Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reason being is a micro account will teach market psychology where as a demo won't

I understand where you're coming from. Especially if it was, for example, a mini or standard account. But is there really such a huge psychological difference given the very small volumes we'd be looking at on a micro account?

Still takes some practice to work out how to use the tools too, drawing trend lines, using the Fib levels, reading canldesticks etc. I wouldn't want to go live until I am confident that I'm using the tools correctly

You will learn lot quicker being a micro account. Can open one with as little as $50.

You only need to know about 5 candle formations, Hammers, Shooting Stars, Engulfing, Doji, Morning and Evening Stars, www.candlecharts.com , Fibs, easy last swing high/low to the time-frame you are trading.Fib moves from left to right. Trendlines, many different idea's, find what fits, Demark is good, but takes some work, The key is emotional and money management, forget about the rest , it will come.

Thank you for the link. Very useful for learning the candle formations

You will learn lot quicker being a micro account. Can open one with as little as $50

I think I'll be going with Alpari UK over Oanda. Alpari have a higher min deposit for their micro acc. ($200) but their trading platform is better than Oanda's Fxtrader. The registration process for Oanda also seems to be a lot more involved than any other too

Cheers

Cheers Osten,

Presently researching 3D printer developers. Think this will be massive in the future.

That screener is not to bad.

Ironically, I have been trying to learn more about 3D printers too. Just today I read this article (which I first saw on that FinancePins site):

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-12/your-future-will-be-manufactured-on-a-3d-printer.html

Over the long-term, it will probably be the material suppliers that benefit the most from sales, rather than the printer manufacturers (a la HP).

Found a video on YouTube that showed a guy making a real, functional gun with a 3D printer...crazy stuff.

Cheers Osten,

Presently researching 3D printer developers. Think this will be massive in the future.

That screener is not to bad.

Ironically, I have been trying to learn more about 3D printers too. Just today I read this article (which I first saw on that FinancePins site):

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-12/your-future-will-be-manufactured-on-a-3d-printer.html

Over the long-term, it will probably be the material suppliers that benefit the most from sales, rather than the printer manufacturers (a la HP).

Found a video on YouTube that showed a guy making a real, functional gun with a 3D printer...crazy stuff.

Awesome, appreciate anything you find on it. Will pass on what i find also.

Alpari is primarily a Market maker and not an ECN broker, which is not ideal. One thing that sets Alpari apart from the competition is the use of MetaTrader 5 as the platform for the ECN accounts. Stay away from any Market Maker.

And you want a platform that has New York Bankers Close Time

Edited by Paulo1

www.synergyfx.com.au is my preferred MT4 broker. Have been working with them on changes to their platform and from next week you will see some major improvements. Excellent data , true ECN plus have a standard account, go with the standard account, No Dealing Desk, Great spreads, averaging .5 pip on eurusd, customer support awesome. Synergy is without a doubt lifting the standards of Mt4 brokers. Most are dodgy as.

AXi, Go Markets, owned by VantageFX. (who i liked once) was just busted for turning of the platform, widening spreads to attack stops, also, they use this software called FXcopy and what they do is have traders on demo accounts , just pressing buy sell orders to trick live traders in following them on a live account to get the spread fee. This is normal with 99% of MT4 brokers.

Ask for Darren (Jack Russel) Spicer. www.synergyfx.com.au . Can PM me and I can set up an introduction.

WOW, that was a plug. I don't back brokers easily.

Index: ASX200 (XJO) or equivalent price in June SPI

Sell @ market 5190 stop 5280. close 50% at 5040

A close today below 5163 in cash will be a major sell signal, confirming a false break of the high from the 12th of

March.

BHP sell limit @ market $33.90 stop $35.75 Target $31.00

This morning's sell-off tells me that we are still under the influence of the lower distribution and this false break is a great opportunity to get short.

Edited by Paulo1

Thanks for the info.

Feeling pretty gutted with myself today. Made a stupid mistake on my demo account.

On Monday I entered a short limit order on EUR/USD @ 1.2964 with a TP @ 1.2900 and a stop-loss well above. I thought I was doing great until I logged into my demo and found it had been stopped out!! Yesterday's high was well within my stop-loss, so all I can think of is that I forgot to change the time frame on my limit order from 1 day and it stopped out early. Today price fell below 1.2900 so I would have hit my target easily and made 64 pips, doh!!!!

Oh well, we live and learn I suppose

Thanks for the info.

