Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

Waiting for 1hr close= London open.

Alerts are Selling GY key zone to break(kztb) 151.09 , EY kztb 127.71 and a move to 127.21 , EU kztb, 1.3070.

Have few more and will see how it happens. These trades are from 5 min method. Things can change fast.

EU finding support at 3057/47 must see a close below.

GY is approaching 151.09 .

and am in short EY 127.73 stop 127.85 holding 23 pips profit. sold 1 lot and 2 at stop. Target 127.15 at present

Close 2nd lot on EY at 127.20 stop remains,

GY broke the number 151.09 but did not close below the number on 1hr . sell stop 150.87

EU pass. possible trade but not good enough. 1hr sell maybe, but poor R/R. watch for a better signal to sell support 1.3050/46

Sell stop triggered.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting for 1hr close= London open.

Alerts are Selling GY key zone to break(kztb) 151.09 , EY kztb 127.71 and a move to 127.21 , EU kztb, 1.3070.

Have few more and will see how it happens. These trades are from 5 min method. Things can change fast.

EU finding support at 3057/47 must see a close below.

GY is approaching 151.09 .

and am in short EY 127.73 stop 127.85 holding 23 pips profit. sold 1 lot and 2 at stop. Target 127.15 at present

Close 2nd lot on EY at 127.20 stop remains,

GY broke the number 151.09 but did not close below the number on 1hr . sell stop 150.87

EU pass. possible trade but not good enough. 1hr sell maybe, but poor R/R. watch for a better signal to sell support 1.3050/46

Sell stop triggered.

10 pip loss on GY 51 banked on EY.

EU support held . Long entry at 1.3085 closed 1.3167 =80 pips , total for the night 131 pip profit.

A simple but cheeky trade last night selling the S&P. Wrote earlier in the week looks like a push to 1600 be made and it was.

Entries were made on the 5 min chart using 15 and 1hr confirmation. See attached.

Bullish monthly close above previous candle high resistance 31/10/2007 at 1586.75. New high 1594.90.

Divergence showing on Stoc, Macd, Uptrend still intact. Waiting for a candle reversal on the higher periods, daily, weekly , monthly.

FOMC Statements: side-by -side attached

post-49444-0-05542400-1367445349_thumb.p

post-49444-0-56417400-1367446776_thumb.p

FOMC May 1st side by side.pdf

Edited by Paulo1

Daily Sell entry zone EU is 1.3200/1.3222 stop 1.3245

Entry was triggered at 1.3210. plus 130 pips.

Next sell entry zone 1.3113

Edited by Paulo1

EURUSD sell 1.3160 stop 1.3175 closed 1.3126

Even though this trade made money it was not a good trade. The reason I never closed prior the Interest rate announcement was solely because the stop was only 10 pips. The spike could have just as easy gone against the trade, so was lucky it went down before going higher to the daily entry signal posted.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Aud.Usd, 4hr sma is DOWN, (Bearish)

Bearish interest would be gone: if we get a break and hold above the 1.0250 area next week.

2. Usd.Jpy, 4hr sma is UP (Bullish)

Bullish interest would be gone: if we get a break and hold below the 98.60 area next week.

3. Eur.Jpy, 4hr sma is UP (Bullish)

Bullish interest would be gone: if we get a break and hold below the 129.00 area next week

Edited by Paulo1

Hi Paulo,

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread.

I'm a newbie to Forex, only been studying it for a few weeks. I've gone through the babypips school and have opened a couple of demo accounts with different brokers (Oanda & Alpari) to try out their trading platforms. I did a quick browse against "forex trading" on here and was happy to find this thread. Thanks again, looking forward to following

Cheers

Did anyone ever spend money on automated trading systems/robots running on your own terminal?

For example on Ninja or Metatrader?

I have a system (self made) which is so good that I want to share it. Why sell it if it works? Well basically I only have 10k usd and with a rate of 4% a month I'm not going that fast, and was thinking if I would sell it to for example max 5-10 I would have more to invest in my own system resulting in higher gain.

So nothing commercial or hyped thing as I don't want to ruin my own strategy haha.

I'm trading gold (xauusd) on the Metatrader platform by the way.

What are your thought? Just leave it and become rich in a long time or should sell it?

Did anyone ever spend money on automated trading systems/robots running on your own terminal?

For example on Ninja or Metatrader?

I have a system (self made) which is so good that I want to share it. Why sell it if it works? Well basically I only have 10k usd and with a rate of 4% a month I'm not going that fast, and was thinking if I would sell it to for example max 5-10 I would have more to invest in my own system resulting in higher gain.

So nothing commercial or hyped thing as I don't want to ruin my own strategy haha.

I'm trading gold (xauusd) on the Metatrader platform by the way.

What are your thought? Just leave it and become rich in a long time or should sell it?

Thanks smile.png

Don't sell it and develop it more. If you compound your 4% monthly one can't complain at that. If you found someone to buy it they most likely would not be able to get the same results. Enjoy your method and go The way of the Turtle.

I would also be concerned with your 10k USD, it will become a Kip. :)

My scalp method does 1% daily and i would NEVER sell it.

Edited by Paulo1

Daily Signal.

GBPAUD sell zone 1.5370/5404 stop 1.5444 Target open.

I am in this trade at 5371 and am a bit wary as its budget night in Aus. My stop remains. Have not taken profit even though it has moved 56 pips from when i posted..

Edit, moved stop to 5360

Edited by Paulo1

Daily Signal.

GBPAUD sell zone 1.5370/5404 stop 1.5444 Target open.

I am in this trade at 5371 and am a bit wary as its budget night in Aus. My stop remains. Have not taken profit even though it has moved 56 pips from when i posted..

