November 14 To 19, 2008

midas

I was advised by a Thai that it is considered possibly disrespectful or at least

not advisable to travel within Thailand at the time of The Royal Cremation Ceremony

of Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani.

As this will continue between November 14 to 19, 2008 would anyone know

what is considered acceptable or unacceptable and

if travel by the Thai people themselves will be avoided for the entire 6 days?

I was advised by a Thai that it is considered possibly disrespectful or at least

not advisable to travel within Thailand at the time of The Royal Cremation Ceremony

of Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani.

As this will continue between November 14 to 19, 2008 would anyone know

what is considered acceptable or unacceptable and

if travel by the Thai people themselves will be avoided for the entire 6 days?

Hi Midas:

Not sure what Thai gave you that advice or why, but unpractical and not neccessary. Travel is not restricted or disrespectful but wear black / dark colours on the 16th for sure, and don't throw any big celebrations. BTW, a large portion of the population will visit a Wat on the 16th and tune the proceedings on TV.

Help me pleeeease!

Does anyone have a DEFINITIVE program of events for the cremation of Princess Galyani? I want to take my family to Sanam Luang for the actual cremation but nobody seem to know any actual timings. I work in the tourism industry and have scoured the net for such a program but to no avail. If anybody knows on this forum could they please enlighten me.

Cheers

Roachie

Help me pleeeease!

Does anyone have a DEFINITIVE program of events for the cremation of Princess Galyani? I want to take my family to Sanam Luang for the actual cremation but nobody seem to know any actual timings. I work in the tourism industry and have scoured the net for such a program but to no avail. If anybody knows on this forum could they please enlighten me.

Cheers

Roachie

Maybe this will help...

http://thailand.prd.go.th/list_royal.php

Will this be another "dry" weekend, countrywide then? Just considering plans for the w/e.

This is a country wide event so any restrictions will follow suit. Bet on a dry one, and if you find somewhere that isn't consider it a bonus.

Buy your beer in before the 15th, then it doesn't have to be a dry one!! :o:D:D

Will this be another "dry" weekend, countrywide then? Just considering plans for the w/e.

This is a country wide event so any restrictions will follow suit. Bet on a dry one, and if you find somewhere that isn't consider it a bonus.

Buy your beer in before the 15th, then it doesn't have to be a dry one!! :o:D:D

Buy it before the 14th!

Buy your beer in before the 15th, then it doesn't have to be a dry one!! :D:D:D

Buy it before the 14th!

Yes sorry, your'e right before the 14th. :o

Thanks. :o