Double Entry Visa

hi i am not sure what that means about only good for 3 months but i can tell you i got a two month visa from Laos came back and crossed there in two months and got another 2 months no one blinked very easy and simple

Yes because you made your second entry before the 3 month expiry date.

Don't forget that you can extend your 60 days by a further 30 days at Immigration.

hi i am not sure what that means about only good for 3 months but i can tell you i got a two month visa from Laos came back and crossed there in two months and got another 2 months no one blinked very easy and simple

Great!

I get 6 months out of a double entry tourist visa which is valid for 3 months. That's also very easy and simple with no blinking. :o

Stay tuned and someone may explain how it's done.

Be aware that double entry tourist visas from Vientiane are only valid for 3 months.

Naughty reply Tropo. They are not valid for 3 months, but for 6 - as you well know. You are playing silly bu##ers witt that reply - in my opinion.

What about if i get one in London for 2 or 3 entries? Would it be 3 or 6 months?

Be aware that double entry tourist visas from Vientiane are only valid for 3 months.

Naughty reply Tropo. They are not valid for 3 months, but for 6 - as you well know. You are playing silly bu##ers witt that reply - in my opinion.

As far as I know it is 3 months.

The way I read this, and I know for a FACT that some consulates do this, that means with a double entry tourist visa, you have only 3 months to ACTIVATE both the first AND the second entry. So if you time it incorrectly, your second entry will be a throwaway.

Edited by Jingthing

Excuse me sir, but I don't play "silly bu##ers" on the Thai visa forum.

I'll capatalize this so you and everyone else will understand:

ALL TOURIST VISAS FROM VIENTIANE ARE ONLY VALID FOR 3 MONTHS.

This is not an opinion but a fact.

With correctly timed visa extensions and one visa run you will be able to stay for 6 months (actually a few days short of 6 months) on one of these.

Edited by tropo

What about if i get one in London for 2 or 3 entries? Would it be 3 or 6 months?

All tourist visas have a use before date. That means you have to use the 2nd entry before that date.

I don't know what you will get in London. Some consulates will give a 6 month use before date on a 3 entry tourist visa.

If in the UK you can contact the consulate in Hull they may issue you a non-o multiple entry visa to visit friends.

All tourist visas have a use before date. That means you have to use the 2nd entry before that date.

I don't know what you will get in London. Some consulates will give a 6 month use before date on a 3 entry tourist visa.

If in the UK you can contact the consulate in Hull they may issue you a non-o multiple entry visa to visit friends.

I've never heard of a double entry tourist visa valid for only 3 months being issued anywhere else but Vientiane. Issued back at home (Australia) they are all valid for 6 months.

I've never heard of a double entry tourist visa valid for only 3 months being issued anywhere else but Vientiane. Issued back at home (Australia) they are all valid for 6 months.

Buenos Aires

Edited by Jingthing

Buenos Aires

Are you sure? Maybe they are single entry tourist visas.

I am sure. DOUBLE ENTRY. Why would I mention it if I wasn't sure?

Many people mention stuff even if they are not sure. I know you're on a retirement visa so I would expect that your knowledge of tourist visas would be limited and/or dated. I don't even know why you bother posting in these threads. You certainly wouldn't catch me posting in a retirement visa thread.

I still don't believe it. Do you have any evidence to back up this claim that double entry tourist visas obtained in Buenos Aires are valid for only 3 months?

Alright, I just went to the embassy yesterday, and this is what happened, I was there late, 10:30am, had to wait to get in the gates, then had to get the form to apply, after filling out the form while in line, of let say two hundred others, really busy day.

I was reading the form, and it does NOT mention double entry visas. It does mention what you apply for, Tourist, Transit and Non-Immigrant. The tourist visa is only valid for 60days max. The non-immigrant was 90days max, but I do not have work permits to apply for that.

Then I got the bad new at 12noon, the visa service was closed, so everyone that was still in line had to leave!

Will update you the next time I try again, since I still have another regular entry to Thailand, I'll wait till my next trip up to find out about this so called double entry visa.

Pm me if anyone thinks they really know the system. Mis-information makes bad reps for everyone concerned.

jasperguy

Another Monday in Vientiane report.

You will get a double entry. Write 2 entry by the check mark for tourist visa and also tell them you want a 2 entry.

