Any Place To Look After My Dog For 3 Days ?

Ta22

Hi Ta22,

It's me who runs LuckyDogs boarding and Training Center.

I'll send you a pm.

Nienke

Please send me one too, Nienke, with a map or at least explicit directions to your Centre.

Cheers... :o

I always use Ron at Pooch resort, he really looks after my dog(APBT), If you PM me i will send you his number, he doesn't use cages only runs. The dogs are fed well and in my case my dog needs alot of exercise that is no problem he has a guy who works with him who takes them out for long walks etc.

Ron at Pooch Resort....no cages only runs??

Could you please explain to me the exact definition of cages and runs?

1st...I think, your dog needs a run where you can find a cage...especially during events like Loi Krathong when dogs prefer a cage to sleep in (even better with a mosquitonet to cover-heartworm). Many dogs are afraid of the noise from the fireworks and when they have the possibility to sleep in a cage they feel much more safe than when they're outside in just a run without a place to hide and feel comfortable.

Not to forget a frightened dog will always try to escape...

2nd...I think one of the least acquirments for your dog, is to have him fed well when you bring him to a dog-hotel, right?

3th...a good running dog-hotel with only one guy to take all the dogs for a walk...how long exactly does he take the dogs for a walk? Long, loong, loooong....where is your guarantee? Does the dog look more musceled whe you pick him up after the stay?

Watch out with all the promises...

Grtz,

owner of 8 dogs

Hi Ta22,

It's me who runs LuckyDogs boarding and Training Center.

I'll send you a pm.

Nienke

Please send me one too, Nienke, with a map or at least explicit directions to your Centre.

Cheers... :o

Hi Nienke

Could you please send me one too

Cheers

Ron at Pooch Resort....no cages only runs??

Could you please explain to me the exact definition of cages and runs?

1st...I think, your dog needs a run where you can find a cage...especially during events like Loi Krathong when dogs prefer a cage to sleep in (even better with a mosquitonet to cover-heartworm). Many dogs are afraid of the noise from the fireworks and when they have the possibility to sleep in a cage they feel much more safe than when they're outside in just a run without a place to hide and feel comfortable.

Not to forget a frightened dog will always try to escape...

2nd...I think one of the least acquirments for your dog, is to have him fed well when you bring him to a dog-hotel, right?

3th...a good running dog-hotel with only one guy to take all the dogs for a walk...how long exactly does he take the dogs for a walk? Long, loong, loooong....where is your guarantee? Does the dog look more musceled whe you pick him up after the stay?

Watch out with all the promises...

Grtz,

owner of 8 dogs

Firstly i have no affiliation to Ron and have never worked for him, i just had a look round when i needed an hotel and he seemed to be the best of the ones i looked at, the only reason i didn't use lucky dogs was that they had a lake and pitbulls have a tendency to pick up infections from lakes and river etc. In answer to your statements here are my opinions and only my opinions nothing more.

1. The dogs are in the runs during the day i.e not caged all day in a 6ft by 4ft cage like some places, during the night they are taken to the runs inside, each dog again has its own space, a lot of space and a clean basket to sleep in.

2. regarding food, i would rather my dog have good food rather than left over rice and other crap that some places give to them. Regarding muscle its a pitbull they are have natural muscle so no i never notice.

3. they don't have room for alot of dogs their as they used the space to give each dog more room, so 1 guy plus the owner is more than enough to make sure each dog is exercised enough each day.

at the end of the day the op asked for an opinion and options, i gave mine, so please get off your high horse if this doesn't match yours as we all can't have the same, other wise if would be a boring world.

regards

TM

Ok I bite.

Pond/lake:

If the only reason for Thaimiller was the lake, then I can happily inform you that there is a door to this ‘lake’, which can be closed while the dogs still can run and play in the playcamp.

