Thaksin And Potjaman Divorce In Hong Kong

george

This is a pretty amazing thread. I do love Thai Visa because it brings out the best in people. The haters remind me of the witch burnings in Salem, Massachusetts combined with modern conspiracy theorists. I smell the blood but I have to wonder where is all the hate going to be focused when Thaksin goes down? These people should look at the big picture and focus some of this energy on helping the Thai people in some way. One should realize that Thaksin is on the run and will eventually get his due. Do any of the haters realize that if Thaksin is brought back or surrenders to serve jail time that event will be more divisive, polarizing the common Thai, more than anything else possibly could?

There is an obvious PR attempt to scew / spin the image of Thaksin

in the foreign language world for his own ends.

Many here are making efforts to counteract that misleading disinformation flow,

to help prevent his having an easy base of operations and unwarranted international

support to wreak more havock on this lovely country.

Few actually HATE Thaksin.

But no doubt many are afraid of his potential vindictiveness if he ever returns to power.

As to a comment on flaming him, but not other TVF members.

Members can't flame mambers.

But public figures are fair play, but their nature of becoming public figures.

Actually, there is a member called "Thaksin" , http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-m3483.html

Cant agree with you that " Few actually HATE Thaksin. " It is there, just thinly veiled.

Certainly a lot of members seem to derive some sadistic pleasure from hounding the man.

Edited by mc2

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a pretty amazing thread. I do love Thai Visa because it brings out the best in people. The haters remind me of the witch burnings in Salem, Massachusetts combined with modern conspiracy theorists. I smell the blood but I have to wonder where is all the hate going to be focused when Thaksin goes down? These people should look at the big picture and focus some of this energy on helping the Thai people in some way. One should realize that Thaksin is on the run and will eventually get his due. Do any of the haters realize that if Thaksin is brought back or surrenders to serve jail time that event will be more divisive, polarizing the common Thai, more than anything else possibly could?

There is an obvious PR attempt to scew / spin the image of Thaksin

in the foreign language world for his own ends.

Many here are making efforts to counteract that misleading disinformation flow,

to help prevent his having an easy base of operations and unwarranted international

support to wreak more havock on this lovely country.

Few actually HATE Thaksin.

But no doubt many are afraid of his potential vindictiveness if he ever returns to power.

As to a comment on flaming him, but not other TVF members.

Members can't flame mambers.

But public figures are fair play, but their nature of becoming public figures.

Actually, there is a member called "Thaksin" , http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-m3483.html

and he's even threatening us with one of his Drug Wars!?!?! :o:D

Why are people so incredibly foolish as to fool with dope in places like BKK? They know the consequences.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...ost&p=45592

Edited by sriracha john

THAKSINLAND... here we come.... :o

According to Sakda, many Puea Thai Party MPs expected Mrs Yinglak Shinawatra [Thaksin's sister] to lead their Party and she would become the first Thai female Prime Minister. :D:D

May I present Thailand's first female Prime Minister Yinglak Shinawatra....

200px-Yinglak_shinawatra.jpgYinglakShinawatra.jpg

former Chairman of the Board of Directors of SC Asset (think Shin Corp)

She seems OK, looks a bit young to be PM though.

Thaksin is an old old Thai name, including for a ancient Thai General.

But in this day the name refers to one individual.

Sadistic pleasure you say, how drole of you.

Hounding the man what like Frankenstiens monster

and villagers with pitchforks and torches.

What an imagination you have.

The idea of a Shinawatra family controled Thailand dynasty

is just anathema for many here. A non-starter, accursed outcome.

And that seems clearly to be his aim. Bring the country of Thailand,

firmly under the control of Thaksin Shinawatra and extended family.

This is a scary thing to behold and maybe THAT has a lot to do with the

railing against him in TV.

Edited by animatic

YinglakShinawatra.jpg Yingluck Shinawatra: Marital Status-unknown.

Is Thailand ready for a female Prime Minister?

Thailand is ready for any PM, male or female, who will work honestly and openly and put the people first.

That sums it up well.

Yingluck Shinawatra has PM. She has my vote. 200 Baht in my pocket please.

Wow i didnt think you could personaly attack somebody on this forum,wonders never cease.does this give every body the right to call somebody realy bad words on here.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see,who is first.

These type of threads always descend into a hate orgy by the anti-Thanksin mobs.