When you go to pay and if they only ask for 1000 baht tell them again you want a 2 entry.

Alright, I just went to the embassy yesterday, and this is what happened, I was there late, 10:30am, had to wait to get in the gates, then had to get the form to apply, after filling out the form while in line, of let say two hundred others, really busy day.

I was reading the form, and it does NOT mention double entry visas. It does mention what you apply for, Tourist, Transit and Non-Immigrant. The tourist visa is only valid for 60days max. The non-immigrant was 90days max, but I do not have work permits to apply for that.

Then I got the bad new at 12noon, the visa service was closed, so everyone that was still in line had to leave!

Will update you the next time I try again, since I still have another regular entry to Thailand, I'll wait till my next trip up to find out about this so called double entry visa.

Pm me if anyone thinks they really know the system. Mis-information makes bad reps for everyone concerned.

jasperguy

It has been reported that Monday is not a good day to go. Too busy.

When you fill in your Visa Application Form put : X2 next to Tourist Visa

jasperguy

Here you are complaining about people giving mis-information when in fact you are the one guilty of that.

A tourist visa from Vientiane is valid for 90 days, not 60.

I always turn up at the consulate at about 7:30 am. Last week I was 4th in line at 7:30 am on a Wednesday. On a Monday it would be an absolute necessity to get there really early.

There's a very long thread on this subject. Look it up. If you'd have read it before you made the trip you would have already had a completed application form in hand when you arrived at the consulate, you would have gotten there on time and you would have scored a double-entry tourist visa...valid for 90 days.

Better luck next time.

Edited by tropo

I still don't believe it. Do you have any evidence to back up this claim that double entry tourist visas obtained in Buenos Aires are valid for only 3 months?

Yes. It was just a few years ago. I could post a pic of the visa but I won't, you can choose to either believe me or not. I was told this is their FIRM POLICY (because I questioned it) and they do not care that other embassies do it differently. You are correct, they could have changed their policy since then, but I DOUBT IT.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes it is for 90 days.

But will only give a 60 day permission to stay. Extendible for a further 30 days at Immigration.

He clearly got his terminology wrong.

jasperguy. There is so much information about this subject on here. The vast majority being correct.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

Yes it is for 90 days.

But will only give a 60 day permission to stay. Extendible for a further 30 days at Immigration.

He clearly got his terminology wrong.

jasperguy. There is so much information about this subject on here. The vast majority being correct.

Thank you Lite Beer, your clarification is now understood. I thought I did mentioned that the form says what I quoted.

And thanks all that you should place 2 entries beside the tourist check mark. That, I would have missed entirely.

It is actually good that I did not get the visa that day, since I do have 30 days that was left on my current situation. Well, I am back in BKK and don't have to worry about the visa run till next month. It was a nice visit up there anyhow. Even went to

vang vieng for some tubing fun. Took the local bus 30,000kips and had no hassles with the vip bus dropping you away from town.

:o

...With correctly timed visa extensions and one visa run you will be able to stay for 6 months (actually a few days short of 6 months) on one of these.

Tropo - I still can't get used to the EXACT terminology for those who are not are in the know. You are, asnd so am I. 2 entries

means, with extensions - 6 months. Yes of course you have to enter Thailand on/or before the date on the visa but i thought by now, that was a given.

:o

Excuse me sir, but I don't play "silly bu##ers" on the Thai visa forum.

I'll capatalize this so you and everyone else will understand:

ALL TOURIST VISAS FROM VIENTIANE ARE ONLY VALID FOR 3 MONTHS.

This is not an opinion but a fact.

With correctly timed visa extensions and one visa run you will be able to stay for 6 months (actually a few days short of 6 months) on one of these.

Tropo - I still can't get used to the EXACT terminology for those who are not are in the know. You are, asnd so am I. 2 entries

means, with extensions - 6 months. Yes of course you have to enter Thailand on/or before the date on the visa but i thought by now, that was a given.

I'm a bit baffled by your reply. Nothing is a "given" because new members seeking info join this forum all the time.

A 3 month tourist visa can give you UP TO 6 months depending on when you enter and exit and timing the extension correctly. My current tourist visa will only give me 5 months because I'll be heading out before I can get my first extension.