Pack animals:

Dogs are social animals, just like us humans, meaning that most dogs feel more comfortable and enjoy it much more (they often will play with each other) when they are with one or more doggy mates. This is both for their mental as well as their physical health much better. For pups it is an absolute MUST for a proper socialization that they stay with other dogs, and are not kept alone.

Based on this at LuckyDogs we normally look for a suitable doggy companion for each dog. Only those who cannot go with other dogs due to aggression issues, those of which the owners prefer them to stay separate, and unfortunately dogs of the fighting breeds (except pups) will be kept alone in one kennel. These dogs receive more human attention.

Don’t forget that at home many dogs may be the only dog, but they are NOT alone, they are with their human pack members.

Injuries

Sure enough playing dogs can get scratches and bruises (just like playing children), especially those with short coats. But IMO and IME this is far less bad than dogs being under continuous stress when they are kept alone. Continuous stress can cause disease.

Cages

Furthermore, the dogs are kept in several large enclosures, which you also can call runs or kennels. Although, I’m fully aware that some people don’t like the idea of cages, we still have them and keep them. When a dog is anxious or frightened it prefers to stay in a small partly-enclosed area. This is what the cages offer, and I can see all too often that a first-timer will initially stay in the cage by own choice while the door is wide open till it feels safe enough to come out to have a look and sniff around.

Last night with all the fireworks (almost sounded like war broke out) was one of those moments when I’m really happy with these cages. When still loose in their enclosures there’s a lot of barking going on with each bang, showing a lot of stress in these dogs. Once in their cages it was quiet. They went to sleep. Or the little poodle that just came in this afternoon. He is very anxious and does not want to come out of the cage whatsoever. He needs time.

Of course, there are exceptions, such as the German Shepherd that had such a fear for big bangs, that he would break out of anything. With such a dog you just need to sit until the firework or the thunder is over, no matter what time of day or night. I do not use any sedatives in these cases. Although in some cases it will make them more relaxed, the danger is there that it can have the opposite effect to the dog, making its fear many times worse.

Sand

Next to a normal floor we have sand in the enclosures. Some people get a fit when they see that. Also this is consciously chosen.

It is generally known that when a dog, especially the heavy breeds and puppies, walk, run and play only on hard surfaces it can cause (severe and life-times) injuries to their joints. Playing on the sand will make the muscles in feet and paws stronger, just as it is for us good to walk/jog on the beach. Besides this, dogs in general love to dig holes in which they will lie down to rest.

Ticks and fleas do not thrive in sand.

Food

At LuckyDogs normally the dogs and cats are fed Hill’s Science Diet. On request of the owner, some guest dogs are fed a raw food diet, they get cooked meals or the owners provide the food themselves. (When we talk ‘cat’, however, it usually is the cat who decides what it wants to eat. I have currently a cat that goes only for Friskies Ocean mix)

Right i understand now, if i mention anyone else apart from the sponsors i'm wrong, well here goes in MY OPINION, i think ron is the guy to look after my dog, i prefer the food at dukes, i buy my books from the 99 baht book shop and i got my house through chiang mai habitat.

Right i understand now, if i mention anyone else apart from the sponsors i'm wrong, well here goes in MY OPINION, i think ron is the guy to look after my dog, i prefer the food at dukes, i buy my books from the 99 baht book shop and i got my house through chiang mai habitat.

and I swear I've seen his tilac sleeping in the cage with mossy netting whilst the killer sleeps inside with him.

:o

Intersting to note to ya as well TM that the white dog still lives next dog. The owners brown one dropped dead in my front yard last week ( not kidding) ...white one seems mellow now.

and I swear I've seen his tilac sleeping in the cage with mossy netting whilst the killer sleeps inside with him.

Intersting to note to ya as well TM that the white dog still lives next dog. The owners brown one dropped dead in my front yard last week ( not kidding) ...white one seems mellow now.