If Thaksin was a member of this forum , most of you lot would be banned for flaming by now.

The internet now allows the peasants to think that they have a voice equal to the people who go out into the world and actually do things. Best con job in ages. Keep on whinging away folks, Thaksin is probably reading this thread now and recanting his lifes' actions because of it.

Thaksin is an old old Thai name, including for a ancient Thai General.

But in this day the name refers to one individual.

If you're thinking of King Taksin, then it's a completely different name from Thaksin, with a different initial vowel and consonant. They just look similar when written in English.

:D Do people want politicians or models? :D

You made my day. You always have excellent observations / statements.

Would you settle for a model politician, one who is fair, ethical and, above all, honest? :o

Edited by ratcatcher

Well certainly Yingluk would raise the viewship of her press conferences! Belle femme for sure.

She seems to have some lights on inside, no clue who many.

She seems to be in a different generation to some extent than the others in the family.

Maybe she has a closer sense of the people because of that.

Sadly she may not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the

'grandmother clique' in the family that would be running things.

The more you look at the Shinawatra clan the more it seems like

a status driven matriarchy clawing for power.

Edited by animatic

(BangkokPost.com) - Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s spokesman Pongthep Thepkanjana on Saturday confirmed that Mr Thaksin had divorced his wife, Khunying Potjaman, at the Thai consulate in Hong Kong,

However, Mr Pongthep avoided answering the reasons behind the divorce, citing that it was a personal matter.

Foreign media, meanwhile, speculated that the divorce was sealed because of legal issues. The media believed the Shinawatra family could be planning to transfer their frozen assets of about 76 billion baht in Thailand to Khunying Potjaman.

According to Sakda, many Puea Thai Party MPs expected Mrs Yinglak Shinawatra [Thaksin's sister] to lead their Party and she would become the first Thai female Prime Minister. :D :D He believed the Shinawatra family is ready to administer the country, especially Thaksin’s brother Payap. :D :D

:( Do people want politicians or models? :D

We don't want a Shinawatra...

whether it's sister Yingluck Shinawatra...

68282343vh1.jpg

or brother Payap Shinawatra...

payapshinawatra.jpg

or cousin Chaisit Shinawatra...

cousinchaisit.jpg

or son Panthongtae Shinawatra...

1185264.jpg

or daughter Pinthongta Shinawatra...

primeministerandhisniece.jpg

or daughter Peathongtarn Shinawatra...

mcdonaldsgirl.jpg

or any other Shinawatra...

is that too much ask for?

Edited by sriracha john

It would be interesting to compare their account activity since their declared assets and see what was transfered where and when, account to account.

Didn,t he spend X of billions on the purchase of Man. City which where well in access of his 614 mil. as one example of his being unusually rich since taking office.

There are also the odd property purchases to consider also, which are not exactly modest in price.

Assuming assets of seventy odd billion are frozen from his questionable business activities, where would the money come from other than his corrupt practices and plundering of the Thai coffers / assets, ( also since taking office ) !!!!!!

There are of course then the odd property purchases to consider, which are not exactly modest in price either.

I look forward to reading about the ongoing saga and possibly get an insight as to why this latest ploy has been hatched and publicised at this time.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Been gone for a while, but would like to catch up and ask a question and state a very known fact.

Question: If Mrs Thaksin was a convicted criminal at the time the visa was revoked, how did she get the visa in the first place? She was convicted and sentenced before going to the Olimpics and then to England.????

As to the revoke which has been reported to be because of their criminal convictions, the Diplomat who has never, or will never use the fine art of prevarication has never, and possibly will never be born!!! Diplomats are civil servants and take their directions from On-High. Now the question should be, who has the power to tell the Home Secretary to take action on such short notice.

I love my life here in Thailand and refuse to take this question any further.

Have a nice day.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission revealed last year that Thaksin officially declared assets worth 614.39 million baht when he took office, while Khunying Potjaman had 8.48 billion baht.

Thaksin blamed a group of "privileged elites" including retired army generals, said the source.

