Tot To Spend Bt3.341 Billion To Expand Broadband Network

george

TOT to spend Bt3.341 billion to expand broadband network

BANGKOK: -- TOT will spend Bt3.341 billion to expand its wireless and fixed-line broadband-Internet network over the next three years.

The move will keep pace with growth in the company's subscriber numbers, which is expected to surge from 650,000 now to 3.3 million within the next three years. TOT expects Bt4 billion in revenue from broadband-Internet service this year.

-- The Nation 2008-11-14

TOT to spend Bt3.341 billion to expand broadband network

TOT expects Bt4 billion in revenue from broadband-Internet service this year.

-- The Nation 2008-11-14

With the same amount booked as profit as they have spend nothing on service and infrastructure.

Don't be such a nay-sayer.

This is good news, there are expansion planes in the UK too so Thailand doing this as well can only mean better speeds.

I remember it being a lot slower a few years ago you know :o

as long as they don't buy international bandwidth it will stay the same.I'm sure you know the principle of a bottle neck.Making the bottle bigger doesn't improve anything.

Title is wrong, should say "TOT to spend Bt3.341 billion to fix broadband network."

I hope it helps :o and yes, don't be such nay-sayers. On the one hand, it's just silly to assume that TOT somehow is not aware of the international bottleneck. On the other hand, any investment in broadband is good news for the internet in Thailand. Because the alternative would be no investment.

Until CAT,which controls the ONLY international gateway in and out of Thailand, spends some money it will all be fruitless for any ISP to spend money to expand broadband here in Thailand.

For those that don't like us being nay-sayers look at the mess that 3G is in this country. The hodge podge of government agencies that run things is the main culprit in Thailand being the back water of communications in Asia.

We can only thank True for lighting the fire under TOT, TT&T and CAT in the first place or we would still be on dial up.

Throwing money at a problem will not make it go away. The money has to be spend wisely and that is something I have not seen done by any government agency or utility in this country.

Until CAT,which controls the ONLY international gateway in and out of Thailand, spends some money it will all be fruitless for any ISP to spend money to expand broadband here in Thailand.

For those that don't like us being nay-sayers look at the mess that 3G is in this country. The hodge podge of government agencies that run things is the main culprit in Thailand being the back water of communications in Asia.

We can only thank True for lighting the fire under TOT, TT&T and CAT in the first place or we would still be on dial up.

Throwing money at a problem will not make it go away. The money has to be spend wisely and that is something I have not seen done by any government agency or utility in this country.

The CAT monopoly on the international gateway has long been broken!

Almost every major ISP owns its own gateway nos, with only a connection to CAT as a back up!

inetmap112008.gif

Everything marked IIG (International Internet Gateway) or outside connections.

TOT, Csloxinfo, True, TT&T all have their own gateways.