Australian Visa Application Form

hello ,

I`m sorry to interrupt but I need help regarding which form to use for applying tourist visa (short stay visitor) . There are two form 48 and 48R , 48 is very simple and 48R is very detail. I dont know which one to use, I asked the embassy but they merely asked me to visit their website which did not give information about which one to use.

Can you tell me please?

Remmy

Application Forms: Form 48/48R (48R THA) - for short stay and long stay visitors.

So for short stay it is form 48.

Unfortunately they do not define "short stay" on the tourist visa page so you have to download form to find out. Any stay less than 3 months seems to fit the "short stay" category you then find.

Must be a very user friendly Embassy to tell a person that (or perhaps the person responding did not have a clue?). :o

Lop both of those forms are for both short or long stayand is defined as 3 and 6 months respetively, it's just the 48R seems a bit more detailed.

Have a look at the link to Oz immigration forms and booklets, can understand the confusion.

Admit I do not speak OZ but 48/48R with the slash bar to me would indicate a difference and the second part "short stay and long stay" should be the difference. But guess that is not the meaning.

With language like this how can there by anything but confusion; and if official will not answer question how is someone with English as a second language supposed to know from such a website?

As only the 48R is translated into Thai perhaps that version is the preferred one. But why not say so on an Embassy web site that is dedicated to service that specific country?

Perhaps I am holding them to a higher standard (probably). :o

We have always used the 48R just to make sure we have all bases covered.

I also like the fact that my wife can understand it with the thai translation, (even if she cannot understand my obsession with the documentation).

Hi Thanks for the reply, its really is confusing anyways i think i should use 48R since detailed information is what they want. Maybe 48 is for European countries who dont need to supply such detail info.

Also Id like to know how much money you needed to have in your personal bank account , i know there are no such fixed amount but rough guessing to satisfy the visa officer.

Regards.

remmy

Hi Thanks for the reply, its really is confusing anyways i think i should use 48R  since  detailed information is what they want. Maybe 48 is for European countries who dont need to supply such detail info.

Also Id like to know how much money you needed to have in your personal bank account , i know there are no such fixed amount but rough guessing to satisfy the visa officer.

Regards.

remmy

48R is the one to use....

Money in a bank account.....they mean hers, not yours....enough to cover her costs while here....I rang the embassy here about this 3 days ago, if you are covering her costs, get a stat dec saying that you are supporting her finacially and medically and that you will ensure that she abides by the conditions of the visa (doesnt overstay)...you will find this extremely helpful and as a legal document it is accepted by the embassy there. You will need to supply payslips as proof of income and employment....take at least 6 months worth.

Hi guys (& girls)

I wonder if anybody can give me any advice on how I can get my Thai boyfriend

( yea yea we both male) to Australia. We aplied once for a visitors visa which was

refused of course, the boy comming from Isaan. I have writen suport letters at the time, offerd a securyty deposit and so forth but no go. I just have read the Australian Booklet which gives some tips but I wonder if somebody got any experience with some thing like our case. Money is not a problem but within reason.

Thanks in adv.

I can only give advice from my wife's experience getting a visitors' visa, and I guess in this day and age the rules should apply equally to all relationships.

My wife was refused a visitors twice while still GF/Fiance, both times because she didn't have a compelling reason to return to LOS in the opinion of the case worker.

IMHO once they have made their mind up, that's it.

You will have to come up with a compelling reason for him to return and even then that may not be enough.

I suggest you read all the threads in this section about getting a visitors' visa, and there are many and if you need more advice, start a new thread.

I can only give advice from my wife's experience getting a visitors' visa, and I guess in this day and age the rules should apply equally to all relationships.

My wife was refused a visitors twice while still GF/Fiance, both times because she didn't have a compelling reason to return to LOS in the opinion of the case worker.

You will have to come up with a compelling reason for him to return and even then that may not be enough.

I suggest you read all the threads in this section about getting a visitors' visa, and there are many and if you need more advice, start a new thread.

Thanks Bronc

I keep looking and trying

Thanks Bronc

I keep looking and trying

Writing support letters dont cut it....you need a legal doc....get a stat dec made up and signed by a JP....This is a legal document.

State that the purpose of the visit is for holiday only, make sure you have a time range arranged, the applicant will return to Thailand no later than the ticketed date, No Marriage will take place, You will provide ALL costs incurred, Transport, Financial and medical, That you are aware that if there is any breach of this stat dec that you are liable to have action taken against you under law. If the applicant returns earlier that you will cover any extra ticketing costs. etc.... The more you can put in the better.

According to the person I spoke to at Immigration here in Perth, the stat dec will hold a lot of weight in any weakness in Visa apps.

Not being homophobic, the reason you may have been refused is because of the m/m relationship.

hello there,

another question. is it possible to buy return airticket before getting visa? if yes ; will having return air ticket helps a little bit in convincing the visa officer that the applicant will return to thailand? Also, is it possible to get full refund from airline in case of visa rejection?

Regards,

Remmy

pm email accepted.