I thought they maybe worth 20 times that amount now

Thaksin blamed a group of "privileged elites" including retired army generals, said the source.

yeah right on, those two scheming, devious men on his left here, will make sure he never returns

post-7932-1226741951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sarge

HONEST divorced is something you don't want to share with the world, it look bad as a couple, husband and wife would go their own way quietly, file a divorced silently somewhere that nobody know.

if you were a high profile would you like to share to the world that you are divorce, i certainly don't, divorce are bad news doesn't matter who you are.

if he was cheating he wouldn't like it that other know, if she doesn't want to take any more of his politic crap and decided to divorce him, she wouldn't want to destroy him in this way, its also look bad for him in the political arena, they have much to gain to keep the divorce quiet if it was an honest divorce.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission revealed last year that Thaksin officially declared assets worth 614.39 million baht when he took office, while Khunying Potjaman had 8.48 billion baht.

I thought they maybe worth 20 times that amount now

yeah right on, those two scheming, devious men on his left here, will make sure he never returns

post-7932-1226741951_thumb.jpg

Well, I guess it's just as well that Thailand has such "scheming, devious" men. The best punishment for Mr Thaksin is to be banished for life.

However that's unlikely to happen, but it's gratifying to learn that he indeed does have enemies in high places.

Edited by ratcatcher

Neither is an embassy. A common fallacy, bolstered by much repetition.

There was an informative article about this issue in the Thai English-language press about a year ago, when the British embassy was talking about leasing or selling part of their land for a commercial development. The "soil" was still subject to Thai law and City of Bangkok regulations.

So how about the buildings? Who really has jurisdiction within them? When it comes down to breaking the laws of the HOST country, the embassy staff is subject to the Host country's laws. Taksin was well aware of this legality, so no worry about waltzing into a Thai embassy OR consulate abroad, as long as the extradition laws are favorable to him.

One such example explained, below:

"And yes, any embassy in the USA follows the laws of the nation they are from.No. If someone commits murder in an embassy, the killer will be turned over to local police by the embassy's security, or the police will be invited in to collect him. He will be tried under the laws of the country in which the embassy is located, NOT the embassy's country's laws."

From: http://www.endihm.com/embassies-consulates...ates-12714.html

The Vienna convention on consular rules 1961 is the reference point although some here may still prefer to rely upon the " Thai/English press ".

Been gone for a while, but would like to catch up and ask a question and state a very known fact.

Question: If Mrs Thaksin was a convicted criminal at the time the visa was revoked, how did she get the visa in the first place? She was convicted and sentenced before going to the Olimpics and then to England.????

As to the revoke which has been reported to be because of their criminal convictions, the Diplomat who has never, or will never use the fine art of prevarication has never, and possibly will never be born!!! Diplomats are civil servants and take their directions from On-High. Now the question should be, who has the power to tell the Home Secretary to take action on such short notice.

I love my life here in Thailand and refuse to take this question any further.

Have a nice day.

Simple They had long stay visa BEFORE the convictions. Which after a conviction can rightly be recinded.

The Brits didn't realize she was convicted till AFTER little Mrs Hot Potato was in their fair land.

Not bothering to moniter Thai internal affairs as closely as many other places.

The moment the two moved out ensemble the door slammed shut.

I am sure the Brits felt put upon by the sneaking in bit.

captcpsofi28151108092128photo00phot.jpg

A doormat depicting former Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife Pojaman in Bangkok.

The pair have divorced, his spokesman said

AFP / 2008-11-15

Are these doormats made in Udon Thani or Buriram I wonder? :o

One can't help but wonder whether these fine products are in fact, OTOP products...?

According to Sakda, many Puea Thai Party MPs expected Mrs Yinglak Shinawatra [Thaksin's sister] to lead their Party and she would become the first Thai female Prime Minister. :D:D He believed the Shinawatra family is ready to administer the country, especially Thaksin’s brother Payap. :D:D

:( Do people want politicians or models? :D

We don't want a Shinawatra...

whether it's sister Yingluck Shinawatra...

68282343vh1.jpg

or brother Payap Shinawatra...

payapshinawatra.jpg

or cousin Chaisit Shinawatra...

cousinchaisit.jpg

or son Panthongtae Shinawatra...

1185264.jpg

or daughter Pinthongta Shinawatra...

primeministerandhisniece.jpg

or daughter Peathongtarn Shinawatra...

mcdonaldsgirl.jpg

or any other Shinawatra...

is that too much ask for?

Ok, lets hear it from you then.

Who do you want? Specific people please

post pictures of them?

Do you want them elected or imposed?

Whilst your on about it as well, do you ever visit Thailand, or do you just read about it and watch ASTV?