Last Will And Testement:

elephantspike

Posted on another website's forum:

A farang neighbor of mine had his stay in paradise abruptly ended a while back when a bus driver high on something hit him in traffic. The guy had left explicit written instructions that he was to be cremated here in Pattaya and his ashes scattered in the Gulf,all at the minimum cost available. But through a process no one seems to be able to trace, the body ended up being flown back to Germany for burial, with a considerable bill for various expenses and air freight, which got taken from his bank account. His Thai lady friend, to whom he was not married, had no apparent legal or practical way to stop it.

I would like the same disposition of my remains by cremation and scattering of ashes, and have so instructed my Thai companion and friends. My Thai will also provides for cremation, but wills take days and weeks to process. And none of my friends and acquaintances here has any legal relations to me and, like that dead neighbor's girl friend, might be helpless to stop the wheels of thai bureaucracy.

Question: how does a farang expat who may die suddenly and without warning, still arrange to be cremated and dispersed here at minimal cost, with some assurances that his wishes will be expeditiously effected upon his death ?

Any ideas here?

The Thai authorities will basically do as they ###### well please in situations such as this.

If the farang has a wife in Thailand, then the decision will be hers'.

If not, next of kin in his home country will have to use the Farang's embassy to sort out things as per his wishes. Next of kin will probably have to come to Thailand tho.