Feeling pretty gutted with myself today. Made a stupid mistake on my demo account.

On Monday I entered a short limit order on EUR/USD @ 1.2964 with a TP @ 1.2900 and a stop-loss well above. I thought I was doing great until I logged into my demo and found it had been stopped out!! Yesterday's high was well within my stop-loss, so all I can think of is that I forgot to change the time frame on my limit order from 1 day and it stopped out early. Today price fell below 1.2900 so I would have hit my target easily and made 64 pips, doh!!!!

Oh well, we live and learn I suppose

Would have been a nice entry, BUT SERIOUSLY, its a demo account so you,nor I will never know. Get a micro account.

Did anyone ever spend money on automated trading systems/robots running on your own terminal?

For example on Ninja or Metatrader?

I have a system (self made) which is so good that I want to share it. Why sell it if it works? Well basically I only have 10k usd and with a rate of 4% a month I'm not going that fast, and was thinking if I would sell it to for example max 5-10 I would have more to invest in my own system resulting in higher gain.

So nothing commercial or hyped thing as I don't want to ruin my own strategy haha.

I'm trading gold (xauusd) on the Metatrader platform by the way.

What are your thought? Just leave it and become rich in a long time or should sell it?

Thanks Posted Image

Don't sell it and develop it more. If you compound your 4% monthly one can't complain at that. If you found someone to buy it they most likely would not be able to get the same results. Enjoy your method and go The way of the Turtle.

I would also be concerned with your 10k USD, it will become a Kip. :)

My scalp method does 1% daily and i would NEVER sell it.

Thank for your answer. I decided to not release it for other people although I have some 55win/45loss robots overhere which are built for the current market, not for a changing market.

Perhaps I can sell some of those in order to raise my capital. I guess I'm just greedy to have a nice passive income ;)

1% day? Sweet! Would love to play with that one and add some extra features inside your code ;-) lol

Did anyone ever spend money on automated trading systems/robots running on your own terminal?

I have a system (self made) which is so good that I want to share it. Why sell it if it works? Well basically I only have 10k usd and with a rate of 4% a month I'm not going that fast, and was thinking if I would sell it to for example max 5-10 I would have more to invest in my own system resulting in higher gain.

So nothing commercial or hyped thing as I don't want to ruin my own strategy haha.

What are your thought? Just leave it and become rich in a long time or should sell it?

Thanks smile.png

Don't sell it and develop it more. If you compound your 4% monthly one can't complain at that. If you found someone to buy it they most likely would not be able to get the same results. Enjoy your method and go The way of the Turtle.

I would also be concerned with your 10k USD, it will become a Kip. smile.png

Thank for your answer. I decided to not release it for other people although I have some 55win/45loss robots overhere which are built for the current market, not for a changing market.

Perhaps I can sell some of those in order to raise my capital. I guess I'm just greedy to have a nice passive income wink.png

1% day? Sweet! Would love to play with that one and add some extra features inside your code ;-) lol

I work more on profit factor than a win/loss ratio.

1% day? Sweet! Would love to play with that one and add some extra features inside your code ;-) lol LOL. do you think it needs to be better?

Still hold shorts on Cable, EU ,AU, NU, plus have adding several positions. Including a long on the AUDNZD earning 40 pips. Has been some awesome opportunities this week.

Posted Yesterday, 17:53 LOOKING GOOD, but may be another squeeze higher.

Sell @ market 5190 stop 5280. close 50% at 5040.

Cable trade has now produced 400 pips from entry 2 weeks ago. Would say this months pips in profit in total will be over 4000.

Silver trading near recent low support at $22.032 , can see $19 soon.

Get a micro account

Submitted and awaiting approval smile.png

smile.png awesome. play small and work your percentages.

Well, after waiting a day to be approved by Alapri, followed by several unsuccessful attempts at funding my account, I've given up on them already.

Decided to give Oanda a try, approved and deposit made within 5mins. Let the fun begin :)

Get a micro account

Submitted and awaiting approval smile.png

smile.png awesome. play small and work your percentages.

Well, after waiting a day to be approved by Alapri, followed by several unsuccessful attempts at funding my account, I've given up on them already.

Decided to give Oanda a try, approved and deposit made within 5mins. Let the fun begin smile.png

Great, When trading with Onanda be careful around news release times. they increase the spreads massively. Apart from that they are ok.