It still barks and chases anything that goes by, whats happened to the pups? ive not seen them since the white dog moved next to you. You've not be having a bar-b-q have you john :D

It still barks and chases anything that goes by, whats happened to the pups? ive not seen them since the white dog moved next to you. You've not be having a bar-b-q have you john :D

Tastes like chicken... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Pack animals:

Dogs are social animals, just like us humans, meaning that most dogs feel more comfortable and enjoy it much more (they often will play with each other) when they are with one or more doggy mates. This is both for their mental as well as their physical health much better.

Yes, true if they are socialized. Nevertheless, many times they are not and have been kept all their life as a companion of their owners. Also, the time to get acquainted to each other, the new environment, etc. causes stress to dogs. The noisy environment of dogs barking and fighting causes stress. And that causes diseases.

It all depends on the individual dog. Nevertheless, the more dogs are being mixed and kept in the same pool, the more likely it is that they will catch an illness they haven't had before. Their immune system cannot develop enough defenses against the great amount of pathogenic agents.

For pups it is an absolute MUST for a proper socialization that they stay with other dogs, and are not kept alone.

Yes, for Pups it is better. Not a MUST. But that wasn't in question.

Regarding the packs you said: Based on this at LuckyDogs we normally look for a suitable doggy companion for each dog.

I think that this is great. And you will always find a couple of them to make groups big enough so there are enough kennels for all of them. :o

And here comes your little exception to the rule: Only those who cannot go with other dogs due to aggression issues, those of which the owners prefer them to stay separate, and unfortunately dogs of the fighting breeds (except pups) will be kept alone in one kennel. These dogs receive more human attention.

My only question now is: for how many hours do you walk each dog per day?

Also you said: - Don't forget that at home many dogs may be the only dog, but they are NOT alone, they are with their human pack members.

-And that is why human attention is more important for most of the dogs. How many hours of attention can YOU give each dog?

Regarding injuries you said:

"Sure enough playing dogs can get scratches and bruises (just like playing children), especially those with short coats. But IMO and IME this is far less bad than dogs being under continuous stress when they are kept alone. Continuous stress can cause disease. "

Yes. But for the short time some dogs are in the kennel, they will underlie constant stress from the new environment, smells and sounds. Dogs are much more affected by the changes than humans and therefore they would need more human attention. You can setup a group of people to spend a weekend together, but with a group of dogs it is much more difficult.

The better and safer way would be for the dog to be together with humans who know about the special situation.

Cages

Furthermore, the dogs are kept in several large enclosures, which you also can call runs or kennels. Although, I'm fully aware that some people don't like the idea of cages, we still have them and keep them.

When you speak of "we", does that mean you and others have taken the decision?

When a dog is anxious or frightened it prefers to stay in a small partly-enclosed area.

Great. Why don't you avoid the reasons for the dogs getting anxious instead of treating the symptoms with small cages?

This is what the cages offer, and I can see all too often that a first-timer will initially stay in the cage by own choice while the door is wide open till it feels safe enough to come out to have a look and sniff around.

If I was offered a safe cell in a loud and wild jail, I know I would opt for the same.

Last night with all the fireworks (almost sounded like war broke out) was one of those moments when I'm really happy with these cages. When still loose in their enclosures there's a lot of barking going on with each bang, showing a lot of stress in these dogs. Once in their cages it was quiet.

The smelly cages for these three days of the year are fine.

They went to sleep. Or the little poodle that just came in this afternoon. He is very anxious and does not want to come out of the cage whatsoever. He needs time.

He needs love and care. He does not need time. He has a lot of it, you too little. Maybe have a few drinks less in the bar of the other advertisers.

Sand

Next to a normal floor we have sand in the enclosures. Some people get a fit when they see that. Also this is consciously chosen.

So you want them to get a fit, huh? :D
It is generally known that when a dog, especially the heavy breeds and puppies, walk, run and play only on hard surfaces it can cause (severe and life-times) injuries to their joints.

If it would be generally known, why do you still have concrete floors? Let me give the answer: because it is easier, therefore cheaper to water the shit down the drain.