Edit, moved stop to 5360

Stopped out plus 10.

Entered shorts on kiwi at 8275 booked 20 pips at 5 contracts.Holding 2 full contracts at stop 8269

Sold AUDUSD @ 9970 booked 35 pip @9934 hold 2 contracts at stop 9948 , and will close another on a close above 9938.

$4500 banked and holding profits at stops. Thats the power of my 5min scalp method.

Attched is kiwi chart. 5min.

post-49444-0-91172700-1368527195_thumb.p

post-49444-0-94554300-1368528601_thumb.p

post-49444-0-03281500-1368528613_thumb.p

Edited by Paulo1

Hi Paulo,

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread.

I'm a newbie to Forex, only been studying it for a few weeks. I've gone through the babypips school and have opened a couple of demo accounts with different brokers (Oanda & Alpari) to try out their trading platforms. I did a quick browse against "forex trading" on here and was happy to find this thread. Thanks again, looking forward to following

Cheers

Babypips is a good place to begin, free and better than most rubbish being sold.

Yes, their "school of pipsology" has been an excellent introduction to Forex. A lot to take in, but I'm working through it and will go through it for a second time and start trying to apply the methods to my demo accounts. I opened the demos before I'd made any progress through their "school" and made some stupid mistakes.

I'm planning on using the demo for a couple of months, or at least until I can develop a strategy which suits me. I'll then look at opening a live micro account

Yes, their "school of pipsology" has been an excellent introduction to Forex. A lot to take in, but I'm working through it and will go through it for a second time and start trying to apply the methods to my demo accounts. I opened the demos before I'd made any progress through their "school" and made some stupid mistakes.

I'm planning on using the demo for a couple of months, or at least until I can develop a strategy which suits me. I'll then look at opening a live micro account

I strongly believe you should open a micro account and forget a demo. Reason being is a micro account will teach market psychology where as a demo won't. Bit like playing poker without penny's , then playing poker with penny's. Demo's are only there to teach you the platform, even the data is not correct, stops are never attacked, so how do you think you can learn a strategy when the data is false? Many traders fall into this trap where they can trade well on a demo , then go l, live and their world is crushed.

Reason being is a micro account will teach market psychology where as a demo won't

I understand where you're coming from. Especially if it was, for example, a mini or standard account. But is there really such a huge psychological difference given the very small volumes we'd be looking at on a micro account?

Still takes some practice to work out how to use the tools too, drawing trend lines, using the Fib levels, reading canldesticks etc. I wouldn't want to go live until I am confident that I'm using the tools correctly

As a fellow equities swing trader, I have been finding a lot of interesting and educational articles on a site called http://www.financepins.com.

It is apparently a new site that is set up like Pinterest, but only for finance and trading stuff. It's free too.

Just passing it along, for what it's worth.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reason being is a micro account will teach market psychology where as a demo won't

I understand where you're coming from. Especially if it was, for example, a mini or standard account. But is there really such a huge psychological difference given the very small volumes we'd be looking at on a micro account?

Still takes some practice to work out how to use the tools too, drawing trend lines, using the Fib levels, reading canldesticks etc. I wouldn't want to go live until I am confident that I'm using the tools correctly

You will learn lot quicker being a micro account. Can open one with as little as $50.

You only need to know about 5 candle formations, Hammers, Shooting Stars, Engulfing, Doji, Morning and Evening Stars, www.candlecharts.com , Fibs, easy last swing high/low to the time-frame you are trading.Fib moves from left to right. Trendlines, many different idea's, find what fits, Demark is good, but takes some work, The key is emotional and money management, forget about the rest , it will come.

Edited by Paulo1

As a fellow equities swing trader, I have been finding a lot of interesting and educational articles on a site called http://www.financepins.com.

It is apparently a new site that is set up like Pinterest, but only for finance and trading stuff. It's free too.

Thanks for sharing. Looked at the site and way too much info for me. i like to keep it more simple.

Thanks for sharing. Looked at the site and way too much info for me. i like to keep it more simple.

No problem.

Actually, I found out that after you register on the FinancePins site, it asks you to select specific topics of interest and then it only shows you posts that are related to your topic of interest. This, of course, makes it less overwhelming.

Since you appear to be a technical trader (candlestick patterns and such), you may find this blog to be interesting: http://www.morpheustrading.com/blog. It is a blog that regularly posts educational articles on technical swing trading of stocks and ETFs. They also have a few articles on trading psychology as well, which I see you have mentioned.

I am also using their (free) technical stock screener to find potential stock breakouts and pullbacks too (http://screener.morpheustrading.com).

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers,

Osten

Edited by osten

No problem.

Actually, I found out that after you register on the FinancePins site, it asks you to select specific topics of interest and then it only shows you posts that are related to your topic of interest. This, of course, makes it less overwhelming.

Since you appear to be a technical trader (candlestick patterns and such), you may find this blog to be interesting: http://www.morpheustrading.com/blog. It is a blog that regularly posts educational articles on technical swing trading of stocks and ETFs. They also have a few articles on trading psychology as well, which I see you have mentioned.

I am also using their (free) technical stock screener to find potential stock breakouts and pullbacks too (http://screener.morpheustrading.com).

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers,

Osten

Cheers Osten,

Presently researching 3D printer developers. Think this will be massive in the future.

That screener is not to bad.

Edited by Paulo1

Steve Nison's DVDs are quite expensive. $3500 for the lot but he's generally regarded as the top candlestick guy out there.

There is so much free Nison stuff about you would be mad to pay for it.

Steve Nison's DVDs are quite expensive. $3500 for the lot but he's generally regarded as the top candlestick guy out there.

There is so much free Nison stuff about you would be mad to pay for it.

Agreed. I got the whole lot on piratebay