A close today below 5163 in cash will be a major sell signal, confirming a false break of the high from the 12th of

March.

This morning's sell-off tells me that we are still under the influence of the lower distribution and this false break is a great opportunity to get short.

BHP had a move to 35.36 stop was safe, current price 33.64 with a low of 32.85

ASX june 13 SPI has broken a daily trend line , watching 5082 support. Both trades making good money. However its very possible that this could be the beginning of a major down move.

Edited by Paulo1

Big zone smashed by the AUD. Here comes 9730/00 then 9640. one step down at a time. Am holding nice short positions since last Thursday as well as today. Watch 9820.

Alerted to 9820 zone, currently trading 9820. Got to love these trends.

Hi Paulo,

I'm looking at USDJPY & appears to have stalled over the last couple of days. I'm using Fib retracement & stochastic on the daily chart which is showing it could be overbought. Possibly looking at a short order targeting a retracement to the 50 fib line, which lines up nicely with the previous areas of resistance @ the 100 line. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Thanks Posted Image

I would also be concerned with your 10k USD, it will become a Kip. Posted Image

Perhaps I can sell some of those in order to raise my capital. I guess I'm just greedy to have a nice passive income Posted Image

I work more on profit factor than a win/loss ratio.

1% day? Sweet! Would love to play with that one and add some extra features inside your code ;-) lol LOL. do you think it needs to be better?

Yes why not :-)

I'm a full time automated forex trading developer for jForex, NinjaTrader and Metatrader and u love increasing percentage of gain and decreasing equitity drawdowns. My hobby and work :-)

Btw which platform you use for trading? Do you have a trading history somewhere like for example @ myfxbook.com

I feel bad, got 2 sells open on xauusd, my robot should be able to handle it, but need to wait for the long wknd :/

Hi Paulo,

I'm looking at USDJPY & appears to have stalled over the last couple of days. I'm using Fib retracement & stochastic on the daily chart which is showing it could be overbought. Possibly looking at a short order targeting a retracement to the 50 fib line, which lines up nicely with the previous areas of resistance @ the 100 line. Any thoughts?

Cheers

I think you are on the money. Was just chatting with my traders yesterday and we were all of the same opinion that 103 number looks like the top. Nice work mate.

hansje1980

Think the sells on XAU shold be ok down to 1335 area although it is near the recent low and i am looking for a reversal around that number.. Does this bot use martingaling.. What time frame does the Bot work on?

Not really into RB's although i do have some ideas to be programmed and can appreciate their use. Problem for me is I am an old fashion style trader. and i don't trust something i don't see or understand.. Just a personal thing.

Yes, i have heaps of history , all the way back to 1992. I don't post nor share my history for obvious reasons.

Am not sure if my method could get better, simply because 1% daily gain is awesome and i am more than happy with that, but hey, Who knows.

[5/6/2013 8:14:44 PM] paulo: just took 28 from the AUDUSD and 21 NZDUSD , 5 min method.
[5/6/2013 8:16:24 PM] S1: Nice work...I am still at work, with no access.
[5/6/2013 8:17:14 PM] paulo: was just the same setups we look for on 5min,15 and hour, if you were in front would have got also i would think.
[5/6/2013 8:18:11 PM] S1: Yeah I have been using it every day...averaging 1% a day...still trying to work out best way of managing stop.
Thats from a trader whom i taught am using my method.
Edited names ofcourse.

March.

Closed 50% at 5040

Closed 100% at $33

Daily sell signal alerts on. DAX , SnP.;

Big zone smashed by the AUD. Here comes 9730/00 then 9640. one step down at a time. Am holding nice short positions since last Thursday as well as today. Watch 9820.

All zones are being knocked off , current 9680. New target is 9370

SPI, ASX200 and Indices in general.

The big picture is now shaping up perfectly for more downside in the medium term. It is still early days of course and the next thing we need to see is the shift to intermediate downtrend, but the false break of the high is confirmed and the weekly sell pivot will be in place thus confirming the bearish divergence on the RSI and MACD.

It is the best set up for the shorts that we will see all year.

A 1000 point fall in the Nikkei from top to bottom today is worth taking note of as well as the bad flash PMI figures out of China showing contraction.

Bernanke's testimony last night also threw cold water on the bulls.

The next few weeks will be interesting.

FX. Entered sell positions on EY 132.72 and GY 154.41 today, Maybe worth waiting and see how they retrace to a better entry zone if not in these trades already. They were not posted.