Be Very Careful In Pattya

Beacher

Even with the obvious increase in violent crimes in the Pattaya area, the motive for this murder comes as a terrible shocker.

FROM PATTAYA ONE NEWS:

Suspected murderer caught following shooting from last week.

On Thursday we reported on a murder which took place in front of the LK Market in South Pattaya which led to the death of Khun Alisaman aged 19. At the time Police suspected that an altercation in a Bar earlier in the night may have led to the shooting. This was confirmed by the suspected killer, Khun Ritirong aged 22 who was arrested in Nong Pla Lai sub-district in Banglamung along with a second man, Khun Griengrai aged 20. Khun Ritirong was found in possession of a loaded firearm thought to have been used in the shooting. The second arrestee was found in possession of 1,350 Yabba Tablets and was charged with only the drug offence. Khun Ritirong explained that earlier on Wednesday Night, he spotted the victim dancing and shouting in a manner which suggested he was important and not concerned about those around him. This angered Khun Ritirong who followed the victim and his girlfriend from the pub and shot him as he drove home. He is now facing a lengthy prison term if found guilty of the murder charge and his friend is also facing serious jail time if convicted of the drug charges.

All embassies should issue a serious warning to their residents warning them to stay away from the insanity of Pattaya.

Even with the obvious increase in violent crimes in the Pattaya area, the motive for this murder comes as a terrible shocker.

FROM PATTAYA ONE NEWS:

On Thursday we reported on a murder which took place in front of the LK Market in South Pattaya which led to the death of Khun Alisaman aged 19. At the time Police suspected that an altercation in a Bar earlier in the night may have led to the shooting. This was confirmed by the suspected killer, Khun Ritirong aged 22 who was arrested in Nong Pla Lai sub-district in Banglamung along with a second man, Khun Griengrai aged 20. Khun Ritirong was found in possession of a loaded firearm thought to have been used in the shooting. The second arrestee was found in possession of 1,350 Yabba Tablets and was charged with only the drug offence. Khun Ritirong explained that earlier on Wednesday Night, he spotted the victim dancing and shouting in a manner which suggested he was important and not concerned about those around him. This angered Khun Ritirong who followed the victim and his girlfriend from the pub and shot him as he drove home. He is now facing a lengthy prison term if found guilty of the murder charge and his friend is also facing serious jail time if convicted of the drug charges.

All embassies should issue a serious warning to their residents warning them to stay away from the insanity of Pattaya.

thank goodness i never shout and dance in thai discos acting as if ime important and not concerned about those around me.

If he was high on yaba, anything could have set him off. They don't call it 'crazy medicine' for nothing.

It could probably have happened just about anywhere, not only in Pattaya, as the whole country has a meth problem. The government is just starting a 90-day war on drugs. Supposedly, it won't involve summary executions by the police like the last one did, but hopefully it will reduce the problem a bit.

Will they be the same authorities that will put out a danger warning for being in South London after dark because you will be stabbed ? Or perhaps a warning that if you are anything other than white, you will be kicked to death by Neo-Nazis in Moscow ?

I think not.

FROM PATTAYA ONE NEWS:

thank goodness i never shout and dance in thai discos acting as if ime important and not concerned about those around me.

f that was the reason we all might get shot...........i'm off to the temple,will i be safe there?

This is the same in any country you visit listen to your 6 sense if you feel any bad will or the tension in the air is rising.. pay your bill as quickly as possible and leave without talking to the locals , and go home ,, most disturbances happen in the early morning hours,,

and are all allchol fuelled ie people around you are inebriated.. so just move on and not to the next bar or club move well away or best yet get back to your hotel and dont frequent that region again ,, as if you back again next day may find there still looking for you .

The government is just starting a 90-day war on drugs. Supposedly, it won't involve summary executions by the police like the last one did, but hopefully it will reduce the problem a bit.

Since when did making the drugs harder to get for drug addicts reduce crime. I suppose they got this idea from the US "war on drugs".

All it will do is increase the prices, thereby increasing the profits of pushers and suppliers.

Drug addicts will always get their drugs.

Well for those us who ARE important, people who think they are important are most annoying!

Agreed, whoever you are. Will all you faux and wannabe important people please know your place. The world does in fact revolve around me, and I can prove it

This is the same in any country you visit listen to your 6 sense if you feel any bad will or the tension in the air is rising.. pay your bill as quickly as possible and leave without talking to the locals , and go home ,, most disturbances happen in the early morning hours,,

and are all allchol fuelled ie people around you are inebriated.. so just move on and not to the next bar or club move well away or best yet get back to your hotel and dont frequent that region again ,, as if you back again next day may find there still looking for you .

Good advice if you are hanging out in bars anywhere in the world. What sets people off may vary according to culture, but the outcome is the same everywhere.

TH

Are you serious ?

People who frequent some bars or discos, prostitution (I mean real prostitution, not simple gogo bars), and drug dealers surely know where they go. If no, that's their private problem, and it can't be the job of embassies to inform this kind of people to take care ! In any cities, Pattaya, London, Paris or NYC.

By the way, who is jointly responsible ? Seller or buyer ? Don't forget there are sellers only because there are buyers. For any crab.

Are you serious ?

People who frequent some bars or discos, prostitution (I mean real prostitution, not simple gogo bars), and drug dealers surely know where they go. If no, that's their private problem, and it can't be the job of embassies to inform this kind of people to take care ! In any cities, Pattaya, London, Paris or NYC.

By the way, who is jointly responsible ? Seller or buyer ? Don't forget there are sellers only because there are buyers. For any crab.

You could start at A and go through to Z, Pattaya is quite tame compared to a lot of other places! :o

I like crab, unfortunately it has a time honored habit of not liking me.

I think your supposed to boil then first Taddy :o

Depends if they are the (larger) ocean dwelling kind, or the (smaller) pubic hair dwelling kind (boiling them little buggers would be painful indeed) ! :D

Most large cities do have dangerous areas and most people find out where not to go before or just after they arrive, unfortunatelaty that is the significant difference when it comes to pattaya - there is no such area, you can become a victim almost anywhere even in the busy tourest areas where there are many people around, as advised above - be very carefull especially with the locals and especially at this time when I believe tensions are high due to the lack of money and the seamingly ever increasing drug problem