How/where To Learn Website Design In Bkk?

Scott123

I am interested in learning website design for e-commerce. Anybody knows how to get started? Is there any vocation school or evening classes in BKK that teach this subject (in English)? or perhaps I can find a private tutor (but needs to speak English). How much would be the rate for a private tutor?

back in the day i taught myself. the internet is a free education. i would start with learning HTML and CSS- the basic building blocks of a site. once you understand how it works you can move into the actual designing with Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc. you can also play around with CMSs such as Joomla, which help you make a site with more well-rounded functionality. i started with this site... be patient and keep at it, it takes about 6 months minimum to be adept at it.

My recommendation is definitely to teach yourself by reading or if you don't have the

patience for reading, you can find some really great video tutorials. One company that

stands out of the crowd is www.totaltraining.com ( total training ). They might be a bit pricey because they are of

a very high production quality. I think I saw some at pantip heavily discounted :o

They have step from beginner, intermediate and advanced and in many various categories covering HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Flash etc.

Another company is Lynda www.lynda.com they are good too but I think total training is more professionally executed.

Hope you can use my information and good luck :D

Edited by mads

I am interested in learning website design for e-commerce. Anybody knows how to get started? Is there any vocation school or evening classes in BKK that teach this subject (in English)? or perhaps I can find a private tutor (but needs to speak English). How much would be the rate for a private tutor?

The best idea is to start with an idea. Any idea for a website, in your case, e-commerce.

Start building it. It is going to be slow and sometimes painful, but the best way to learn and really know your site is by doing it yourself from scratch.

There are tons of tools out there to create virtually anything. The key here is the idea and your own imagination. The rest, if you really want it done, will sort itself out.