Double Pricing

mrmazinkle

how a about a positive thread listing places with no admission charges?

I'll make a start with two near us (Chanthaburi); the Laem Sadet Aquarium, and the Khung Kraben Bay Royal Development Study Center environmental education centre with a 1.6-kilometer-long mangrove forest walkway.

In fact our whole local coastline is free of charge.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great example of the garbage one has to wade through to get to the few nuggets of useful information on this forum.

For the record, I never said there was no double pricing in Thailand (there is lots) and never defended it (I think it is abhorrent, at least when practiced by private businesses).

It's the terming it as "racist" that is dead wrong: the policy is based on nationality, not race in any way, shape, or form.

I don't know how to make it any clearer for you.

Wrong ! Anything based on the color of your skin is Racist, any way you twist it around or try to explain it, It's Racist !

I have white skin and I pay Thai price. Explain that then.

Great example of the garbage one has to wade through to get to the few nuggets of useful information on this forum.

For the record, I never said there was no double pricing in Thailand (there is lots) and never defended it (I think it is abhorrent, at least when practiced by private businesses).

It's the terming it as "racist" that is dead wrong: the policy is based on nationality, not race in any way, shape, or form.

I don't know how to make it any clearer for you.

Wrong ! Anything based on the color of your skin is Racist, any way you twist it around or try to explain it, It's Racist !

Anything based on the colour of your skin is not racist, it is racial,

Bts charges the same, so does 711.

The MRT offers a discount to senior citizens of all nationalities, whilst the Airport Links only offers a discount to senior citizens who are Thai nationals.

Edited by theoldgit

The number of places that practice double-pricing is very small. The number that won't give you the local price on showing a drivers licence or work permit is positively minuscule.

Add Krabi national park to your list.

What evidence of residence did you attempt to use?

The number of places that practice double-pricing is very small. The number that won't give you the local price on showing a drivers licence or work permit is positively minuscule.

Maybe but I find more and more small enterprises are adapting two price system.

For example: I often buy a bottle of water at a small mom and pop store and am usually served by the son ( a kid of about 16). The other day his mom was in the shop and she said to him "farang yisip baht". I complained that it was only 7 baht and that I have been paying that price for a long time. She was stubborn and just kept saying "Farang yisip baht". Ok I now buy water at another shop.

I've been using motorcycle taxis for years and now pay 10 baht per trip. Last week one of the guys said in a rough voice that "farangs pay 20 baht". He also shouts out loud every time I near the place "farang yisip baht" so all the other drivers know. At another soi (Asoke) I was told about 2 weeks ago that fares doubled after 6 pm. Ok I could accept that as of course the traffic is very bad. Last week I came along at 5 pm and they quoted the double price. I said it was only 5 pm. They looked at each other and one of the guys said "double price after 4 pm".