How much of the lifetime do the dogs usually spend in your installations that you put more focus on orthotics than on hygiene?

Playing on the sand will make the muscles in feet and paws stronger, just as it is for us good to walk/jog on the beach. Besides this, dogs in general love to dig holes in which they will lie down to rest.

Ticks and fleas do not thrive in sand.

But urine does.

Generally saying: Small kennels help the inmates to overcome their fear. Keeping them in a pack is natural, although they were dropped off by a human, not a dog. Sand helps the guests to strengthen their tendons. :D

Also in all of your advertisments it is interesting that you don't have the same strong focus on the beautiful cages and other hundreds of guests enjoying their stay in these carefully designed installations socializing and taking care of each others needs.

No, seriously: you know that the owners want a lot more human attention than you are giving. You show fotos of yourself petting, caring and touching the doggies. There are never more than 2 dogs in a picture. In reality you keep the dogs packed in cages and let the dogs out to play in the sand just hoping they will shit earlier and produce less work cleaning the cages.

No long walks, no personal attention. A lot of inmates on too little space. Noisy, ancious and aggressive kennel-life. I respect that you have to earn a living with this, that most of your clients would not pay more for a better service and so on and eating meat myself, I am no-one to criticize how you are earning your living. But I don't eat meat telling everybody else, I am doing it because that was the best thing for the cow to happen.

Sheez, Taikai, what happened to you? Is that really you or is it someone else who is using your account?

It's quite an attack that post of yours, I've got to say. Not very kind of you, don't you think?

Last time I met your girlfriend and you you were very friendly. Can't recall we had any unpleasant encounters and we met a few times. Never you showed that you had a problem with me (it sounds like you carry a personal grudge against me). You told me that after boarding your dog at my place he was doing very fine. You were pleased with the set-up, the enclosures, the playcamp with the pond and how clean it is at my place.

I see the further you come in your post the more angry and insulting you become. There are more and more accusations.

Based on the times we've met and, of what you told me, what you say and the way you say it in your post, plus that it took a little while before posting, I get strongly the impression that it's not you who is talking but some one else.

I wonder who that is?

I would like to say that whenever we go on holiday we put our dogs in with Lucky Dogs (Nienke). The dogs love it especially the fact that they can go swimming. We have never had any anything but pleasant experiences and found Nienke to be very helpful in all respects.

Sheez, Taikai, what happened to you? Is that really you or is it someone else who is using your account?

It's quite an attack that post of yours, I've got to say. Not very kind of you, don't you think?

Last time I met your girlfriend and you you were very friendly. Can't recall we had any unpleasant encounters and we met a few times. Never you showed that you had a problem with me (it sounds like you carry a personal grudge against me). You told me that after boarding your dog at my place he was doing very fine. You were pleased with the set-up, the enclosures, the playcamp with the pond and how clean it is at my place.

I see the further you come in your post the more angry and insulting you become. There are more and more accusations.

Based on the times we've met and, of what you told me, what you say and the way you say it in your post, plus that it took a little while before posting, I get strongly the impression that it's not you who is talking but some one else.

I wonder who that is?

I would just like to add that my 3 animals have stayed at Nienke's on many occasions and I'm quite satisfied with the conditions/care. One of the dogs is generally frightened of people (was tortured as a puppy) and she allowed Nienke and staff to touch her carefully after the 2nd visit. I know that if the animals are sick, they will be taken to the vet and treated accordingly (has happened). I think that people should visit any boarding establishments and see for themselves. All this bad-mouthing is getting to be a nasty side of ThaiVisa and is a reason why I come on the site much less frequently.

Nienke @ Lucky Dogs helped my wife and I train our Bangkaew "Chego", she is very friendly, open and honest, her kennels are large, clean and professionally run, the dogs that were there looked happy, healthy and well cared for.

I recommend Lucky Dogs 100%, and would not hesitate to use the kennels again if the need ever presented itself.