How Much Would A Townhouse Or Apart. Be Near Big C Phuket Town?

janetplanet

Sure Phuket are more expensive than Korat.

Sure the western world are more expensive , and people have higher salaries/ pensions than local people have in Phuket. Foreigners working for a International company here are usually,(not always) paid in foreign currency and have naturally several times higher salaries than the local people. This several times higher salary is very often not more than a good average back in their home countries.

Likewise with most (not all) retired foreigners here. Sure a retired has not the same income as foreigners working, but with an average pension in their home countries will that again be several times higher here.

If the average Thai earn US 8000,- annually and get by with that well then I guess that is the standard here. If any foreigner relocate home and because he as an example earn US 100K annually tell the immigrants that this you have to earn for a decent living here, even if the rest of the population averagely earn US 50K annually. Arrogant would be his name.

I dont want to appear cruel but phuket is the most expensive place in thailand to live so unless the opportunity gives you the chance to have a decent lifestyle i would be seriously thinking about it

Not very decent for a temporarily visitor to set standards in a Country where most of the population hardly make enough to months end.

I don't think 6 years is that temporary,just making the point that living in low budget accommodation in Phuket will not be same same as some rice farm village.

working involves costs for travel clothes etc so not the same as sitting in a hut drinking chang and waiting to die with you old hooker

I would be thinking another location where money still has a value.

• 2 months later...
quote]

I have 2 job 'offers' at 2 different schools. One is on Chao Fa west road somewhere near a big temple/big C the other is in North Phuket near the police station.

The school near the "big temple" sounds like Baan Chalong school and is nowhere near Big C.

If you take the road next to tesco and head into the City, after 500m there is the right turn for the Hostpital, do not take it, go straight on for 200m, on your left there is a new row of shop houses, 3 storey, 450 m sq and they rent out at 10,000 baht per month. the owner also has a new guesthouse with excellent rooms for 500b a day.

i stayed there many times as my head office was near big c.

if it is wat chalong, then from the wat to chalong circle, there are many left turns and many to rent down each turn.

bungalows from 8,000 baht plus water n electric.

for a guesthouse, i think soi baan glank has one tooked away, they are small guesthouse bungalows with a pool, she will probably want 12,000 b a month all in.

just drive around and have fun...