Opening language school

Hi there, me and my Thai girlfriend and her friend want to set up a language school, but we are not sure of the proceedures of how this would be done.

We want to do it so that we all have an equal share in it, but I am not sure that as a foreigner, I would be allowed to do so.

Also, I read on this website that you have to have 2 million baht if you want to set up any sort of company in Thailand, is this true?

Does anybody know of any other rules and regulations we need to comply with?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shippo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, me and my Thai girlfriend and her friend want to set up a language school, but we are not sure of the proceedures of how this would be done.

What nationality is your Thai GF friend? Your nationality?

Also, I read on this website that you have to have 2 million baht if you want to set up any sort of company in Thailand, is this true?

Depend on your answers above. Do you plan on working in the business?

I'm happy to give you my comments when I know more.

Hi there, thanks for replying, I had given up hope on this thread.

My nationality is british and the friend of my thai girlfriend is also thai.

And yes, I do plan on working in and co-owning the business

Shippo

"We want to do it so that we all have an equal share in it, but I am not sure that as a foreigner, I would be allowed to do so"

This then should be no problem. 33.3% of the shares per each shareholder. .1% split up among the remaing 4 shareholders. (Must have 7 shareholders in a limited company.)These other 4 shareholders can be any nationality.

You'll need 2 million registered capital to form the company and get a work permit if its a bar/ restaurant. Various legal ways to accomplish this goal. If it's a software company or mfg you may even just need 1 million for a BOI approval and get unlimited workpermits. Feel free to e-mail us.