remember the first time I rode up to the steps.... Congrats again!