Consecutive Tourist Visas

Hello,

I have been in Thailand for nearly six months. The first three were on 30 day visa exemptions on arrival. I then went to Panang to get a 60 day tourist visa. I have since had the tourist visa extended for another 30 days at the immigration office for 1900 baht. My boyfriend has recently gotten a job here and has a work permit, and I want to stay with him.

Here is my question: Is it possible to leave thailand and get another 60 day tourist visa, or do I have to leave and then return on a 30 day visa exemption? I would rather get another tourist visa as that means I will not have to do another visa run for 90 days including the extension. I am currently looking for a job that will get me a work permit, but my current tourist visa extension expires in 10 days.

Thanks for your help!

You can get another 60 day tourist visa.

It is also possible to get a 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane Laos which means you would only have to make a border run after 90 days instead of getting a new visa.

Is it possible to get a 2 entry in Panang or only Vientien. I am in Phuket now so Lao is a bit of a treck. Thanks for the speedy response btw. :o

Penang is a maybe. Here is a link to a guest house that also acts as an agent for visa's and normally gives quick responses to emails. They should be able to give you the latest info. Also a member recently reported that Penang now does same day service for Tourist visas.

Link: http://www.banananewguesthouse.com/

Edited by ubonjoe